It is known that Halo 3 MCC doesn't have the best hit detection especially when it comes to playing it online. Bloodshots are a regular thing even though they should not be. Sadly we've seen a lot of bloodshots and blank melees during LAN events and the most recent one was one of the worst show cases of how bad the hit detection is.

I said it before and I'll say it again, if MCC launches like this on the PC, popular streamers, the players, the new comers will see how bad it is and it will kill the game, unless they provide us with an updated version of Halo 3 MCC.

This is a video of how bad the hit detection is : Click me please

343 Industries, I know that bringing MCC to the PC and working on Infinite is not an easy thing, but a lot of people in the community, be it on twitter or this forum, have been complaining about it, making videos about it. I understand bloodshots happening online, but seeing blank melees and bloodshots (shots that did cost a team a CTF game) on LAN is not acceptable.
It is known that Halo 3 MCC doesn't have the best hit detection especially when it comes to playing it online. Bloodshots are a regular thing even though they should not be. Sadly we've seen a lot of bloodshots and blank melees during LAN events and the most recent one was one of the worst show cases of how bad the hit detection is.

I said it before and I'll say it again, if MCC launches like this on the PC, popular streamers, the players, the new comers will see how bad it is and it will kill the game, unless they provide us with an updated version of Halo 3 MCC.

This is a video of how bad the hit detection is : Click me please343 Industries, I know that bringing MCC to the PC and working on Infinite is not an easy thing, but a lot of people in the community, be it on twitter or this forum, have been complaining about it, making videos about it. I understand bloodshots happening online, but seeing blank melees and bloodshots (shots that did cost a team a CTF game) on LAN is not acceptable.
Forget an update ,give H3 the H3A treatment.
This is why I sometimes turn off Halo 3 when searching for games. I’m glad I’m not the only one experiencing this horrible hit detection.
RPG445 wrote:
This is why I sometimes turn off Halo 3 when searching for games. I’m glad I’m not the only one experiencing this horrible hit detection.
Yep its pretty bad, It still amazes me how it is so supremely popular, it's a bit of a oxymoron
Is this a connection related issue? Not to say that it isn’t an issue for others, but I’ve been playing H3 recently with good connection (Ethernet and all) and I haven’t had any issues.
Is this a connection related issue? Not to say that it isn’t an issue for others, but I’ve been playing H3 recently with good connection (Ethernet and all) and I haven’t had any issues.
If this is happening in an offline environment I believe it would be more than just connection issues.
its the games code. ive seen back in mlg days bloodshots on lan
If this is happening in an offline environment I believe it would be more than just connection issues.
I think from what I've gleaned from pros on podcasts, YouTube ect, it's a combination of hit detection, net coding and connection issues. The general concensus seems to be ( I feel the same) that 360 back compat able H3 shot detection is far better than that of mcc H3.
Not just halo 3 all of the halos have hit detection issues. Honestly not sure about halo 4 though.
Except for H4, every game (CE especially) has problems with hit detection.
Except for H4, every game (CE especially) has problems with hit detection.
H2A,is on H4 level as well in regard to hit detection./net coding , ironically the least played and after next week both without a hardcore ranked list, go figure
Halo 4 very rarely seems off to me in that area. I can almost always confidently 4-shot with the BR in that game, but have next to no confidence that the same happens in any of the others.
I have to play only H4 and H2A cause 3 and CE are unplayable. Never get 4-shot BR kill or perfect pistol shots :(
I have to play only H4 and H2A cause 3 and CE are unplayable. Never get 4-shot BR or perfect pistol shots :(
The new H4 social updates will be interesting, especially the legendary slayer settings, having said that my favorite way to play h4 is in swat mode, the H4 pistol would be one of my favorite weapons across all the titles., so satisfying to use.
Not blaming the game though (just a little XD) . I would love to play H3 if i could, but my connection says no:)