Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] halo 3 hit detection

OP EU Tripper

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
P2P Connection DEFINITELY feels better, like for real. It's not even funny how many connection problems there are. It's literally the only main problem I have with mcc right now.
from my understanding EU just get the short end of the stick when it comes to these servers. H3 already had trash hit detection to begin with but its super unfortunate for EU. I have a friend who goes through the same thing.
Jimmbabwe wrote:
from my understanding EU just get the short end of the stick when it comes to these servers. H3 already had trash hit detection to begin with but its super unfortunate for EU. I have a friend who goes through the same thing.
Its 2019 not 2007 if this doesn't get fixed I'm done this game was alot better to play when it was more broken now its just unplaybable
EU Tripper wrote:
Jimmbabwe wrote:
from my understanding EU just get the short end of the stick when it comes to these servers. H3 already had trash hit detection to begin with but its super unfortunate for EU. I have a friend who goes through the same thing.
Its 2019 not 2007 if this doesn't get fixed I'm done this game was alot better to play when it was more broken now its just unplaybable
I will say I’ve noticed a lot of blanks when in gun fights but I mean Halo 3 is just trash online
I hope it gets fixed. So many bloodshots after the update
The issue again is not the game or the servers, it’s the connection to the server. A lot of EU players get routed to a North American server since that leads to a faster match.

The real question is how long are you willing to wait for a match made on one of the EU servers with a good connection? Generally speaking, there is a trade off between matchmaking wait time and the quality of the connection.
The issue again is not the game or the servers, it’s the connection to the server. A lot of EU players get routed to a North American server since that leads to a faster match.

The real question is how long are you willing to wait for a match made on one of the EU servers with a good connection? Generally speaking, there is a trade off between matchmaking wait time and the quality of the connection.
p2p was alot better now everyone has host apart from eu
I think h3 hit detection will never fully be fixed since this was also an issue back in the day
It feels like this issue just grows with every update. They fix stuff But the connection problem never goes away and if anything is worse than before the update.
It’s a chicken and egg problem. Low population in the EU prevents games from hosting on EU servers which leads to bad connections and lag for EU players. Then bad connections and lag lead to low population.
Why is EU servers never preferred? Why is it when I play doubles I’m almost always connected to US host never the reverse.

is it actually dedicated server though?
EU Tripper wrote:
This ever going to be fixed because it was alot better on p2p connection now I get killed behind walls and get bloodshots
Well, not that I don't agree when it comes to connection and all of that, but bloodshots tend to appear even in lan (OG Halo 3 and MCC version). Sometimes it's not the connection, it's just the game. Don't believe me? Go watch an old mlg halo 3 montage. You will see double reloads and bloodshots.
Why is EU servers never preferred? Why is it when I play doubles I’m almost always connected to US host never the reverse.

is it actually dedicated server though?
They are dedicated servers.

The preference for US servers likely stems from the fact that’s where the bulk of the population is always located. Since MCC prioritizes fast matchmaking times above all else, you get matched against a US player since there always is one available.

From a server perspective, I’m sure that the server with lowest ping for all players is selected. And since most players are in the US, a US server hosts the game.

If you prebuilt a group of EU players and all entered a very specific matchmaking mode at the same time I’m sure you’d all get matched together, and would host on a EU server.
EU Tripper wrote:
This ever going to be fixed because it was alot better on p2p connection now I get killed behind walls and get bloodshots
Well, not that I don't agree when it comes to connection and all of that, but bloodshots tend to appear even in lan (OG Halo 3 and MCC version). Sometimes it's not the connection, it's just the game. Don't believe me? Go watch an old mlg halo 3 montage. You will see double reloads and bloodshots.
yes I know its the game I seen lan bloodshots as well