Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Halo 3 Hit Registration and Weapon Inconsistency

OP commando544

I play from Europe on US servers and I notice how Halo 3 is wildly inconsistent with how weapons register hits and damage ( whereas the other games are massively better ) , I wonder if this is an MCC issue, a Halo 3 issue or a region server issue.
Probably a mix of all the issues you mentioned. H3 definitely feels better with the latest hit reg update, but it’s still pretty wonky. I’ve seen plenty of blood shots from snipers, and I hold my breath when trying to land a headshot on someone about to turn a corner. Hopefully when they add server selection you will have a better online experience.
Nah bro. Since they changed the hit reg the game is horrible h3 plays more like halo 2 now. That update has taken the skill out of the game, no trailing, just point and shoot. Can be cross map on standoff and you can hit them easily smh. Can't actually believe no one has complained about this, Coz the game is not fun to play because of this. they need to revert the bullet speed back to how it was.
sionibob wrote:
Nah bro. Since they changed the hit reg the game is horrible h3 plays more like halo 2 now. That update has taken the skill out of the game, no trailing, just point and shoot. Can be cross map on standoff and you can hit them easily smh. Can't actually believe no one has complained about this, Coz the game is not fun to play because of this. they need to revert the bullet speed back to how it was.
They didn't change anything aside from the BR's hit registration, which was absolutely broken prior to the patch. You do still need to lead your shots at range, all the skill is still there. You're either vying for attention, or just venting from a bad game or two.

To the OP: it does seem like the Assault Rifle took a hit in the last update. It seems like the first couple shots just don't connect, even at close range with the reticle dead-center on the target. I've seen it pretty consistently, too.
sionibob wrote:
They didn't change anything aside from the BR's hit registration, which was absolutely broken prior to the patch. You do still need to lead your shots at range, all the skill is still there. You're either vying for attention, or just venting from a bad game or two.

To the OP: it does seem like the Assault Rifle took a hit in the last update. It seems like the first couple shots just don't connect, even at close range with the reticle dead-center on the target. I've seen it pretty consistent, too.
You clearly don't know what your are talking about. That "fix" to the hit registration they doubled the projectile speed from 180 World units per second to 360 with the br which completely changes the way you play the game. if you don't see that then maybe you haven't played enough to really know.
sionibob wrote:
sionibob wrote:

To the OP: it does seem like the Assault Rifle took a hit in the last update. It seems like the first couple shots just don't connect, even at close range with the reticle dead-center on the target. I've seen it pretty consistent, too.
You clearly don't know what your are talking about. That "fix" to the hit registration they doubled the projectile speed from 180 World units per second to 360 with the br which completely changes the way you play the game. if you don't see that then maybe you haven't played enough to really know.
It has changed the game back to what it was before the hit reg bug. You still need to lead your shots with the BR, about the same as always. And that has not affected any other weapons, so no, it hasn't "completely changed" how the game is played. Try hitting someone at long-range with the BR without leading your shots, they WILL miss.
I feel like its gotta be a server issue I'm sorry for your problems bud