Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] Halo 3 Lone wolves - Ranked or social?

OP Kristo Rails

I was happy when I saw they are bringing back Halo 3 Lone Wolves. It was my favorite playlist back in the day and it is the reason I fell in love with FFA. I was however sad when they made it into a social playlist, which is good for those who want a casual FFA match.
I want to know if there are plans to bring it to ranked, it would make oddball and crazy king worth playing and trying to win if it was made into a ranked playlist.
I was happy when I saw they are bringing back Halo 3 Lone Wolves. It was my favorite playlist back in the day and it is the reason I fell in love with FFA. I was however sad when they made it into a social playlist, which is good for those who want a casual FFA match.
I want to know if there are plans to bring it to ranked, it would make oddball and crazy king worth playing and trying to win if it was made into a ranked playlist.
I am torn... While I did love the OG Lonewolves, max six players and ranked, I am kinda happy they gave us what is truly rumble pit. If it were ranked with the lower population as you gain rank it will make finding matches tougher or even if at all... Players are already reporting that in other MCC ranked playlist. Soon they would have to widen the window for matches that ranks would almost not even be a factor.

I would rather see them rename the playlist Rumble pit and make it a cross game playlist. That would be epic and more fun for all players.
LethalQ wrote:
I am torn... While I did love the OG Lonewolves, max six players and ranked, I am kinda happy they gave us what is truly rumble pit. If it were ranked with the lower population as you gain rank it will make finding matches tougher or even if at all... Players are already reporting that in other MCC ranked playlist. Soon they would have to widen the window for matches that ranks would almost not even be a factor.

I would rather see them rename the playlist Rumble pit and make it a cross game playlist. That would be epic and more fun for all players.
I want a reason to play it. That's why I want to have a ranked version. They can add Rumble as the social FFA
343 posted today on Twitter that Lone wolves, hce doubles, and h2 hardcore will be removed due to low population, I can see h2 hardcore and hce doubles being removed, but they literally messed up with the ffa playlist. Many, many, if not most of the people who wanted ffa wanted it ranked with 6 players....343 did the exact opposite and made it social with 8, not sure why they made it social, 8 players, and h3 only. If they would’ve listened to our feedback and made it ranked with 6 people and not just halo 3 the population wouldn’t be low. Many people will not touch it because it’s not ranked ffa. We told 343 this from the get go and there are tons and tons of people who asked for ranked ffa. So hopefully instead of removing ffa they implement what we wanted from the beginning.
343 posted today on Twitter that Lone wolves, hce doubles, and h2 hardcore will be removed due to low population, I can see h2 hardcore and hce doubles being removed, but they literally messed up with the ffa playlist. Many, many, if not most of the people who wanted ffa wanted it ranked with 6 players....343 did the exact opposite and made it social with 8, not sure why they made it social, 8 players, and h3 only. If they would’ve listened to our feedback and made it ranked with 6 people and not just halo 3 the population wouldn’t be low. Many people will not touch it because it’s not ranked ffa. We told 343 this from the get go and there are tons and tons of people who asked for ranked ffa. So hopefully instead of removing ffa they implement what we wanted from the beginning.
Damn...I played HCE doubles yesterday and it was fun, a pity they are removing it
Can you link that tweet?
Going to suck if they remove FFA.... I really hate 343 sometimes... I really think no one at 343 even played the older Halo games and that is why they don't know the difference between actual lone wolves and rumble pit. I am enjoying the "lone wolves" playlist. Hopefully they just try changing it rather than removing it.... Either make it cross game OR make it actual lone wolves with the max six players and ranked.
Yeah here’s the link, scroll through the comments and replies too.

https://twitter.com/343Postums/status/1044606742443651072
Yeah here’s the link, scroll through the comments and replies too.

https://twitter.com/343Postums/status/1044606742443651072
Lazy link... I hope FFA stays... Maybe a low population but players are clearly playing it as I always find matches. How can they have MCC with no FFA?!? Halo should ALWAYS have a ffa playlist available reguardless of population. One of the reasons I stopped playing MCC was no FFA

I followed him and responded.
I agree except i think it would be best kept to just h3. It's the highest population game out of all of them and adding other games will just make players who like h3 not want to play the playlist.
I liked ranked FFA, but truthfully only Slayer variants. Obj Lone Wolves gametypes are a nightmare at mid to high levels of play.
I liked ranked FFA, but truthfully only Slayer variants. Obj Lone Wolves gametypes are a nightmare at mid to high levels of play.
If it's ranked I play everything from Oddball to crazy king. If it's social I don't see why I should try and win
If it's ranked I play everything from Oddball to crazy king. If it's social I don't see why I should try and win
I still say keep it soical and make it cross game... That would be best for the playlist. Just not enough people play for ranks to work well.
A ranked Halo 3 Lone Wolves (i.e. FFA) has finally been added as of the MCC November Update (11/19/18) per:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mcc-november-update

Come Rumble in the Pit.