Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Halo 3 multiplayer is not fun and kinda boring

OP Geth Pathfinder

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
After playing a few more matches since the MCC update, I continue to be irritated with Halo 3. Most games have unbalanced teams, the weapons feel like BB guns, and I feel like I’m moving underwater. Why is Halo 3 so popular among Halo fans? I keep playing Halo 3, thinking that if I get good enough, I will enjoy Halo 3 as much as 4 and Reach. So far this isn’t the case. I have played the MCC on and off for two years and still can’t get into H3 as much as H4

I would say maybe I just suck at Halo, but I have fun in H2, H2A, H4, and Reach. Halo CE is fun sometimes but other times frustrating. Halo 3 is almost always frustrating. Even BTB in H3 is frustratingly slow. I have the most fun, when I focus on messing around instead of doing good.
I'm the same my friend. Just not sure why but H3 doesn't play right and I always struggle. I'm probably not skilled enough or have enough experience with this game maybe? It has always been my least favorite so I'd be interested also why others find this their number 1 Halo and maybe shed some light on it's gameplay that may differ from others?
Not going to lie it played a bit differently on the 360.
After playing a few more matches since the MCC update, I continue to be irritated with Halo 3. Most games have unbalanced teams, the weapons feel like BB guns, and I feel like I’m moving underwater. Why is Halo 3 so popular among Halo fans? I keep playing Halo 3, thinking that if I get good enough, I will enjoy Halo 3 as much as 4 and Reach. So far this isn’t the case. I have played the MCC on and off for two years and still can’t get into H3 as much as H4

I would say maybe I just suck at Halo, but I have fun in H2, H2A, H4, and Reach. Halo CE is fun sometimes but other times frustrating. Halo 3 is almost always frustrating. Even BTB in H3 is frustratingly slow. I have the most fun, when I focus on messing around instead of doing good.
I wouldn't say it's cause you suck at it, but it is regarded as one of the best Halos for a reason. It definitely plays different from the others, and you may have been put in matches where the gameplay is slower paced than other matches. Especially BTB. Some matches can seem slow depending on the map, but then other matches can feel like fast paced chaos. I'd say give it a bit more time.
After playing a few more matches since the MCC update, I continue to be irritated with Halo 3. Most games have unbalanced teams, the weapons feel like BB guns, and I feel like I’m moving underwater. Why is Halo 3 so popular among Halo fans?
It's popular because it was the first Halo game for a lot of people. That's pretty much it. Halo 2 and CE are much more enjoyable, even if you're not that great at them. Halo 3 is only good with specific settings and only on either a VERY good connection or LAN.
Halo 3 is epic.
Halo will never be boring to me, ever.
It is the best one. I "think" I played almost 5000 matches in Halo 3 on the 360. It's honestly the best one and my favorite. At the same time I also don't enjoy it as much now as I did on the 360. I could name a list of reasons. Honestly it doesn't play like it did on the 360 to me. Halo 2 plays almost exactly the same and so does the others. Halo 3 just missed the mark. One thing I hope they add is a social exp rank like they had in Halo 3, or a SR rank like in 4. I'm sure as 343 shoots out updates they will do what's best!
kjbart wrote:

I wouldn't say it's cause you suck at it, but it is regarded as one of the best Halos for a reason. It definitely plays different from the others, and you may have been put in matches where the gameplay is slower paced than other matches. Especially BTB. Some matches can seem slow depending on the map, but then other matches can feel like fast paced chaos. I'd say give it a bit more time.
Well I’ve given a couple years. Hopefully one these updates buffs the sound effect and increases accuracy on the BR. I use to love Halo 3 on the X360 but I didn’t have Xbox Live then. Even now, when I play the original H3, I notice my BR is more accurate. On the MCC, I can’t use a BR if my life depended on it. This results in me dying a lot.

I hate Standoff because it’s too big for me to hit anybody with the BR but I get picked off in a few seconds. I loath the H3 Pro playlist because the BR is the only starting weapon. The only H3 playlist that is semi-enjoyable is Team Slayer. Haven’t played it yet since the update(still downloading parts) but it seems the most casual.

I get the moving underwater problem. Halo 3 felt amazing when it launched on the 360 imo. But after playing Doom 2016, Titanfall and even Halo 5, I cannot go back to Halo 3. It feels slow and dated. I would have liked a small increase in bms and field of view slider. I also find the time to kill tedious in Halo these days. I'm beginning to wonder if it's me, perhaps my affair with Halo has come to an end.
It's so slow to play, it really is more telling once you play H2 and H:CE a bunch then play H3 and you really can tell how slow it is.
eviltedi wrote:
I get the moving underwater problem. Halo 3 felt amazing when it launched on the 360 imo. But after playing Doom 2016, Titanfall and even Halo 5, I cannot go back to Halo 3. It feels slow and dated. I would have liked a small increase in bms and field of view slider. I also find the time to kill tedious in Halo these days. I'm beginning to wonder if it's me, perhaps my affair with Halo has come to an end.
I actually like the time to kill in Halo. I’m not a big fan of twitch shooters like CoD. I just can’t get into them as much as Halo. I think that the long ttk adds more strategy to Halo instead of the “I saw you first” reaction in CoD, Battlefield, and virtually every other shooter.
H3 is the most fun to play outside of H2 for me.
eviltedi wrote:
I actually like the time to kill in Halo. I’m not a big fan of twitch shooters like CoD. I just can’t get into them as much as Halo. I think that the long ttk adds more strategy to Halo instead of the “I saw you first” reaction in CoD, Battlefield, and virtually every other shooter.
I respect that you like it, I'm not a CoD player, but it I prefer the pace of Titanfall and Doom compared to older Halo games. Halo 3 is a great game, but like you said, it feels like treading water these days.
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
I respect that you like it, I'm not a CoD player, but it I prefer the pace of Titanfall and Doom compared to older Halo games. Halo 3 is a great game, but like you said, it feels like treading water these days.
Titanfall 2 certainly is a fun game, very fast paced but once you get use to the movement it flows really well, plus the TTK I feel isn't as bad as COD and you can still manage to survive even after taking a few hits. Sorry completely off topic! But getting back to older Halo it's hard adapting to the what I call 'walking on the moon' movement 😂
I still say yes H3 has aged the worse out of all the titles. Sure I loved it back in the day but not so much now. I enjoy playing all the other titles, yes even H4, more so than H3, H4 legendary dominion is still one of the best btb games to date. I just want the other btb playlist already.
You're not fun and kinda boring.

Why do people make opinion based posts that have no positive outcome or reasoning behind it? I'll never know.

Halo 3 is the fan favorite, so regardless of your personal opinion, the vast majority of Halo fans disagree and it shows in playlist population.
Nadesicle wrote:

Why do people make opinion based posts that have no positive outcome or reasoning behind it? I'll never know.

Halo 3 is the fan favorite, so regardless of your personal opinion, the vast majority of Halo fans disagree and it shows in playlist population.
He's not wrong though just because it hurts your feelings is besides the point, H3 is slow. It's a fact
Nadesicle wrote:

Honestly, frustration. After playing many matches of Halo 3, I don’t understand why it is “the fan favorite”. I’m asking why do some many think that it is the best?

Popularity doesn’t mean the best. If the majority like a game because it’s their first video game, Halo game, cool trailers, etc, that doesn’t make it the best.
I suspect because Halo 3 was when the series reached its apex, and so there are naturally going to more Halo 3 players on mcc than players of other titles. Don't get me wrong, Halo 3 is and always will be my favorite Halo game but I can't stand it on mcc because you're right OP, it does play differently on this game. I think it has a lot to do with the BR and how clumsy it is when shooting at anyone beyond 100 feet. Probably other reasons why Halo 3 feels weird on mcc that I haven't mentioned but yeah.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2