Will there ever be halo 3 odst firefight on mcc?
It's a possibility, but not something the team have as a primary focus right now. Once MCC has been fully released for PC there may be scope for them to bring it over, it was mentioned in an article I think somewhere but I can't locate it
Halo Reach Firefight is coming so it’s a high possibility, no confirmation though. Fingers crossed.
I'd honestly like to see it just become one mode with options on playing as your halo reach spartan or the crew from odst on maps from both games, just idea if anyone whos working on the reach firefight wants to suggest even if it technically should happen for lore purpose or maybe let the community vote on it? Thats if it'd be easier on the developers too
If 343 does not port this to the MCC, the only way we can play this is back on the Xbox 360 version (plus the Co-op online experience now on back on ODST is not the best anymore). Keep in mind its not guaranteed forever we will have backwards compatibility on the next gen system even on Xbox Scarlett going forward after to play 360 games on this. I think it would be foolish for 343 not to do this to add all the upgrades they did to ODST on MCC already! And plus the development time would not take a long time since the engine is already for the campaign in the MCC (plus theater mode) so a single mode with 8 maps would take hardly anymore time compared to porting a full game like Reach. With the new armor customization menu coming with the Unreal Engine, it would not take too much more resources to show the voice/head models when changing your character for ODST firefight (however they are already having memory issues with UE4 unfortunately fitting Halo Reach on the Original Xbox One version at the moment so we'll see if adding this would be so overkill then).
It would be cool with the new season system they're bringing in that if there is a ODST season maybe they will bring it in with that. I personally liked ODST firefight more than Reach.
Hope so
People have been asking for this long before they ever announced anything that they're currently bringing to MCC. They really need to bring the ODST firefight over to MCC. It's probably going to happen after everything is finished as far as PC releases, but really should have been before. Just like the custom game browser.
I think it'll definitely be added but it can't be a high priority currently.
I'd love to have ODST Firefight on MCC, at this point the more features the better! While Reach had so many custom options I still prefer the original Firefight in ODST.
I'd love to have ODST Firefight on MCC, at this point the more features the better! While Reach had so many custom options I still prefer the original Firefight in ODST.
I miss the old firefight
Would be fantastic to see ODST Firefight both in the sense of letting PC players check it out but also to further progress MCC towards the ultimate way to play the OG Xbox and Xbox 360 FPS games.
Hopefully, but I doubt it.

Until they officially say it's not happening, I'll stay hopeful for it... I don't believe they've mentioned anything leading towards it being added, which is why I highly doubt it. If it does come, it won't be for a while I'd imagine considering the amount of stuff they have to unpack off their backs...
I think that by adding Halo Reach "Firefight" mode they are trying to put the latter, together with Halo 3: ODST "Firefight" mode, into a unified menu like "Forge" that includes Halo 3 and Halo 4 modes in this same list.

it's just an idea

I'm sorry for the spelling, I'm translating this with a conventional translator.
After Halo Reach is released, people will be begging 343 to add in more than just Halo Reach Firefight since they will probably get sick of just that setting after a while so more content from other games is going to be needed to keep it interesting.

Mods on PC will help keep the collection and community made maps at an interesting level. Also we may see some brand new modded maps for the collection in the far future if people are determined enough to make it happen.

343, we all know its a ton of work right now with adding the collection to PC (11 engines in one collection is crazy and what you are doing here is amazing), but its a pretty sure guarantee that the sales of the MCC (and all of the development work being done) will pay off big time with the collection being the No.2 most requested wished product to come on steam (that is not something to take for granted at all!). So many people have wanted the MCC (and proper Halo FPS games) on PC forever to preserve these titles into the far future for years if not decades to come. I hope eventually all of the Halo games will keep compatibility with future Windows OSs (if there is going to be more OS versions in the future) and having all past legacy content (with ODST firefight) in the collection is paramount for preservation purposes. You might want to also think about the possibility of proper ports to Macintosh as well (Halo CE on PC was on Mac as well!) to have it on as many platforms as possible in the computer environment, even other store clients like GOG wouldn't be a bad idea (although Microsoft would probably have to pay alot of money to Apple for that). Leaving it just on console, you setting yourself up towards a dead end in which more work once again would have to be done to port it to the next gen console since otherwise it will be stranded on the last generation forever, otherwise the game will become lost to time (Halo Reach was about to be before March of 2019 this year!) like so many other less profile games out there in which no port gets done and the game is stranded on that console or system forever.
After Halo Reach is released, people will be begging 343 to add in more than just Halo Reach Firefight since they will probably get sick of just that setting after a while so more content from other games is going to be needed to keep it interesting.

Mods on PC will help keep the collection and community made maps at an interesting level. Also we may see some brand new modded maps for the collection in the far future if people are determined enough to make it happen.

343, we all know its a ton of work right now with adding the collection to PC (11 engines in one collection is crazy and what you are doing here is amazing), but its a pretty sure guarantee that the sales of the MCC (and all of the development work being done) will pay off big time with the collection being the No.2 most requested wished product to come on steam (that is not something to take for granted at all!). So many people have wanted the MCC (and proper Halo FPS games) on PC forever to preserve these titles into the far future for years if not decades to come. I hope eventually all of the Halo games will keep compatibility with future Windows OSs (if there is going to be more OS versions in the future) and having all past legacy content (with ODST firefight) in the collection is paramount for preservation purposes. You might want to also think about the possibility of proper ports to Macintosh as well (Halo CE on PC was on Mac as well!) to have it on as many platforms as possible in the computer environment, even other store clients like GOG wouldn't be a bad idea (although Microsoft would probably have to pay alot of money to Apple for that). Leaving it just on console, you setting yourself up towards a dead end in which more work once again would have to be done to port it to the next gen console since otherwise it will be stranded on the last generation forever, otherwise the game will become lost to time (Halo Reach was about to be before March of 2019 this year!) like so many other less profile games out there in which no port gets done and the game is stranded on that console or system forever.
I'm just hoping 343 dosen't forget about console players or treats them like 2nd class citizens. I know they said they wouldn't but with all the hype and money that will come from pc halo mcc they might just forget about consoles.

I'm just hoping 343 dosen't forget about console players or treats them like 2nd class citizens. I know they said they wouldn't but with all the hype and money that will come from pc halo mcc they might just forget about consoles.
They're definitely not going to ignore consoles now, I definitely believe they are treating them equally to PC.
Most likely everyone has been begging for it for a long time now and with Reach coming and what StckrBoy said.
ODST firefight will likely not happen in my opinion. It seems Reach is the big focus right now, and Reach's firefight will already likely be a massive undertaking on it's own.