Since 343 is aware of this bug that causes foliage to pop in instead of fading in as it normally should, do any of you know if this will be fixed sooner rather than later? I’m wanting to hold off on playing Halo 4 until this issue is fixed because I find things like this distracting during a story that I’m immersed in.
Is it a bug? I feel like pop in with Halo 4 is a remnant of its design for 360. At least i just assumed that anyway. I didn't really notice it too much in the campaign, i notice it more in certain MP maps (texture pop in on Vortex).
rL NoOdLE wrote:
Is it a bug? I feel like pop in with Halo 4 is a remnant of its design for 360. At least i just assumed that anyway. I didn't really notice it too much in the campaign, i notice it more in certain MP maps (texture pop in on Vortex).
Pop in has always been a part of the Halo 4 engine but it used to fade in more gracefully instead of just appearing from the ether. The patch notes do remark on this bug and it’s known as an issue.
I reported this multiple times during the MCC insider preview.

They reported something similar in the "known issues" section of the big update changelog, but it specifically was talking about campaign. But yeah it happens in H4 multiplayer, big time. When things pop in suddenly, it may seem like a minor graphical annoyance, but it's actually detrimental because it can cause your brain to think there is an enemy player somewhere and distract you.

Here's to hoping 343i fixes soon!