1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
The only thing I hate more right now is that my long soap box standing got deleted because mobile version. *sigh*
I spent half an hour writing it. Here is a summary:
Halo 4 is a good game
Had flaws (ex. Spartan Ops, Loadouts)
However, great campaign
Great graphics
Great storytelling
Memerable experiences
Fun multiplayer when played with loadouts off

Counterarguments:
Halo 4 pop.
Halo 4 does not just host kids. It hosts a population filled with unique individuals. Yes Halo 4s pop on 360 is not the best, but you can tell that the population consists of real fans of Halo 4.
Nobody likes Halo 4
False. Look at Halo 4s pop. These people like the game and continue to play it. And Halo 4 is almost always voted for in BTB ( with the exception of awesome H2a, H2c, and H3 maps).
You are just a kid and a Halo 4 fanboy
Yep. I'm 15. However, I am a Halo fanboy. Halo 2 introduced me to Halo and FPSs. Halo 3 and Reach strengthened the bond between my brother and me. Wars was tons of fun. 3: ODST was unique and I liked it. Halo CE has one if my favorite multiplayers. Halo 4 holds many memories and is my personal favorite.
If you want to debate more, I'll try to do so in the comments.

Halo 4 in the MCC
There are reasons we aren't going back to the 360 version. Play a game in 60fps and you'll never want to go back. 1080p does make a difference (take it from a Halo 4 veteran). Many of us don't own a 360 anymore. If you wanna play Halo 4, then just go back to the 360. Okay. Then play Halo 3 on the 360. Its multiplayer works. And it's less buggy. I'll also go play Halo: CE on Steam now. That works too. See, MCC is a collection of the main series Halo games for the convenience of playing all 4 games on one disc on the same console. Halo 4 included. I personally bought the game to play everything, mainly CE, 2 and 4. And after playing Halo 4 in 60 frames, its like everything is different. I remember when I hopped onto Reach after playing tons of MCC and I couldn't readjust to the 30 fps.
Halo 4 is a game and every game has fans. All I am asking, on behalf of my fellow Halo 4 fans, is to hate on the game without having hard evidence. I used to think that the Halo community was mature, but after scrolling througg the forms,I found that I was wrong. Please try to agrgue your position in a polite and mature way. You earn more respect.
So is this regarding how people express their opinions about Halo 4?
Or about how the game works?

I can't really tell OP.

However i can respond to the ''Mature community'' thing. Halo's community USED to be more mature, but most of those people left some time ago.
It's mostly younger generations now, where most of them when complaining- All have played since Combat Evolved launch with their brother/father, strangely enough.

On a note: i rarely see any hate towards Halo 4 anymore. If anything, the most i have seen about H4 lately, is a guy asking for it to have its own seperate BTB playlist.
KenniTDG wrote:

On a note: i rarely see any hate towards Halo 4 anymore. If anything, the most i have seen about H4 lately, is a guy asking for it to have its own seperate BTB playlist.

I think it is just because people got sick of repeating on why Halo 4 was a bad game, as it just gets tiring.
The information is there, has been beaten to death, and it was a bad game.
It lost most of the Halo fans (myself included), and the population figures for the game speak for themselves.

So, it isn't because people suddenly like Halo 4, just that people are sick of beating a dead horse.
Also not saying that there aren't people who do like the game, but the majority of Halo fans did not. The game was trying to appeal to the people who play CoD or Battlefield and broke away from the Halo formula (which is not good in a serialized game), and was no longer Halo at its core in terms of gameplay.
Halo has qualities. The graphical presentation is fantastic. Art style could be argued but only in MP.

I actually had my non COD playing gf play through the Halo games in chronological order with me. Halo 4's story left her thoroughly unimpressed compared to Reach and the trilogy.

She likes sprinting and ARs

I like Dual wielding and Precision weapons.

The community has changed, but whether the younger players grew up and changed the series or if Halo 4 really did bring in a different mindset of players is up in the air.

Fact is the original majority of Halo players are gone and the hate you see is from the people who belonged to it.

BTB Halo 4 is popular but BTB was always popular with the easy going players. If 343i are doing what I think they are then what we have is more social players than competitive and in Halo 5 you'll see the two groups have their own playlists again.

competitive 4v4 (beta focus)

social 8v8 (or more, with loadouts and all that jazz)

just a hunch. Could be wrong.
H4 Campaign isn't that great looking back on it

I completed H1-H3 on legendary solo within two weeks of MCC coming out but I just really cant get into the H4 campaign, it doesnt compare to the others.
I paid $60 to play Halo CE, 2, 3 and 4, not just one of them or the ones that some parts of the community approves, each it's an excellent game.
Most of the long time fans and competitive players moved on from Halo. There is only so much one can take before it's just a losing proposition and an exercise in frustration. H4 was that breaking point for many people. I routinely, during the first year of H4's lifespan, voiced my displeasure with the direction 343i took Halo 4. Over time it became a situation where I was just beating my head against a wall; So I left Halo.

With the MCC I replayed every campaign from CEA to 4. The difference in quality, storytelling, and immersion from CE-3 to H4 is shocking. When I started playing H4 again I was repeatedly thinking "This is wrong. Something is really off. Way off." Then, after playing for awhile it hit me, H4 reminded me of really, really bad fan fiction.
if halo 4 is a bad game, I had fun playing a bad game

it had flaws, but I can name a flaw in every game I play.
Halo 4 is a solid game, let there be no doubt. But its the game that deserves the least attention, and the reasoning is simple.

It's been seven years at the very least since release of any of the other titles in the collection. All three other games are either not running, or not running on very good servers, because nobody really cares about a seven year old game anymore. Just play CoD4 and find out how glitchy and hacked that is.

As small as H4's population may be, it's still way more than the population for Halo 4 on the XB1, being that Halo 4 is only in one playlist, and that's BTB and that's if it gets voted. If you really wanted to play H4 multiplayer, selling your 360 was foolish.

Which leads me to the next topic. Why'd you sell your 360? When you're older (like me, 23), you'll want to have held onto it. I kicked myself hard when I sold my original Xbox to get the 360, so much that I found the guy who I sold it to and bought it back. I have over 50 games for my 360, and over 75 for my original Xbox. I still play them too.

You're right in saying that Halo 4 runs better on the XB1. Halo 2 also runs better on the XB1, but what makes a game great isn't how it looks or how it's run. It's the tightness of the gameplay, at least in regards to multiplayer. If original Xbox servers were still up, I'd want to play Halo 2 to this day on it, simply because it was the best game as far as competitiveness and completeness. Especially if there was a guarantee of playing Halo 2 on it, as opposed to the MCC, where chances of H4 are currently slim.

I think Halo 4 does deserve its own playlist. But not now, with all the other issues that plague the MCC. 343 has way way bigger fish to fry first.
What I disliked about Halo 4 was the lack of a competitive scene. It's also the same issue I had with Reach. If just didn't appeal to my friends and I because it started feeling more like CoD and less like Halo. I feel Halo 2 anniversary is a step in the right direction for 343i, but based on what we saw for Halo 5 it'll be going back down the path of what made Halo 4 so noncompetitive. Don't get me wrong. I still played Halo Reach and Halo 4, but not even both of those games combined play time could equal up to how much time I put into Halo 3 online and Halo 2 LAN.

As small as H4's population may be, it's still way more than the population for Halo 4 on the XB1, being that Halo 4 is only in one playlist, and that's BTB and that's if it gets voted. If you really wanted to play H4 multiplayer, selling your 360 was foolish.

Which leads me to the next topic. Why'd you sell your 360? When you're older (like me, 23), you'll want to have held onto it. I kicked myself hard when I sold my original Xbox to get the 360, so much that I found the guy who I sold it to and bought it back. I have over 50 games for my 360, and over 75 for my original Xbox. I still play them too.
Some could probably only afford to buy the one with a trade-in of a 360. For me it was the fact that I knew I wouldn't go back to it. I have no attachment to old technology so it was pointless to go back.

The argument that anyone should go back to Halo 4 because it's on the 360 is a dumb one. Mainly because it's not fun going back to 30FPS game when you just played the 60FPS version and saw how much of a difference it it. Now don't get me wrong. I definitely agree that 343i need to focus on the older games due to there age and how new Halo 4 is, but at the same time we shouldn't and 343i definitely shouldn't be telling there customers to go back to playing it on the 360. That's just not a good business model.
I'm 32 and Halo: CE came out when I was in college. I played the campaign and loved it, and enjoyed some LAN parties at the dorm (but was never addicted to it). Halo 2 came out and I also bought it for the campaign. I didn't have Internet, so I could only play online at a friend's house. I sucked horribly at the game, but still loved it (I managed to play online when I got a 360, but still sucked at H2). Halo 3 came out and I was finally addicted to the series. I remember replaying all of the campaign missions in a row from 1-3, playing countless hours of multiplayer, and playing huge custom games with friends because a ton of people were always online playing. Even when I couldn't afford Internet and Live, I would go over to friend's house and play H3 online as a guest. I probably have more mp games as a guest than I do on my own profile.

So I have a long history with Halo, and I also love Halo 4. Yes the loadouts and abilities weren't the best additions, but the graphics, campaign, weapons, and fluidity of gameplay are really good. It's annoying when people say everyone who enjoys Halo 4 is a kid who just never played Halo before. No, I'm a Halo fan, and they are all great games with strengths and some weaknesses. Halo 4 still feels like a Halo game. I've tried CoD and hate it, and Halo 4 feels nothing like it.

Some could probably only afford to buy the one with a trade-in of a 360. For me it was the fact that I knew I wouldn't go back to it. I have no attachment to old technology so it was pointless to go back.

The argument that anyone should go back to Halo 4 because it's on the 360 is a dumb one. Mainly because it's not fun going back to 30FPS game when you just played the 60FPS version and saw how much of a difference it it. Now don't get me wrong. I definitely agree that 343i need to focus on the older games due to there age and how new Halo 4 is, but at the same time we shouldn't and 343i definitely shouldn't be telling there customers to go back to playing it on the 360. That's just not a good business model.
Maybe I'm just Scrooge McDuck swimming in gold coins, but the $100 you'd get for the trade in/selling of a 360 seemed like pennies on the dollar. Perhaps it's just because I don't believe in playing a game and dumping it (unless it's awful), but the $100 difference I could easily make up in 4 hours of work.

I don't see how it's a dumb argument, I played 30 fps games (Halo 3) at the same time I played 60 fps games (CoD). I enjoyed them both equally, because it wasn't about how the games ran or how fast they were or how they looked. It was about how much fun I had, and how good the gameplay was.

Also, 343i isn't telling anyone to go back to the 360. That'd just be us that would prefer to play the three older games that don't have very well supported or active servers, rather than the 2 year old game.
xFloody wrote:
H4 Campaign isn't that great looking back on it

I completed H1-H3 on legendary solo within two weeks of MCC coming out but I just really cant get into the H4 campaign, it doesnt compare to the others.
This is exactly how i feel now. completed h1-h3 on legendary and it seems like a chore for halo 4. I do not like that game at all. Playing campaign again I feel like chief talks way to much and cortana is so whiny. but hey that's just my opinion.
My only problems with H4 were the 'Comparable' weapons in the sandbox, the human weapons available for loadouts were always the most effective, except pistols, so we never saw 2/3 of the sandbox because it was too big. My other problem was vehicles almost none of the maps were suited to them, there was always a path to drive on, but always too close to where the enemy would be and plasma pistol secondary became a default on most loadouts.

things people often say was bad about H4 usually revolve around 'competitive' play and how MM didn't cater for it, because it was so random... Yet not knowing what if any equipment someone has in H3 is random, magical rocket launcher fitting pockets in H2 and CE feel random, but those are acceptable..?

I enjoyed H4 BECAUSE it was random, if I can beat someone because I had the better tools chosen for the fight, that's a skill, its called experience. If I beat someone with the same tools then it's luck and a fair fight, if I beat someone with what should have been worse tools then it is also skill, I outplayed them and their advantage. If I get beat by someone with better tools I will learn from it, if I loose to someone with worse tools then I have more practice to do as I got outplayed.

so is it hard to be good in a fair fight, yes it can be. But its harder to be good on the loosing side of an unfair fight. And if you really wanted a Competitive game type, customs
God, it took longer to find a match of btb than it did to type that last post on my phone
Lil D0ZA wrote:
{snip}
Your pro arguments are rather vague and unconvincing.
-Many would dispute the claim that it had a great campaign, storytelling, and/or was memorable in any way. I for one didn't really like the campaign and only played it a few times.
-The multiplayer was enjoyable on occasion, but was frustrating more often than not, due in large part to the random aspects.

Your con's misrepresent the majority of negative feedback that this game received. These were not the biggest, or most significant issues that people talked about.
-The online population was used as evidence that 343i was not giving people what the were asking for with the game.
-Loadouts were not the only thing people didn't like. There was also personal ordnance, random ordnance, weapon waypoints on the maps, class mods, armor mods, cardboard vehicles, 12 second despawning weapons, join in progress, homogenization of loadout weapons (necessary because of loadouts), no skill rank, and a number of other things that I can't think of right now.
-343i significantly altered the core of Halo's gameplay mechanics, seemingly for no other reason than "change for the sake of change."

The MCC may bring all 4 games together in one unified package, so that people don't have to play each game on several platforms, but that's only significant if the game actually works. For many players, there are still numerous things that are broken, both in multiplayer and campaign. Added to this are the things that seem to have been left out from the originals (i.e. armor customization, playlists).

Despite what you may think, people did not dislike Halo 4 for no reason. The community has been documenting all the things that are wrong with the game for two years. All you need to do is look back through the forums for your hard evidence.
I have enjoyed some of the MCC version of Halo 4 within BTB. But, the games I had were really toned down and "classified". Like, no armor abilities, only a few load-outs, and no weapon drops.
I like Halo 4.
It streched the Xbox 360 to the limits, but that came with a price; the campaign is the smallest of all Halo games. Hope Halo 5 fix that, since we have a new hardware and midia now.
I liked Spartan Ops. Too me, its a wonderfull idea. Its a game apart mixed with firefight, and a good story. Looking forward to play Spartan Ops in HMCC.
I even like the competitive multiplayer. Even if we use loadouts.
Beyond the graphics, Halo 4 really shines in its story. Its a short one, but I simply love it. And I really can't wait to see whats going to happen in Halo 5 (im just a little worried with those "Power Spartan Rangers")
My only problems with H4 were the 'Comparable' weapons in the sandbox, the human weapons available for loadouts were always the most effective, except pistols, so we never saw 2/3 of the sandbox because it was too big. My other problem was vehicles almost none of the maps were suited to them, there was always a path to drive on, but always too close to where the enemy would be and plasma pistol secondary became a default on most loadouts.

things people often say was bad about H4 usually revolve around 'competitive' play and how MM didn't cater for it, because it was so random... Yet not knowing what if any equipment someone has in H3 is random, magical rocket launcher fitting pockets in H2 and CE feel random, but those are acceptable..?

I enjoyed H4 BECAUSE it was random, if I can beat someone because I had the better tools chosen for the fight, that's a skill, its called experience. If I beat someone with the same tools then it's luck and a fair fight, if I beat someone with what should have been worse tools then it is also skill, I outplayed them and their advantage. If I get beat by someone with better tools I will learn from it, if I loose to someone with worse tools then I have more practice to do as I got outplayed.

so is it hard to be good in a fair fight, yes it can be. But its harder to be good on the loosing side of an unfair fight. And if you really wanted a Competitive game type, customs
My god you are unbelievably clueless and staight up slow if you cant work out why your points are beyond fail
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3