Is it true that Halo 4 multiplayer will be regulated to only BTB once the MCC update drops?

I understand that Halo 4 isn’t the most popular, but as someone who just recently bought MCC and mainly plays Halo 4, I feel like I’m losing content. BTB isn’t my favorite, vehicle usage is kind of cheap to me. As of right now I have access to a rotating playlist that usually lands on my preferred mode, regular team slayer.

Team Slayer is the standard game type and I just feel like every game should have at the MINIMUM team slayer as a possible game type.

Now obviously I know such a big game is not going to cater only to me lol, but just curious what the rest of the community feels about this (other than just “Halo 4 sucks”)

Should the update keep the existing Halo 4 ranked rotating playlist that people are currently playing or switch to having the only Halo 4 content be BTB?
eh its true h4 does suck nobody wants to play it the whole purpose of having mcc is to play the og halos i guess if you want to play h4 play the back compat version
I like halo 4 even though it's not my favorite. I also think every game should have slayer.
Darkzero45 wrote:
eh its true h4 does suck nobody wants to play it the whole purpose of having mcc is to play the og halos i guess if you want to play h4 play the back compat version
Yeah not even remotely true. YOU may not like it but you don't speak for everyone, as is evidenced by the OP.
halo 4 will be featured in its own team arena playlist, action sack, team slayer, and btb when the update lands.
source from postums himself
All I know is that I won't be downloading any part of Halo 4, campaign or multiplayer, once the update hits.
halo 4 will be featured in its own team arena playlist, action sack, team slayer, and btb when the update lands.
source from postums himself
This information is outdated. This was the playlist selection from before the forum poll that took place. From development update 5 we see that Halo 4 does not get a dedicated playlist in the final update (see quote at bottom of post). Even though I play Halo 2 mainly in MCC I play Halo 4 fairly frequently as well so I was really disappointed to see it not get a playlist. I don't think it's a population thing because I have no problem playing Halo 4 games in current MCC so I know there is some population left. Guess that the majority of the people who spoke up in the poll were the ones who don't care about Halo 4. Oh well. One can dream that maybe someday Halo 4 will get its own playlist again.
Quote:
Here is our final list of the Matchmaking Playlists that will be included in the MCC retail update:Core Playlists
  • H1 Team Doubles
  • H2C Team Arena
  • H2C Team Hardcore
  • H2A Team Arena
  • H3 Team Arena
  • H3 Team Hardcore
  • H3 Team Doubles
Social Playlists
  • Quickplay Slayer - Slayer offerings across all four titles)
  • Crossplay BTB – Collection of BTB offerings on H1, H2C, H2A, and Halo 4
  • H3 Big Team Battle
  • H1 Team Arena
  • Action Sack / Infection*
  • Free-for-All (Halo 3 to begin)*
@MasterOfWar6615

interesting as he just posted that in another forum a couple days ago. But maybe the July update blog will hold true. I guess we will find out in a couple days.
Halo 4 is one of my favorite Halo's OP so you are not alone. In the original H4, BTB is my favorite playlist hands down but understand there should be team slayer in MCC for those that prefer that gametype. I'll be curious how H4 BTB plays in MCC compared to the original.
@MasterOfWar6615

interesting as he just posted that in another forum a couple days ago. But maybe the July update blog will hold true. I guess we will find out in a couple days.
My bad you were right. They did add a Halo 4 playlist in the final update with more on the way. I'm really glad they did
I am thoroughly pleased to see that Halo 3 will get its own big team battle playlist. The Halo 3 elites can have their fun, and the rest of us can play something other than Halo 3 in a big team battle setting (Like Halo 4, though not limited to). Everyone wins. I'm looking forward to it.
Looks like H4 got it's own playlist!
Yea every game should have a minimum of TS and Team Arena.
Trespa5s wrote:
I agree, but that puts out a lot of playlists, considering people want some other additional ones as well.
Maybe if the population soars and stays high for a long while it'll happen.

I think Arena includes a mix of objective and slayer - best we're gonna get.
I'm pretty happy with it TBH, as there are sooooo many conflicting desires, viewpoints, and plain old constraints.

If you want to play them separately I think the best best is to play the 360 version.
AshamanND wrote:
Trespa5s wrote:
I agree, but that puts out a lot of playlists, considering people want some other additional ones as well.
Maybe if the population soars and stays high for a long while it'll happen.

I think Arena includes a mix of objective and slayer - best we're gonna get.
I'm pretty happy with it TBH, as there are sooooo many conflicting desires, viewpoints, and plain old constraints.

If you want to play them separately I think the best best is to play the 360 version.
Yea as long as there is Team Arena that's really the big thing. There needs to be the ability to play multiple game modes per game so that fits that well.
BigGas69 wrote:
Is it true that Halo 4 multiplayer will be regulated to only BTB once the MCC update drops?

I understand that Halo 4 isn’t the most popular, but as someone who just recently bought MCC and mainly plays Halo 4, I feel like I’m losing content. BTB isn’t my favorite, vehicle usage is kind of cheap to me. As of right now I have access to a rotating playlist that usually lands on my preferred mode, regular team slayer.

Team Slayer is the standard game type and I just feel like every game should have at the MINIMUM team slayer as a possible game type.

Now obviously I know such a big game is not going to cater only to me lol, but just curious what the rest of the community feels about this (other than just “Halo 4 sucks”)

Should the update keep the existing Halo 4 ranked rotating playlist that people are currently playing or switch to having the only Halo 4 content be BTB?
There is a halo4 playlist it's just not ranked
Where is the BTB,action sack,infection etc. all I could play was team slayer like I want to rotate where are the social playlist
Darkzero45 wrote:
Yeah not even remotely true. YOU may not like it but you don't speak for everyone, as is evidenced by the OP.
"which should result in better matchmaking experiences in that playlist compared to Halo 4 Team Arena, which is generally sees a smaller niche player base." This comes straight from the update. Even 343 acknowledges that Halo 4 is not as popular as the other Halos in the MCC, so yes, there is some truth to what he said. Also, capitalizing words randomly doesn't make your point any stronger.