Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Halo 4 Squad Battle is really frustrating

OP Geth Pathfinder

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I just started to grind for those weapons skins. A bit optimistic for me since I’ve never reached rank 20 in any playlist but I figured I would try for the DMR skin at least. The first couple of days were actually pretty fun but now it’s impossible. I’m only at rank 8 and I’m already seeing 20s and 30s on the opposing teams! This is ridiculous. I would rather wait longer or never find a match than play games where my team goes 35/75. On top of this, my teammates frequently betray and/or suicide. I played many games this morning only to win 1. This game managed to put me in a bad mood. I can already tell we’ll do bad at the beginning of the match but I can’t quit because I don’t want to lose a rank. I guess I should just never play the competitive modes again.
I made it to solo 13 and started trying to find teammates. Due to the higher team count I think it’s more imperative to communicate and work with your teammates.
I found it easier than Recon so far, but I'm only an 11.
Take it from someone who already poured way too much time into this....not worth it and not by a long shot. The mismatched teams and True Skill system make this more of a headache than it's worth.

The requirements for these skins should be much lower than what they are. I mean they're skins for christ's sake. Grinding dozens of hours for a single skin for reaching Rank 25 is just needlessly excessive. I'd say your time is spent doing, well, anything else in the game.

If we're lucky, they'll bring these back at some point down the road.
I made it to solo 13 and started trying to find teammates. Due to the higher team count I think it’s more imperative to communicate and work with your teammates.
I've matched you a few times in Squad Battles, funny enough. Are you still in need of finding players? Been grinding it and got to 17, but the party I was with is a tad inconsistent in playtime. Would love to both help, and actually have a chance at success past 17, lol. If not, is cool.
I've matched you a few times in Squad Battles, funny enough. Are you still in need of finding players? Been grinding it and got to 17, but the party I was with is a tad inconsistent in playtime. Would love to both help, and actually have a chance at success past 17, lol. If not, is cool.
For sure! Add me, I’m always online looking for more squad mates. Some of the people I found too are a bit inconsistent.
Time gating these skins was an insanely dumb idea from 343.

If you are not having fun, break the cycle and stop caring about these skins. Maybe take a step back and play something else.

Chances are that you don't care for that one DMR skin once Infinite is the shiny new thing.

I don't think that they will keep updating MCC with content since there is no incentive after Infinite comes out. They have shown absolutely no confidence in managing 2 titles at the same time and with F2P why should they add content for free in MCC?

I'm guessing we will see some more of the already available copy paste skins and little new/old stuff. Bunch of useless nameplates and longer seasons.
After Infinite maybe 1-2 seasons more.

Funny idea: Infinite tanks super hard and will be shut down after a year or so. Then we could see monetisation in MCC popping up.

If you are not having fun, break the cycle and stop caring about these skins. Maybe take a step back and play something else.

Chances are that you don't care for that one DMR skin once Infinite is the shiny new thing.

I don't think that they will keep updating MCC with content since there is no incentive after Infinite comes out. They have shown absolutely no confidence in managing 2 titles at the same time and with F2P why should they add content for free in MCC?

I'm guessing we will see some more of the already available copy paste skins and little new/old stuff. Bunch of useless nameplates and longer seasons.

Funny idea: Infinite tanks super hard and will be shut down after a year or so. Then we could see monetisation in MCC popping up.
I probably will give up on the idea of the BR skin. Honestly I just have a little OCD and want to unlock everything. Though I did give up on the idea of getting the Avalanche skin in Recon slayer since I’m the worst at H3. I would like to get the DMR skin though. Just got to make it to rank 15. I was pretty frustrated when I made this post. I would say that I will still care about the MCC after Infinite’s release considering I was still into Halo 4 (and Reach) after 5’s release. I’m actually trying to recreate my OG H4 Spartan. Too bad DLC armor still hadn’t returned.
I agree with B84 W65 H88, making the skin unlockable in a small amount of time was not a good idea. Without a full team, it is just pure luck. I tried for the Avalanche Sniper Skin, and was stuck in rank 17 because of loading in to a team with only three players, afk teammates, loading into games with teammates that were low rankers, teammates leaving immediately, or having people on my team who go -11 and below K/D ratios. You have to be carrying HARD every single game to win with these odds. I'll play a little bit of Halo 4 Squad battle, but I am not going for rank 25.

I probably will give up on the idea of the BR skin. Honestly I just have a little OCD and want to unlock everything. Though I did give up on the idea of getting the Avalanche skin in Recon slayer since I’m the worst at H3. I would like to get the DMR skin though. Just got to make it to rank 15. I was pretty frustrated when I made this post. I would say that I will still care about the MCC after Infinite’s release considering I was still into Halo 4 (and Reach) after 5’s release. I’m actually trying to recreate my OG H4 Spartan. Too bad DLC armor still hadn’t returned.
I can totally understand and relate to you. Not caring is difficult sometimes, especially when you love the Halo universe.
For sure! Add me, I’m always online looking for more squad mates. Some of the people I found too are a bit inconsistent.
Same, basically looking for a squad to just grind out the final skin. And am always online, too. Whenever you're for it, just send an invite or message, anytime.
Not only is it irritating having teammates with an IQ of a goldfish but its irritating that its near impossible finding a game in the halo 4 playlist, i have no interest in going for rank 25 but in 13 and want the blood dmr skin, they need to change this challenge either to way lower ranks or to just something else entirely, and give a nameplate or something to the people that got to rank 25, congrats to the people that got to 25 but i don’t have a reliable team thats as good as halo as i am and its irritating cuz my only option is the group finder thing on xbox, if it was a ffa playlist that is actually based on skill not luck i could easily make it to 25 no problem, but since its not about skill but who can get lucky with getting good teammates or knowing people that play halo, it makes it almost near impossible for me
I just started to grind for those weapons skins. A bit optimistic for me since I’ve never reached rank 20 in any playlist but I figured I would try for the DMR skin at least. The first couple of days were actually pretty fun but now it’s impossible. I’m only at rank 8 and I’m already seeing 20s and 30s on the opposing teams! This is ridiculous. I would rather wait longer or never find a match than play games where my team goes 35/75. On top of this, my teammates frequently betray and/or suicide. I played many games this morning only to win 1. This game managed to put me in a bad mood. I can already tell we’ll do bad at the beginning of the match but I can’t quit because I don’t want to lose a rank. I guess I should just never play the competitive modes again.
Having the same general experience, sad to say, except I keep getting teammates who either don't care about the objectives or leave. That and now I can't get any matches for some reason, which is really frustrating
Make contents skill walled for a collection of old games is such a bad idea. I'm here for a COLLECTION, not for the stress of missing something! Do this kind of skill walls in a new game sure, but not in a COLLECTION.

I feel that OCD SO MUCH, although after getting the recon slayer skin, I ain't gonna bother much with squad battle, I've had some fun playing it, but I don't wanna bother putting in time just for an unlockable, and to be fair, ya don't have to go for it, it's nice to give the ranked community something.
Same, basically looking for a squad to just grind out the final skin. And am always online, too. Whenever you're for it, just send an invite or message, anytime.
Hey guys I've made it to rank 15 and could deffinatly use some teammates, any room on the squad? Haha
Hey guys I've made it to rank 15 and could deffinatly use some teammates, any room on the squad? Haha
I generally run with Carnage, so I'd message him. Same GT as here. We've both reached 25, but I don't think they'd mind assisting.
I finally reached rank 15 for the DMR skin. Had a miserable time leveling up past 13. Good luck to anyone trying to go for the BR skin. The funny thing is that I actually like “Squad Battle” for Halo 4. It has a good number of players, games modes, and balances the loadouts well. My issue with it is the broken ranking system. Every game I played was incredibly lopsided with the same sweaty players.
Not gonna get too far up without a party. I've given up since I'm just yo-yoing between the same two ranks.
I am a solo gamer and manged to get to rank 16. The best advice is since the over all population is low when you start playing if you get a bad team just play out the game. After the game ends play another playlist for a game or two and then try the list again. Sooner or later you should drop in with good teammates. When you get good teammates just stay in the lobby and let it search. That is what I did. You have to be real patient when it comes to ranked. I think some seem think they will rank up in a day or something. It will take easily a week or two to rank up to 15 depending on how much you can play. I find that was a good strategy if you don't want to try and find regular teammates.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2