Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Halo 5 cutscene at the start of Halo 2

OP Speshelby

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Remove it because it’s just confusing for new players and I had to explain why it’s there to a friend new to halo.
Speshelby wrote:
Remove it because it’s just confusing for new players and I had to explain why it’s there to a friend new to halo.
You could also just press the skip button...
my bud who never played mcc was extremely confused and thought that Osiris was in h2
They will probably put it in the extras bit or h5 if that gets added to MCC
343 has officially confirmed that Halo 5 will never come to MCC
It doesn't need to be removed. I mean, it's just one cutscene that can easily be skipped. And new players can just do a quick Google search which would no doubt explain everything about the cutscene. Halo 5: Guardians has been out for 5 years now. Even if you have never played the game, you would have heard about Fireteam Osiris one way or another.
One more reason why Halo 5 needs to come to PC, not on MCC since that got confirmed yesterday in the community blog.
They didn't say that
It doesn't need to be removed. I mean, it's just one cutscene that can easily be skipped. And new players can just do a quick Google search which would no doubt explain everything about the cutscene. Halo 5: Guardians has been out for 5 years now. Even if you have never played the game, you would have heard about Fireteam Osiris one way or another.
But why would a new player with no knowledge of Halo skip the cutscenes if they want the story? And lets be honest, the average person isn't going to google something about the game, they'll finish it and move onto the next one. I do think the cutscenes should be removed from Halo 2, as they have absolutely no point in being there, even with Halo 5 existing. They can stay in the game(MCC), but why stay in a game(Halo 2) where they have absolutely zero relevance? I also have to disagree with your last point as well. If they're new to the series they probably know nothing, maybe they were a Playstation or a pc player and never got a chance to play the games. It's like saying I should know something big about Uncharted because it's so popular despite me never looking at the game or playing it before.
Speshelby wrote:
I've been talking about removing it since Halo 5 launched. It was there before Halo 5 as a teaser, yet the story we got in Halo 5 is different than what was teased and the cut scene doesn't even make sense now considering how Halo 5 played out.

I've watched people playing the Halo series for the first time (well the old halos) and every one was confused because it makes no sense for it to be there. Their live chat feed though had to clear it up for them. It's absolutely stupid to have it their and makes zero logical sense. 343 will probably never remove it though, you're not the first to bring this up and every time someone does it gets shutdown.

If they absolutely have to keep it, move it into the Extras menu like where you can find Nightfall series and whatnot. Lol it bothers me than it should that they crammed in that Halo 5 trailer at the start of Halo 2. Is it there on the PC port? If so that makes even less sense cause Halo 5 isn't on PC
I hope it gets removed as well. It doesn't make sense given how H5 actually plays out and causes confusion for anyone who doesn't know much about H2's story and watches the cutscenes. It could be moved over to the same section in MCC which contains the "A Day at the Beach" cutscene. That way it's still available for those who want to watch it, but the cutscene is not attached to H2A itself.
But why would a new player with no knowledge of Halo skip the cutscenes if they want the story? And lets be honest, the average person isn't going to google something about the game, they'll finish it and move onto the next one. I do think the cutscenes should be removed from Halo 2, as they have absolutely no point in being there, even with Halo 5 existing. They can stay in the game(MCC), but why stay in a game(Halo 2) where they have absolutely zero relevance? I also have to disagree with your last point as well. If they're new to the series they probably know nothing, maybe they were a Playstation or a pc player and never got a chance to play the games. It's like saying I should know something big about Uncharted because it's so popular despite me never looking at the game or playing it before.
Perhaps I have become too used to doing it myself that I just assumed everyone could and would.
Interesting, when did the official confirmation come through?

I always figured it would be precluded. I seem to enjoy it's MP suite much more than most other long term fans, so I think that's a shame.

I always figured it would be precluded. I seem to enjoy it's MP suite much more than most other long term fans, so I think that's a shame.
Like yesterday. Check the News section of this website. It's in the one about Halo 4 flights and the new Infinite MP Armor Coating
They didn't say that
They basically did yesterday

Like yesterday. Check the News section of this website. It's in the one about Halo 4 flights and the new Infinite MP Armor Coating
Where abouts in the article? I looked at that and the only bit I saw was the notice about it being Halo 5: Guardians 5 year anniversary, the free REQ pack, and double EXP.

Where abouts in the article? I looked at that and the only bit I saw was the notice about it being Halo 5: Guardians 5 year anniversary, the free REQ pack, and double EXP.
He's right, at least somewhat.

"This is the last Halo title we currently have planned for the collection (sorry to crush your Halo 5 in MCC dreams), so let's finish strong!"

I don't think this rules it out completely in the long term, but I also don't expect much MCC support after Infinite launches either.

The multi-game-quick-resume of the next gen does mean we won't have to wait for loading screens if we want to hop between MCC, H5, and Infinite though at least

"This is the last Halo title we currently have planned for the collection (sorry to crush your Halo 5 in MCC dreams), so let's finish strong!"

I don't think this rules it out completely in the long term, but I also don't expect much MCC support after Infinite launches either.

The multi-game-quick-resume of the next gen does mean we won't have to wait for loading screens if we want to hop between MCC, H5, and Infinite though at least
I always thought it was going to be unlikely that it would be added. The best that can be hoped for now for those on PC is a separate port. Halo: The Master Chief Collection is nearing the end anyway, so I think you're right. There's only so much content you can throw at a game before you run out of ideas.

That and here is an article that's over a year old now stating the same thing

https://barrelrolled.com/343-has-no-plans-to-include-halo-5-for-the-master-chief-collection-on-pc

If they have no plans to put Halo 5 into the MCC on PC, so why would they go through the work to put it on just Xbox MCC (which they also said they have no plans).
You can see right there how 343 was precipitated and fans just eager to know news for Halo 5.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2