1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
I understand the elitism that pushed for 2v2, but the other games have multiple ranked playlists. 4v4 CE objectives is entirely different gameplay than 2v2 TS. The 4v4 social playlist is too lopsided most of the time. This is alienating a huge player base that grew up playing on XBConnect. The social playlist is great for introducing players to CE, but once graduating, there is no place to go. Not everyone wants to put in the endless hours getting spawn killed to learn the 2v2 meta. But in 4s objectives, once you develop a solid pistol/snipe, with decent teamwork you can go a long way.

Please consider adding a 4v4 CE objective ranked playlist.
TROPSTOP wrote:
I understand the elitism that pushed for 2v2, but the other games have multiple ranked playlists. 4v4 CE objectives is entirely different gameplay than 2v2 TS. The 4v4 social playlist is too lopsided most of the time. This is alienating a huge player base that grew up playing on XBConnect. The social playlist is great for introducing players to CE, but once graduating, there is no place to go. Not everyone wants to put in the endless hours getting spawn killed to learn the 2v2 meta. But in 4s objectives, once you develop a solid pistol/snipe, with decent teamwork you can go a long way.

Please consider adding a 4v4 CE objective ranked playlist.
I 2nd this.
I agree I love CE and I’d love to see a 4v4 ranked. 343 was originally planning on adding this playlist last year then they doubled back and decided not to.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I agree I love CE and I’d love to see a 4v4 ranked. 343 was originally planning on adding this playlist last year then they doubled back and decided not to.
There were no plans for a Ranked CE 4 vs 4 Playlist. The only thing stated by 343 was that the 4 vs 4 Unranked Playlist would be coming back which it did back in August 2018.
There were no plans for a Ranked CE 4 vs 4 Playlist. The only thing stated by 343 was that the 4 vs 4 Unranked Playlist would be coming back which it did back in August 2018.
Yes there were
Yes there were
Please send a quote or link specifically mentioning a Ranked CE 4 vs 4 Playlist not just a CE 4 vs 4 Playlist.
Yes there were
Please send a quote or link specifically mentioning a Ranked CE 4 vs 4 Playlist not just a CE 4 vs 4 Playlist.
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/84ad72a8b51847978545f685f651fc15/topics/halo-ce-4-vs-4-ranked-gametype-suggestions/e29b5879-68cf-4b7e-bfb8-8366fa402baf/posts?page=1#post4

I know you gotta remember ranked 4v4 CE being a playlist because you made a thread on it, then 343 at the very last minute changed the playlist offering from ranked to social, I’ve searched for the quote from 343 and I can’t find it, I’m pretty sure the original post was edited from ranked to social which is why I can’t find it, I know you remember Chief, your thread is pretty much proof of that you said it yourself. I’m 100% certain one of 343s posts said that 4v4 ce would be ranked and I know I’m not the only one who remembers that
Yes there were
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/84ad72a8b51847978545f685f651fc15/topics/halo-ce-4-vs-4-ranked-gametype-suggestions/e29b5879-68cf-4b7e-bfb8-8366fa402baf/posts?page=1#post4

I know you gotta remember ranked 4v4 CE being a playlist because you made a thread on it, then 343 at the very last minute changed the playlist offering from ranked to social, I’ve searched for the quote from 343 and I can’t find it, I’m pretty sure the original post was edited from ranked to social which is why I can’t find it, I know you remember Chief, your thread is pretty much proof of that you said it yourself. I’m 100% certain one of 343s posts said that 4v4 ce would be ranked and I know I’m not the only one who remembers that
That was a typo error made back when the new MCC build came out. It's been 8 months we would of gotten it by now. The type was marked Ranked when it should of been Unranked.
That was a typo error made back when the new MCC build came out. It's been 8 months we would of gotten it by now. The type was marked Ranked when it should of been Unranked.
Hmm you seem to so clearly remember that typo now, but why not mention that up front?
You have to eat your words, my friend. You boldly called for evidence, and he served you your own post!!

But who cares. 343, just make this right and give the people what we want! I know there are 2v2 advocates in the inner circle, but 2v2 wasn't even popular until LONG after the golden age of Halo 1. halospawns.com was only registered in 2014. 2v2 caters to a very esoteric group.

Please give us 4v4 ranked, along side the 2v2 playlist
Yes there were

Please send a link or something that shows it was a typo......mr link guy....lol
I sit alot wrote:
Yes there were

Please send a link or something that shows it was a typo......mr link guy....lol
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mcc-update
I sit alot wrote:
Yes there were

I don’t see anything in there that says it was a typo, I never read anything from 343 where they said it was a typo, it very well could’ve been but I know for sure 4v4 was planned to be ranked at the end of August and then a few days before the update it was changed to social.
I agree, I'd love to see ranked CE 4v4 in MCC while OBJ being weighed much more than TS.
I sit alot wrote:
Yes there were

I don’t see anything in there that says it was a typo, I never read anything from 343 where they said it was a typo, it very well could’ve been but I know for sure 4v4 was planned to be ranked at the end of August and then a few days before the update it was changed to social.
The article was written on 08/27, CE Ranked was listed for two days by mistake and the article under Ranked Playlists was edited two days later on 08/29.
The article was written on 08/27, CE Ranked was listed for two days by mistake and the article under Ranked Playlists was edited two days later on 08/29.
Sorry to call you out, but it so happens that the Internet Archive has this page saved on 8/28. According to the above quote, it should contain the typo. It does not.
https://web.archive.org/web/20180828113742/https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mcc-update

What is your agenda?
TROPSTOP wrote:
Sorry to call you out, but it so happens that the Internet Archive has this page saved on 8/28. According to the above quote, it should contain the typo. It does not.
https://web.archive.org/web/20180828113742/https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mcc-update

What is your agenda?
I have no agenda, but to say there indeed was a typo made back when 343 announced the ranked Playlists back in August 2018. It's been almost 8 months and still there isn't a Ranked Playlist for 4 vs 4 CE it would clearly of come by now wouldn't it? I'd love it personally but there isn't a population to support it.
I’d love to see this. The 4v4 playlist has a good population size since you can almost get into a game instantly. Plus, the 2v2 playlist has no objective gametypes and slayer becomes so mundane after a few games.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
3v3 is too similar to 2v2. Plus it sounds like most people are down for an objective heavy playlist to offer more variance, so your crazy grenade spam argument is weak.

Just to throw out something concrete, how do people feel about this 4v4 ranked CE playlist:

70/30 weighting in favor of objective game types.

Blood Gultch CTF
Derelict CTF
Wizard CTF

Chillout Oddball
BattleCreek KOTH
Prisoner KOTH

Boarding Action Team Snipers
Damnation Team Slayer
Hang Em High Team Slayer
Rat Race Team Slayer
  1. 1
  2. ...