Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Halo CE button layout should be in all games

OP MRPIRATEFOX

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Title. For classic movement Halo games the Halo CE preset (The duke) just fits perfectly in them, it feels smooth, natural, and works better than the Universal Reclaimer preset
Bumper jumper is superior
I will never not use Recon. They were first introduced as the Halo 3 default controls in 2007, and I haven't swapped off since.
I actually enjoy using Fishsticks from Halo 5 for MCC. I'm sorry for this unforgivable crime, but it feels natural for me. Even though I have played Halo from the start, and have never really enjoyed COD.
Uuv wrote:
I will never not use Recon. They were first introduced as the Halo 3 default controls in 2007, and I haven't swapped off since.
I actually hated that change. I know I'm in the minority, but I could never get used to having the right bumper be reload in Halo, not after years of CE & Halo 2. So I used walkie talkie, which put melee on that bumper. That still took some getting used to, but it was better.
So after years of Halo 3 with walkie talkie, I was thrilled when Reach pretty much had walkie talkie as the default ... basically CE controls with melee on the bumper. I've been using it ever since.
Bobross343 wrote:
Thats up to you. Im just suggesting that it should be an option for all games
Bobross343 wrote:
You can do universal recon or whatever it’s called the default controller
Uuv wrote:
Jumping and aiming at same time is much easier with bumper jumper
Bobross343 wrote:
Actually that is fact, not opinion.
Bobross343 wrote:
Uuv wrote:
It just doesn't feel natural to me. I know it's supposed to be easier, but I'm so fine tuned to Recon. My thumbs move quick enough to swap between A button and the analog stick.
Uuv wrote:
Bobross343 wrote:
Uuv wrote:
It just doesn't feel natural to me. I know it's supposed to be easier, but I'm so fine tuned to Recon. My thumbs move quick enough to swap between A button and the analog stick.
Yeah I rarely have to take my thumb off the right stick it’s kinda nice
Bobross343 wrote:
Uuv wrote:
This, any time you have to remove your thumb from the right stick, you can’t properly aim. If you’re really hankering for your own control set, you could always splurge on an elite controller and map the buttons however you want. I use bumper jumper and mapped melee, reload, crouch, and switch weapon to the paddles so I literally never have to take my thumb from the stick.
Title. For classic movement Halo games the Halo CE preset (The duke) just fits perfectly in them, it feels smooth, natural, and works better than the Universal Reclaimer preset
What button would you use for the dual wield system?
What button would you use for the dual wield system?
Hold Y like Universal Reclaimer, maybe?
Uuv wrote:
I actually hated that change. I know I'm in the minority, but I could never get used to having the right bumper be reload in Halo, not after years of CE & Halo 2. So I used walkie talkie, which put melee on that bumper. That still took some getting used to, but it was better.
So after years of Halo 3 with walkie talkie, I was thrilled when Reach pretty much had walkie talkie as the default ... basically CE controls with melee on the bumper. I've been using it ever since.
I loved Recon/H3 controls but I slowly got use to using Universal Reclaimer/4 controls. It feels the most natural. I hate holding the left stick to crouch. Using the “B” button is so much easier. Melee on RB and AAs on LB feels perfect.
Personally I've fallen in love with universal zoom and shoot. Just easier since that seems to be the standard for most shooters now a days, and makes the transition easier when going back and forth between other shooters to Halo.
Uuv wrote:
I loved Recon/H3 controls but I slowly got use to using Universal Reclaimer/4 controls. It feels the most natural. I hate holding the left stick to crouch. Using the “B” button is so much easier. Melee on RB and AAs on LB feels perfect.
Same, but the biggest problem with it is dual wield being on the switch weapon button, so you can't reload your dual weapon without dropping it.
I'm pretty sure every control scheme can be set to every Halo game in MCC.
Uuv wrote:
Same, but the biggest problem with it is dual wield being on the switch weapon button, so you can't reload your dual weapon without dropping it.
You can reload your left weapon by clicking the left thumb stick(Halo 3). It’s not the most natural but the option is there. Unfortunately there’s no way to reload the weapons independently in Halo 2.
Uuv wrote:
You can reload your left weapon by clicking the left thumb stick(Halo 3). It’s not the most natural but the option is there. Unfortunately there’s no way to reload the weapons independently in Halo 2.
Really, interesting, I think that also functions as the flashlight in campaign, which reminds me that I was thinking it'd be cool to have access to the flashlight in multiplayer for infection maps.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2