With the new Halo CE multiplayer updates coming to MCC I just wanted to bring more attention to the Campaign. As you all know the MCC Halo CE campaign has significant changes from the original Xbox version. I am very sure that the halo community would appreciate an update to the campaign to make it look and play like the original. It would be more appropriate to keep it as similar as possible so people can enjoy the legacy of these games. Like I said before I am making this post because 343 is releasing content for Halo CE when they didn't have to so I just wanted to say keep going! :)
I will support your post,Halo CE is a wonderful game,and that the developers do not throw it and add all sorts of plops, I only enjoy it )
I hope the weapon skins are in the campaign, just imagine chief with a golden assault rifle!
Its true, unfortunately, the port that halo anniversary edition uses of the "original" halo is actually downgraded from the real original halo CE graphics in the Xbox, it used to look really good on Xbox; but in the version that MCC uses; many details, like transparent objects, texture bumping, energy shields, etcetera have been lowered in quality or simply forgotten. It would be really cool to play halo CE in the real authentic original xbox experience.
I would love to see 343 Industries bring the original Halo Combat Evolved Xbox version to the Halo Master Chief Collection PC. That will be great.
Let's see what happens.
I recall 343i saying they're gonna try restoring OG CE as much as possible in one of their posts several months ago but I can't find it now. So we'll see. At the very least I hope they can add anti-aliasing for classic graphics. And meanwhile I'm still waiting for my Reach bugs to be fixed. Could be a very long time until we all get a satisfying result.
I don't think this update is needed as most of the issues discussed is related to a visual differences between the different versions of the game. However, I would instead prefer to see the PAL and NTSC version of Halo CE and Halo 2 become backwards compatibility on Xbox One.
With the new Halo CE multiplayer updates coming to MCC I just wanted to bring more attention to the Campaign. As you all know the MCC Halo CE campaign has significant changes from the original Xbox version. I am very sure that the halo community would appreciate an update to the campaign to make it look and play like the original. It would be more appropriate to keep it as similar as possible so people can enjoy the legacy of these games. Like I said before I am making this post because 343 is releasing content for Halo CE when they didn't have to so I just wanted to say keep going! :)
Best thing you could do is to list specific examples of items you want addressed.
Otherwise the post might be overlooked.
AshamanND wrote:
Best thing you could do is to list specific examples of items you want addressed.
Its mainly just texture and shade problems but the main things I want back would be
- Jackal shields to change colour when taking damage
- Cortana in cutscenes to change colour depending on her mood
- The regular covenant energy shields to change colour when taking damage
Basically everything that was in Late Night Gaming's video on the topic. I think this should be considered a fix rather then a content update.
AshamanND wrote:
Its mainly just texture and shade problems but the main things I want back would be
Basically everything that was in Late Night Gaming's video on the topic. I think this should be considered a fix rather then a content update.
To sum it all up, everything can be summarized as visual differences between original version (NTSC / PAL) and the PC / Anniversary / MCC version. In my opinion, none of these issues can be considered as too important as none of them present a major effect on the gameplay.
AshamanND wrote:
To sum it all up, everything can be summarized as visual differences between original version (NTSC / PAL) and the PC / Anniversary / MCC version. In my opinion, none of these issues can be considered as too important as none of them present a major effect on the gameplay.
Thats not really my point. I made this post because 343 are adding content to Halo CE that is definitely less important than this problem. Marty ODonnell has even said before that it does not play the same way as the original.
AshamanND wrote:
Thats not really my point. I made this post because 343 are adding content to Halo CE that is definitely less important than this problem. Marty ODonnell has even said before that it does not play the same way as the original.
I wouldn't consider this issue to be that important and one aspect is that it has existed ever since 2003. Another aspect to take into consideration is that version differences has always existed and this do also apply to the original xbox versions (PAL and NTSC) which runs on 2 different framerates (25 and 30 FPS for the respective version) which changes the speed of the game.

Finally, I would prefer to see a citation for the statement from Martin O'Donnell.
AshamanND wrote:
I wouldn't consider this issue to be that important and one aspect is that it has existed ever since 2003. Another aspect to take into consideration is that version differences has always existed and this do also apply to the original xbox versions (PAL and NTSC) which runs on 2 different framerates (25 and 30 FPS for the respective version) which changes the speed of the game.

Finally, I would prefer to see a citation for the statement from Martin O'Donnell.
But don't you want to see Halo CE as close as possible to the original? As I said before there are very visible changes you can see in the game. All we need is an update restoring all of the features. Obviously it would be impossible to make it 100% the same but there are still key features left out.
Also I apologise I cannot get an exact quote from Martin O'Donnell because he said it in an interview with The Act Man or HiddenxPeria sorry I cant remember which one.
the framerate needs to be fixed first for Halo:ce and halo 2 anniversary first. They are damn stutter fests! Used to be smooth 60 fps now they run like garbage on xb1x
cc42 wrote:
the framerate needs to be fixed first for Halo:ce and halo 2 anniversary first. They are damn stutter fests! Used to be smooth 60 fps now they run like garbage on xb1x
It's issues that I haven't noticed before I watched some YouTube videos which discusses this topic.