Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Halo CE Greifing with ghosts needs addressed

OP Lady Boi Jesus

In Halo CE people will get in the ghost just to aim it at the team and jump out. They constantly do it and I searched some for the gamertags and while I won't call them out, they're constant posters here.
If you catch them doing it again make sure to save a clip of it and submit a ticket over at the Support Website. There is no excuse for such behaviour.
In Halo CE people will get in the ghost just to aim it at the team and jump out. They constantly do it and I searched some for the gamertags and while I won't call them out, they're constant posters here.
Wait what? I don't play CE multiplayer too often so how can being in a Ghost be used to grief people?
Jaidabecca wrote:
Wait what? I don't play CE multiplayer too often so how can being in a Ghost be used to grief people?
If I had to guess it would be because the Ghost doesn't come to a dead stop when a player exits the vehicle. Combined with Halo: Combat Evolved's very questionable physics, the player would be able to kill their teammates and not have it count as a betrayal.
Jaidabecca wrote:
If I had to guess it would be because the Ghost doesn't come to a dead stop when a player exits the vehicle. Combined with Halo: Combat Evolved's very questionable physics, the player would be able to kill their teammates and not have it count as a betrayal.
Oh, so like an actual "Ghost-ride" like people(usually kids in my experience) will sometimes do with bikes? Or, at least, I remember doing that crap back in the 90's with my bike. I don't remember the point of it though, lol, but I guess it's just a stupid "kid thing."
Jaidabecca wrote:
The ghost keep moving when you get out of it. They'll do it and there's nothing you can do about it.
Halo CE is full of greifers more so than anywhere else because of it's janky physics and general lack of polish in the multiplayer (if you know the development of Halo CE, multiplayer was a quick afterthought). It'd take quite a bit of fixing.
Halo CE is full of greifers more so than anywhere else because of it's janky physics and general lack of polish in the multiplayer (if you know the development of Halo CE, multiplayer was a quick afterthought). It'd take quite a bit of fixing.
Love CEs multiplayer because of this (the physics and polish- not the griefing).

Not saying "deal with it, OP", but you really shouldn't have high expectations for quality and competitive matches when you include CE in your matchmaking search. Obviously griefing is toxic but given that CE's mp includes:
-initial spawns that put you 5 feet away from your opponents
-best weapon as your starting weapon
-goofy physics (I've literally splattered myself before, by getting out of a vehicle to quickly)
-Rockets and grenades that act more like nukes
It's sort of expected that CE matches aren't to be taken seriously by a majority of the community.
If you catch them doing it again make sure to save a clip of it and submit a ticket over at the Support Website. There is no excuse for such behaviour.
Unfortunately my ticket over there which provides video proof of a player doing exactly what OP is talking about has gone unanswered. It's a clear cut case of abuse and should be met with a ban.
Unfortunately my ticket over there which provides video proof of a player doing exactly what OP is talking about has gone unanswered. It's a clear cut case of abuse and should be met with a ban.
Yeah I've reported numerous players with clips and screenshots even Halo 2 anniversary is bad.