OP JK93 FTP

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
JK93 FTP wrote:
Change my mind?
I don't see why. In every Halo game, precision weapons are just better than automatics - even more so the case in CE. And if you ignore power weapons like you said, that leaves the Plasma Pistol, AR, Plasma Rifle, and Needle. And the Magnum is just better than all of those.

That's just how Combat Evolve is, baby.
JK93 FTP wrote:
Change my mind?
I don't see why. In every Halo game, precision weapons are just better than automatics - even more so the case in CE. And if you ignore power weapons like you said, that leaves the Plasma Pistol, AR, Plasma Rifle, and Needle. And the Magnum is just better than all of those.

That's just how Combat Evolve is, baby.
Maybe if they make a CE anniversary Multiplayer, then they can change the Magnum (Even though I would probably be against the nerfing of the magnum...)
To an extent yes. But power weapons are still useful and honestly in most halos the AR is rarely ever used anyway. Usually always seeing precision weapons since they are more dominant in this franchise.
JK93 FTP wrote:
If you’re not using the pistol you’re at a disadvantage. No reason to use the other guns and you get bored really fast.

Change my mind?
JK93 FTP wrote:
JK93 FTP wrote:
If you’re not using the pistol you’re at a disadvantage. No reason to use the other guns and you get bored really fast.

Change my mind?
I mean, while it is a good starting weapon and can hold its own in most firefights, I have killed with and been killed by Shotguns, Rocket Launchers, and Sniper Rifles.
I understand what you mean but you’re naming power weapons
JK93 FTP wrote:
Yeah, sucks to suck m8
Not complaining about sucking just complaining that if you don’t use the pistol you’re at a disadvantage and it gets boring fast using the pistol
BecSon0 wrote:
While people are saying "no you can use other guns" they are right, seriously the main reason why they made the pistol in every other halo game after CE so weak is because of how insane it was in CE. tl:dr, pistol is stupid powerful because its the only precision weapon that isnt a sniper and its stupid broken in ce and reach
If Halo CE's pistol is truly "overpowered" and Halo CE's multiplayer truly is just a "pistol simulator" then please explain this clip.
If Halo CE's pistol is overpowered and there's no reason to use any other weapons except for the pistol and power weapons in Halo CE's multiplayer then please explain how in this clip someone that is using a plasma rilfe was able to win a 1v1 in a situation against someone that was using a pistol and also had an Overshield/OS. If the pistol in Halo CE's multiplayer is truly "overpowered" shouldn't the player with the pistol be able to win every 1v1 situation against people that are using an AR, plasma rilfe, plasma pistol, and shotgun?

The plasma rilfe in Halo CE's multiplayer isn't considered a power weapon, it's considered a niche situational weapon yet it's still possible for someone with the plasma rilfe in Halo CE to be able to win a 1v1 in a situation against someone that is using a pistol. In Halo CE's multiplayer the only power items/power weapons are rockets, Active Camouflage/camo, Overshield/OS, and the sniper. If Halo CE's pistol is truly "overpowered" and Halo CE's multiplayer is truly just a "pistol simulator" then wouldn't it be impossible for someone that is using either an AR, plasma rilfe, plasma pistol, or shotgun in Halo CE to win a 1v1 in a situation against someone that is using a pistol? Like I said in my previous post, on the legacy version of Halo 1/original Xbox version of Halo 1 every weapon in the sandbox except for the needler has a purpose.
Quote:
you don’t spawn with power weapons also if you’ve got decent aim you win 9/10 with the pistol with someone spraying at you with the AR
If a player is trying to contest an opponent that has a pistol from long range or medium range with their AR in Halo CE they're going to lose a majority of those scenarios because Halo CE's AR is a niche close range situational weapon. Halo CE's AR is a niche weapon that offers situational advantages over the pistol such as having a longer melee range than the pistol and the ability to quick camo. The pistol, sniper, rockets in Halo CE can't quick camo because they have a scope(can zoom in) but the AR, plasma rilfe, plasma pistol, and shotgun in Halo CE can quick camo because they don't have a scope(can't zoom in).
Magnums are what I hear like 90% of the time whenever I play CE. Especially in 4v4.
JK93 FTP wrote:

Change my mind?
I will admit I only read this first post.

DID YOU PLAY CE ON OG XBOX?!
JK93 FTP wrote:

Change my mind?
I will admit I only read this first post.

DID YOU PLAY CE ON OG XBOX?!
No I never did lol. Tbh only game modes I play now that I enjoy is halo 2/anniversary and halo 3 with AR starts cause imo it just makes the game more fun. I get over Reach cause of the armor abilities, halo ce cause every one uses the pistol and halo 4 is just bleh imo
And to the people who posted like a movie script trying to tell me halo ce sandbox is balanced lmao all you hear is pistols going off constantly every game and you’re trying to preach to me it’s a balanced gun. Ok lol. I’m just -Yoinking!- cause it’s basically a power weapon and you spawn with it. That’s all. I don’t even play halo 2 br starts cause it’s the exact same situation but I feel like halo 3 br starts isn’t as bad cause the bullets are projectile so not as consistent
Imo if halo reach didn’t have armor abilities and removed bloom I feel like it would have the most balanced weapons sandbox and flow of the game would be so much better than any halo game to date. I also don’t think sprint should be in halo multiplayer period. Campaigns It wouldn’t bother me
JK93 FTP wrote:
And to the people who posted like a movie script trying to tell me halo ce sandbox is balanced lmao all you hear is pistols going off constantly every game and you’re trying to preach to me it’s a balanced gun. Ok lol. I’m just -Yoinking!- cause it’s basically a power weapon and you spawn with it. That’s all. I don’t even play halo 2 br starts cause it’s the exact same situation but I feel like halo 3 br starts isn’t as bad cause the bullets are projectile so not as consistent
Nice bait! I should of recognized from the beginning that you were trolling and that you weren't posting on halowaypoint to have a conversation in good faith about Halo CE's multiplayer. Anyways I'm done wasting my time responding to your posts because it's now obvious to me that you are a troll and that you don't want to have a productive conversation about Halo CE's multiplayer.

Also Halo 3's multiplayer is trash compared to Halo CE's multiplayer.
xxcloud7xx wrote:
JK93 FTP wrote:
Nice bait! I should of recognized from the beginning that you were trolling and that you weren't posting on halowaypoint to have a conversation in good faith about Halo CE's multiplayer. Anyways I'm done wasting my time responding to your posts because it's now obvious to me that you are a troll and that you don't want to have a productive conversation about Halo CE's multiplayer.

Also Halo 3's multiplayer is trash compared to Halo CE's multiplayer.
  • Halo 1 and Halo 3 Bullet and Melee Comparison
I’m a troll cause I think Halo 3 has a better more diverse weapons sandbox.. lmao ok
BecSon0 wrote:
While people are saying "no you can use other guns" they are right, seriously the main reason why they made the pistol in every other halo game after CE so weak is because of how insane it was in CE. tl:dr, pistol is stupid powerful because its the only precision weapon that isnt a sniper and its stupid broken in ce and reach
i have heard stories of a Bungie employee changing the stats of the Magnum to make it kill 1 or 2 bullets faster so he could win in split screen against the other creators and they would be thrown cuz hes using the thought to be "weak" magnum. Could just be a wild rumor tho lol
BecSon0 wrote:
i have heard stories of a Bungie employee changing the stats of the Magnum to make it kill 1 or 2 bullets faster so he could win in split screen against the other creators and they would be thrown cuz hes using the thought to be "weak" magnum. Could just be a wild rumor tho lol
That was actually confirmed to be true, and the one that did it was none other than Jason Jones himself. He confirmed in an interview with IGN that he changed it at the last possible moment, literally hours before it was due to be sent away and printed onto the discs.

Here's the interview (it's a ways down):
https://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/07/bungie-co-founder-halo-and-destiny-creator-jason-jones-breaks-11-year-silence
BecSon0 wrote:
BecSon0 wrote:
That was actually confirmed to be true, and the one that did it was none other than Jason Jones himself. He confirmed in an interview with IGN that he changed it at the last possible moment, literally hours before it was due to be sent away and printed onto the discs.

Here's the interview (it's a ways down):
https://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/07/bungie-co-founder-halo-and-destiny-creator-jason-jones-breaks-11-year-silence
If this is true then it has to be one of the best last minute changes to a video game that a video game developer has ever made. The huge disparity between the perfect/minimum TTK and average TTK for Halo CE's pistol is one of the main reasons Halo CE has such a huge skill gap and a huge skill ceiling. Halo CE's pistol's perfect/minimum TTK is .6 sec(3 shot) and it's average TTK is 1.4 sec(7 shot). It's the disparity between the pistol's perfect/minimum TTK(.6 sec) and the pistol's average TTK(1.4 sec) that allows room for a huge shooting skill gap to be able to exist in Halo CE.

Most people that write-off Halo CE's pistol as being "overpowered" and "unbalanced" aren't factoring in the difficulty that is required in order to consistently achieve the pistol's perfect/minimum TTK when they are making their assessment of Halo CE's pistol. They also aren't factoring in the disparity between the pistol's perfect/minimum TTK and it's average TTK.
JK93 FTP wrote:
Imo if halo reach didn’t have armor abilities and removed bloom I feel like it would have the most balanced weapons sandbox and flow of the game would be so much better than any halo game to date. I also don’t think sprint should be in halo multiplayer period. Campaigns It wouldn’t bother me
As much as I'm not in favor of bloom, removing it entirely from the Reach sandbox would not generate a more balanced sandbox. A majority of the multiplayer maps themselves were developed with bloom taken into consideration.

You take bloom out of the equation entirely instead of just reducing it, you'd be met with people staying as far back as possible just pin-sniping with the DMR.
A lot of you seem to create these threads challenging everything that made Halo a competitive console title... And I can't figure out why... CE is a game that's almost 20 years old. It's not a secret that the pistol is the most well rounded weapon in the game. That doesn't make guns like the plasma rifle or plasma pistol pointless. There's also three power weapons to utilize in this particular sandbox. So... What's the point of complaining about the pistol?
Uuv wrote:
JK93 FTP wrote:
As much as I'm not in favor of bloom, removing it entirely from the Reach sandbox would not generate a more balanced sandbox. A majority of the multiplayer maps themselves were developed with bloom taken into consideration.

You take bloom out of the equation entirely instead of just reducing it, you'd be met with people staying as far back as possible just pin-sniping with the DMR.
problem is, thats exactly what they do already since its pretty much 0 from bleedthrough being enabled. people dont have to engage in close range since why would you since you can snipe people super easy without trouble. This also makes the pistol stupid strong as well.
JK93 FTP wrote:
JK93 FTP: Lol CE multiplayer sucks cause the Magnum is OP
xxcloud7xx: Gives logical, detailed, and factual explanation that explains the Magnum isnt OP
JK93 FTP: No ur wrong because reasons
GRNT WRK wrote:
Arguably one of the most well designed weapon sandboxes like ever but okay.

The magnum functions as a magnificent utility weapon. If you don't like how the game is designed I'm sure there are other games on the market with a redundant yet "diverse" sandbox.
This thread is just another repackaged anti-meta argument. It’s really no different than the people that want automatics starts in H2 and H3.

they can have their preference but I do think their viewpoint is fundamentally bad for game design and I hate when developers cater to these often very small subsets of players. Not every weapon should be viable at all times.

utility weapons and a games meta is usually key to building a games identify and community.

Case in point see Epic trying to break the meta in gears 3 by adding the sawed off as a starting weapon. I remember that games population falling to like 30k players less than 6 months after release.
Uuv wrote:
JK93 FTP wrote:

People already complain that BTB is a massive stalemate with the DMR. Take bloom out and see just how bad it gets. It's not as bad in HC where you're playing on smaller maps and are forced to keep moving.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3