Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Halo CE playlists settings are almost perfect!

OP MasterCh1ef87

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
With the adjustments to the 4 vs 4 CE playlist being released today and team doubles rightly being team slayer only, the only adjustment left is in BTB. Until Team Slayer gets adjusted to 100 kills from 50 CE BTB should just be objective only with Classic and Heavy Variants. Team slayer matches go way to quickly with a 50 kill limit with 16 people.
Hard disagree on the 4v4 playlist, but I realise I'm in the minority. I'm really not a fan of slayer at all so basically doubling down to ensure a -Yoink- ton of slayer games seems blah to me as I've always preferred OBJ. Like I said though, I know most people prefer slayer only so in terms of keeping the population happy that's what needed to be done.
I think they should almost always be slayer. When players quit and one team has more players they won't play the objective they just spawn trap you and slay bodies.
Trespa5s wrote:
Hard disagree on the 4v4 playlist, but I realise I'm in the minority. I'm really not a fan of slayer at all so basically doubling down to ensure a -Yoink- ton of slayer games seems blah to me as I've always preferred OBJ. Like I said though, I know most people prefer slayer only so in terms of keeping the population happy that's what needed to be done.
At least you’re honest about being in the minority. I, too, love objective, but nothing wrong with a little slayer here and there. Not nearly as much thinking involved with slayer.
Too bad they screwed up the H1 shot registration or it would be worth playing
Shot Registration is certainly improved in regards to the pistol, additional work is being done as well though.
I think most would agree to remove the radar on BG CTF. It makes playing defense in the base too easy.
Shot Registration is certainly improved in regards to the pistol, additional work is being done as well though.
It was way better before the update
Then why do all of my CE buddies including myself think it has been improved then? Keep in mind I'm not talking about 1 or 2 people. My friends list is 600 plus and the conclusion is there needs more work to be done but it has improved.
The reason why Team Slayer goes so quick is because its not the original game type for Halo CE. Every Halo CE Map is designed for Normal Setting that's why weapons come back so fast. But what your playing in MM is a gametype that was never in the original game. Go to custom games and look for yourself, hence that's why it says Classic Team Slayer and not just Team Slayer.

I don't understand why 343 keeps on changing stuff its having the opposite effect the ones that enjoyed the system that was being used the original games. People that played the original games are not going to stay on the game if its not what they remembered from there past. Perfect example Halo 2 Classic gameplay isn't the Xbox version its some made up version. The BR was never that OP as it is now and dual wielding sucks in H2C now. Man I remember owning people all the time with a plasma rifle and smg but now the BR destroys you every time.
Then why do all of my CE buddies including myself think it has been improved then? Keep in mind I'm not talking about 1 or 2 people. My friends list is 600 plus and the conclusion is there needs more work to be done but it has improved.
The shot registration is fine in Halo CE most of the bullets miss with the pistol. But what 343 needs to fix are the 🤐 spawns in the Whole MCC especially in Halo CE. I can't stress enough of how angry 😠 that makes me when I spawn right in front of the enemy or in the middle of combat.
The shot registration is fine in Halo CE most of the bullets miss with the pistol. But what 343 needs to fix are the 🤐 spawns in the Whole MCC especially in Halo CE. I can't stress enough of how angry 😠 that makes me when I spawn right in front of the enemy or in the middle of combat.
Not going to change, CTF is the only gametype where you spawn at your base. That's what makes CE unique once the game begins it's all about control of the
map and power weapons. You spawn where your team is and if your good you can control where the enemy team spawns.
Not going to change, CTF is the only gametype where you spawn at your base. That's what makes CE unique once the game begins it's all about control of the
map and power weapons. You spawn where your team is and if your good you can control where the enemy team spawns.
Not always true about Halo CE especially Prisoner as well as other maps. Most of the spawns on prisoner are at the bottom in that left corner. So there's no reason why I should always spawn in the middle of the 🤐 map while my enemy are sitting on the latter. I'm not even talking about 4v4 just 2v2. Yeah I can understand map control for Halo 2 and 3 but it feels like in Halo CE I always spawn in the middle of the map which is extremely annoying in every way.
Like just the other day I was playing H2C on midship and I was last kill because I spawned in the middle of combat on top of a grenade which has never happened every before in the past for the original Halo games.
Not always true about Halo CE especially Prisoner as well as other maps. Most of the spawns on prisoner are at the bottom in that left corner. So there's no reason why I should always spawn in the middle of the 🤐 map while my enemy are sitting on the latter. I'm not even talking about 4v4 just 2v2. Yeah I can understand map control for Halo 2 and 3 but it feels like in Halo CE I always spawn in the middle of the map which is extremely annoying in every way.
Like just the other day I was playing H2C on midship and I was last kill because I spawned in the middle of combat on top of a grenade which has never happened every before in the past for the original Halo games.
Again, CE spawns in a non CTF game are random at the start and its a control of spawn points on all of the maps, there's nothing to change in that regard. There's nothing better then getting a starting spawn point in pink room on Damy, bottom Derelict, Red One on Prisoner, Red Tombs on HGH, and taking top control being down 15 and owning an enemy team.
You're very ignorant of how Halo 1's spawn system functions. In team slayer, king of the hill, and oddball your spawns are heavily influenced by your teammate's positioning on the map. The main reason why the ranked Halo CE playlist is limited to only 2v2 is so that there aren't multiple variables(multiple teammates) influencing your spawns which allows your teammate to be able to directly control your spawns.

The spawn system for CTF in Halo 1 is a bit different than the spawn system that team slayer, king of the hill, and oddball uses. The spawn system for CTF in Halo 1 is static which means each team spawns at their own respective bases. This is why CTF is the main viable game type for big team battle in Halo 1.

For team slayer, oddball, and king of the hill there are only four bottom spawns on Prisoner. Those four bottom spawns on Prisoner are located at red one, OS one AKA triple doors, bottom elbow, and backwall one AKA two doors.

As for spawning into grenades and gunfire in Halo 1, this happens because grenades and gunfire in Halo 1 don't block or influence spawns. I'm going to post some informative links for Halo 1's spawn system that I highly recommend for you to utilize as learning tools so that you can make a more informed opinion on Halo 1's spawn system.
xxcloud7xx wrote:
You're very ignorant of how Halo 1's spawn system functions. In team slayer, king of the hill, and oddball your spawns are heavily influenced by your teammate's positioning on the map. The main reason why the ranked Halo CE playlist is limited to only 2v2 is so that there aren't multiple variables(multiple teammates) influencing your spawns which allows your teammate to be able to directly control your spawns.

The spawn system for CTF in Halo 1 is a bit different than the spawn system that team slayer, king of the hill, and oddball uses. The spawn system for CTF in Halo 1 is static which means each team spawns at their own respective bases. This is why CTF is the main viable game type for big team battle in Halo 1.

For team slayer, oddball, and king of the hill there are only four bottom spawns on Prisoner. Those four bottom spawns on Prisoner are located at red one, OS one AKA triple doors, bottom elbow, and backwall one AKA two doors.

As for spawning into grenades and gunfire in Halo 1, this happens because grenades and gunfire in Halo 1 don't block or influence spawns. I'm going to post some informative links for Halo 1's spawn system that I highly recommend for you to utilize as learning tools so that you can make a more informed opinion on Halo 1's spawn system.
Hey thanks for looking out but this doesn't change the fact that some of the spawns have been changed from the original game. Yeah it might be different now on MCC but the whole point of buying the game is to play the old Halo games with the original versions not 343 version of the game. I've played plenty of Halo CE back in the day on Xbox Connect as well as the PC version and the spawns I get in MCC are nothing even remarkably close. That same thing goes with H2C weapon damage and spawn system.
This changing stuff up in Halo Classic games and not letting its community no about it needs to stop because its making old school fans leave the game all together.
xxcloud7xx wrote:
-Snip-
-Snip-
Hey thanks for looking out but this doesn't change the fact that some of the spawns have been changed from the original game. Yeah it might be different now on MCC but the whole point of buying the game is to play the old Halo games with the original versions not 343 version of the game. I've played plenty of Halo CE back in the day on Xbox Connect as well as the PC version and the spawns I get in MCC are nothing even remarkably close. That same thing goes with H2C weapon damage and spawn system.
This changing stuff up in Halo Classic games and not letting its community no about it needs to stop because its making old school fans leave the game all together.
NP. What specific issues of Halo 1 MCC's spawns are you referring to? Do you have any empirical evidence to back up your claim that the spawns for MCC Halo 1 are different than the spawns that the original Xbox version of Halo 1 uses? Your anecdotal evidence of playing the original Xbox version of Halo CE online via XBC and playing Halo PC isn't credible enough to be able to back up your claim. If you're going to make a bold claim then the onus is on you to provide adequate enough proof to be able to back up your claim.

If there are any legitimate issues with MCC Halo 1 spawn system then it will be documented on halobugs.com. I looked at halobugs.com for any issues relating to the spawn system for Halo 1 on MCC and this is one of the very few issues that I could find. On halobugs.com it says that it's a low priority issue. I also found this issue on halobugs.com. Just because the spawn system for Halo 2C on MCC is a bit different than the spawn system that the original Xbox version of Halo 2 uses doesn't necessarily imply that the spawns that MCC Halo 1 uses are different than the spawns that the original Xbox version of Halo 1 uses.

I agree that the main goal of MCC should be to get Halo 1, Halo 2C, Halo 3, Halo 4, and Halo 3: ODST to play as close as possible to their orginal counterparts however making baseless claims like the one that you made about Halo 1 MCC's spawns being different than the spawns that the original Xbox version of Halo 1 uses isn't really helpful. BTW I'm a Halo 1 purist, I prefer playing the original Xbox version of Halo 1 over the MCC version of Halo 1.
xxcloud7xx wrote:
xxcloud7xx wrote:
-Snip-
-Snip-
NP. What specific issues of Halo 1 MCC's spawns are you referring to? Do you have any empirical evidence to back up your claim that the spawns for MCC Halo 1 are different than the spawns that the original Xbox version of Halo 1 uses? Your anecdotal evidence of playing the original Xbox version of Halo CE online via XBC and playing Halo PC isn't credible enough to be able to back up your claim. If you're going to make a bold claim then the onus is on you to provide adequate enough proof to be able to back up your claim.

If there are any legitimate issues with MCC Halo 1 spawn system then it will be documented on halobugs.com. I looked at halobugs.com for any issues relating to the spawn system for Halo 1 on MCC and this is one of the very few issues that I could find. On halobugs.com it says that it's a low priority issue. I also found this issue on halobugs.comJust because the spawn system for Halo 2C on MCC is a bit different than the spawn system that the original Xbox version of Halo 2 uses doesn't necessarily imply that the spawns that MCC Halo 1 uses are different than the spawns that the original Xbox version of Halo 1 uses.

I agree that the main goal of MCC should be to get Halo 1, Halo 2C, Halo 3, Halo 4, and Halo 3: ODST to play as close as possible to their orginal counterparts however baseless claims like the one you made about Halo 1 MCC's spawns being different than the spawns that the original Xbox version of Halo 1 uses isn't really helpful. BTW I'm a Halo 1 purist, I prefer playing the original Xbox version of Halo 1 over the MCC version of Halo 1.
To be honest with you no matter what I say your not going to change your mind about anything. If you think everything is perfect then good for you and anyone else as for me and my friends we do not. Now I've said this before in other topics I don't come to the forums to hate on someone else's baby. I just give my input and that's all.

Even if I posted the video I have your just gonna come up with a excuse for it in some kind of way so its pointless to even try.

I just hope 343 can fix the things that they have change in all the Halo games so we the community can play the game without all the negative feedback. I just want to play the original games (Xbox versions) in 4k on Xbox Live with my friends. It would be nice to have a option to do so even if it was in custom games only.
But anyway thanks for the feedback you had to say and all but I'm done with this topic because its not going anywhere. See Ya
xxcloud7xx wrote:
xxcloud7xx wrote:
-Snip-
-Snip-
-Snip-
-Snip-
To be honest with you no matter what I say your not going to change your mind about anything. If you think everything is perfect then good for you and anyone else as for me and my friends we do not. Now I've said this before in other topics I don't come to the forums to hate on someone else's baby. I just give my input and that's all.

Even if I posted the video I have your just gonna come up with a excuse for it in some kind of way so its pointless to even try.

I just hope 343 can fix the things that they have change in all the Halo games so we the community can play the game without all the negative feedback. I just want to play the original games (Xbox versions) in 4k on Xbox Live with my friends. It would be nice to have a option to do so even if it was in custom games only.
But anyway thanks for the feedback you had to say and all but I'm done with this topic because its not going anywhere. See Ya
I'm open-minded, if you or someone else were to provide me adequate evidence that the spawns in Halo 1 MCC are different than the spawns in the original Xbox version of Halo 1 then I would change my mind.

Like I said in my other post I'm a Halo 1 purist, I prefer playing the original Xbox version of Halo 1 instead of the MCC version of Halo 1. Currently Halo 1 on the MCC is my least favorite version of Halo 1. I want the MCC version of Halo 1 to resemble the original Xbox version of Halo 1/Halo 1 NHE as close as possible. While I appreciate the fact that 343 is fixing various issues with MCC I still acknowledge the fact that MCC isn't perfect and that there are still a whole bunch of bugs/issues remaining that are plaguing Halo 1 on the MCC that 343 still needs to fix.

The main reason why I'm challenging your baseless claim about Halo 1 MCC's spawns being different than the original Xbox version of Halo 1 is because I want to preserve the integrity of the original Halo CE's spawn system. I would hate to see 343 make changes to Halo 1 MCC's spawn system due to someone making baseless claims about it and the end result being that MCC Halo 1's spawn system ends up not resembling the original Xbox version of Halo 1's spawn system.

TL;DR: I don't think that Halo 1 on the MCC is perfect, I actually think that the game is far from perfect. I just disagree that the spawns on the MCC version of Halo 1 are different than the spawns on the original Xbox version of Halo 1, however if you or someone else could provide adequate counter-evidence then I would happily change my mind.
Classic and heavy .. What are the differences there?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2