Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Halo emblem customization (vanilla)

OP Psychotic Trait

Since 343i is gonna roll out Halo 3 soon and (ODST firefight) with a revamped customization menu that’s akin to vanilla Halo 3, is there a chance that they will also revert the emblem customization to its vanilla state as well for Halo 2, 3, ODST, and Reach? It was a small detail but it really made the customization more personal. Your custom emblem appeared on your player character. For example, Halo 2 has your emblems on both shoulders and back with some glowing effects to it. Halo 3 had your emblem appear on your right shoulder (I believe), ODST had it appear on your chest, while Reach it appeared on the upper right of your chest albeit it was hard to notice. I’m curious if these features are to come back to MCC. It kinda bothers me that they didn’t add them in yet.
I've been wondering this too! I don't expect the Halo 2, Reach, & ODST emblems to arrive immediately upon Halo 3's release, but with the dedication they're putting in, I'm confident it'll happen.
Good news OP, it's coming :)
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mcc-development-update-june-2020
Quote:
In the flight update that was released last week, the team was able to knock out nearly 100 different bugs, including these two:
  • Improving muffled audio sounds for weapons and VO
  • Resolving player emblems so they appear accurately on character models
Edit: I think this might only be for Halo 3, going by the wording. If it is, I'm sure the other games will be updated in time
stckrboy wrote:
Good news OP, it's coming :)
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mcc-development-update-june-2020
Quote:
In the flight update that was released last week, the team was able to knock out nearly 100 different bugs, including these two:
  • Improving muffled audio sounds for weapons and VO
  • Resolving player emblems so they appear accurately on character models
Edit: I think this might only be for Halo 3, going by the wording. If it is, I'm sure the other games will be updated in time
That’s some good news. I really hope that it comes to Halo 2, Reach, and ODST. Time will tell I guess! Thanks for the share!
I've been wondering this too! I don't expect the Halo 2, Reach, & ODST emblems to arrive immediately upon Halo 3's release, but with the dedication they're putting in, I'm confident it'll happen.
By odin’s beard I hope they do. I just want it to feel like the legacy Halos as much as possible.