Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Halo isn't "back" it was always here.

OP ALegoCowboy

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 6
Halo 4 was simply terrible.

It had a decent campaign, but the campaign required the books to really know what was going on which was something that 343i said you wouldn't need.
-Why did the Chief not ask about this new covenant faction?
-Why did the Didact want to wipe out humanity? There was no motivation behind it besides "Kill all humans!"?

Then there were the custom game options which 343 said would be the most expansive.
-They were not.
-They were some of the most limited options for the game.
-It had many options that just didn't work.

Then there was the forge.
-Removal of basic things such as precision controls and zoom.
-Things like gravity wells were horribly implemented (Why were they not squares? What was with the rounded square shape so you couldn't get a bigger area with low-grav/).
-The idea that lighting always needs to be redone every time you want to walk around (Dumb idea, and it should just be an option within the menu so people can switch to look around much quicker).

Matchmaking:
-Lack of classic playlist which 343 promised would be in the start.
-Some pretty terrible maps that were just boring to play and boring to look at (Haven).

Announcer's Voice:
-Why did they make his voice all robotic? Completely ruined his voice.
-This is also a flaw in Halo 2A.

Gameplay:
-Removal of Arena Style gameplay in order to copy other game's to gain their fanbase.
-Ordinance drops, forced JIP, instant spawn, and many other aspects are not Halo and are also terrible ideas to begin with.
The only time Halo went away is when it defied its canon with Halo Reach. If it wasn't for Bungie making that game, then all of these game mechanics that changed significantly wouldn't be there. 343i had to follow the road with the abilities for at least their first game, and they tried to implement it. They already realized that it was a mistake to follow Bungie's vision for Halo. Frankie has made sure Halo has always been true to itself also.
A halo game without a ranking system is a game I dont want to play. Whats the point in working hard to win games if theres nothing to show off? Thats like NFL teams playing all season working hard and then having no playoffs and no championship game. there's no point.
This whole "#weback" nonsense is just that, nonsense. It's the whole mindset that Halo revolves around the esports community, and that couldn't be further from the truth. That's what makes Halo so great, it has so many different communities of players that get different things from the game.

-Casual
-Grifball
-Forge
-Customs
-Machinima
-Casual Competitive (play ranked, but not tournaments)
-Esports/MLG
-Campaign

Halo never left. I think most are in agreement that Halo 4 and Reach weren't as good as CE-3, but that doesn't mean they were outright awful. They still offered a ton of fun.
Most Halo fans feel that there's been a decline in the quantity and quality of Halo gameplay since Reach, myself included. TMCC is bringing it back, baby!
Stopped playing halo 4 and started playing halo 2 on the pc and a little halo 3. Not a fan of halo 4's multiplayer.
iRL glitCh wrote:
A halo game without a ranking system is a game I dont want to play. Whats the point in working hard to win games if theres nothing to show off? Thats like NFL teams playing all season working hard and then having no playoffs and no championship game. there's no point.
Truth in this post right here!
This is a great thread....I completely agree. I bought my original Xbox back in the day for Halo CE, and I feel like Halo MCC may be the same for some of the younger crowds. Whether they started on Halo CE, Halo 4, or even Halo MCC. Halo will always be here, and here to stay. Halo 4 wasn't my favorite of the series, but I still enjoyed playing it and look forward to what Halo 5 will bring the franchise as well.
even if halo *is* back its dead when halo 5 comes. look at this.

http://i.gyazo.com/c8266004805e6f1e75f9eb065ca796de.mp4
Duuuhh wrote:

We'll just have to wait and see man...
Personally I loved halo 4. Yeah the MP wasn't as great as past games but for me halo never left.
If it wasn't dead before it sure is now after that leak. :(
Some people are under the impression that Halo can only succeed if it remains the number 1 played game on Xbox LIVE (possibly for several years). So some like to say it's back, mostly as hype, to try and get the series as the most played game on consoles.

Pretty soon we'll be seeing people claiming doomsday and attacking 343 for daring to destroy their beloved franchise if the matchmaking numbers doesn't reach the millions.
Not neccessarily #1, but 6 months after release you'd think it'd at least crack the top 10 and not get beat by old COD games and Minecraft.
Halo has always been very active whether having good or bad installments, it's the progression of the universe and the community that makes this all worth while.
Halo 4 was great. To say it didn't have a "Halo" feeling is absolutely absurd.
Sure it had a little bit of Halo feel, it was just overshadowed by the insert generic modern shooter feels.
Bax D wrote:
They added powers etc, that made it lose the halo feeling. And their was a feeling they had made it easier for noobs thanks to the powers. And another big problem was that their was no good maps. The best thing in halo 2/3 for me was that almost every map was perfect for multiplayer. I don't feel that in games nowadays.
Haven and adrift are good Maps. Daybreak and vertigo, ESPECIALLY vertigo with the electric shock H4 had good maps but not enough people apreciate or play them with the right games
I think the new Halo esports thing run by 343i, Halo 5 being stated again and again to be returning to its competitive roots, and even hiring MLG players to work over at 343i shows they realized that casual Halo is not what people want. Halo 4 may have been necessary for them to realize this, but at least its all behind us. Halo 4 may end up being the best thing to happen to Halo since if they do Halo 5 justice, they wont ever return to that awful gameplay again. Halo 4 population numbers speak for the vast majority. The casual audience comes and goes like the wind, and a smaller but dedicated fanbase is better then a casual one 5 times the size without question. Which is a irrelevant thing to say considering all the Halo games had tons and tons of players, competitive Halo wont ever have a small population until the game has been out a couple years. Anyone who thinks the gameplay needs modernized are the same people who are playing completely different games every other month, the controller has had nearly the same amount of buttons since original Xbox just because you dont run accross the map in under a minute and cant instantly respawn after dieing does not mean the game has dated. It just means you gotta stop being a -Yoink-.
I really like halo 4, despite the criticisms.
Crayz Paul wrote:
Duuuhh wrote:

We'll just have to wait and see man...
That gonna get removed soon...

It is disheartening though.
Duuuhh wrote:

*sigh* Yeah..... Just saw that. :(
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 6