Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Halo MC collection Spartan ops

OP RABIH117

Did anyone else see halo 4 spartan ops on the video for the master chief collection? I'm guessing this will also run on dedicated servers as well? Has there been a confirmation?

Would be cool too is they added a season 2 bu I highly doubt it.
Quote:
Did anyone else see halo 4 spartan ops on the video for the master chief collection?
I'm guessing it will be there as Spartan Ops is a significant part of the expanded Halo universe.

Quote:
I'm guessing this will also run on dedicated servers as well? Has there been a confirmation?

Would be cool too is they added a season 2 bu I highly doubt it.
My best guess would be that it will be on dedicated servers for a better cooperative experience for all players but like you I'm unsure it there has been any confirmation on this. As for a second season of Spartan Ops? I believe Frankie stated on NeoGAF a while ago that they are not going to be making a second season as of yet though its completely possible that we'll see another season with Halo 5 but that is just some speculation to think on.
I saw Spartan Ops there as well.

I'm doubting Spartan Ops season 2 will happen, something of that magnitude I think would have been mentioned during the announcement, although it would be nice.

I'm hoping they will take the opportunity to put some "Firefight" options in as user selectable options in Spartan Ops. So by default Spartan Ops would play "as shipped" in Halo 4, but players would have the option to turn on some of the features ODST and Reach firefight had, such as a limited life pool, skulls, in-game medals, in-game scoring, infinite waves (game ends when life-pool runs out, not when time expires), random weapons, random enemy waves, bonus rounds, etc.

One thing I noticed, in the IGN interview with 343, when they got to the multiplayer menu, it says "Competitive or Co-operative Online | Spartan Ops". I realize the menus are a "work in progress", but that seems an odd wording to me - like it's three different things. Which would beg the question of what is "co-operative online". Coop campaign? Firefight? Or is it just saying that "co-operative online is Spartan Ops"? The line between "online" and "spartan ops" makes me question it.

DesPaws