Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Halo MCC - Halo 3 and Halo 4 Armor Mix and Match

OP SCORPIO7188

Now that Halo REACH has been incorporated into the Master Chief Collection, there are still some things I would like to see fixed.

1.) Halo 3 - Missing Mixing and Matching armor customization. The armor is still in sets. The old version on the Xbox 360 let the player mix and match the respective armor.

2.) Halo 4 - Same issue listed above about Halo 3.

Let me know what you think. Are you satisfied with armor for Halo 3 and 4? I would like to see it fixed to the way it was.

Cheers,

SCORPIO7188
This is already known that they're looking into it. Might even be tied to seasons. Either way, 343i is aware people want this.
Lord Vipes wrote:
This is already known that they're looking into it. Might even be tied to seasons. Either way, 343i is aware people want this.
I agree. I'm sure they do know but we've got to keep the conversation going about this issue by reminding 343 of the changes we would like to see.

Cheers,

SCORPIO7188
I’ll make sure to use the flaming head while I still have access.
Now that Halo REACH has been incorporated into the Master Chief Collection, there are still some things I would like to see fixed.

1.) Halo 3 - Missing Mixing and Matching armor customization. The armor is still in sets. The old version on the Xbox 360 let the player mix and match the respective armor.

Let me know what you think. Are you satisfied with armor for Halo 3 and 4? I would like to see it fixed to the way it was.

Cheers,

SCORPIO7188
Definitely. Maybe they can use the same engine used for Reach customization for the others.

Second: I would also love if the DLC armor was returned in 4. Mark V and ODST are my top two and I can’t use them in the MCC!

Third: I want to add an armor set to my avatar. I miss that from Reach and 4. You could cycle through players in a lobby and see their armor sets. I want to show off when I get cool looking armor. In matches, we hardly even notice the sets. Since it’s a collection, we should be able to pick a set from either 3, 4, or Reach. The little picture for your avatar isn’t the same.

Cheers,

SCORPIO7188
Definitely. Maybe they can use the same engine used for Reach customization for the others.

Second: I would also love if the DLC armor was returned in 4. Mark V and ODST are my top two and I can’t use them in the MCC!

Third: I want to add an armor set to my avatar. I miss that from Reach and 4. You could cycle through players in a lobby and see their armor sets. I want to show off when I get cool looking armor. In matches, we hardly even notice the sets. Since it’s a collection, we should be able to pick a set from either 3, 4, or Reach. The little picture for your avatar isn’t the same.
You're right! That's a good idea. Armor for your avatar like in the original version of Reach. That was really cool! Also, I did not know that MCC was missing armor from Halo 4. Thanks for commenting!

Cheers,

SCORPIO7188

Cheers,

SCORPIO7188

You're right! That's a good idea. Armor for your avatar like in the original version of Reach. That was really cool! Also, I did not know that MCC was missing armor from Halo 4. Thanks for commenting!

Cheers,

SCORPIO7188
Yeah, I’ve always noticed that Halo 4 lacks all the armor options. 3 sets of armor were added with the Champion’s bundle DLC. Mark V, ODST, and Prefect.

I’m not sure how realistic the idea of adding armor to our avatar is. The MCC is already running so many engines and the customization isn’t even rendered until we enter a match (that’s why Reach requires a whole engine just for customization) but we can still hope. I definitely don’t see why they wouldn’t add full customization to Halo 3 and 4 though. I’m sure it’s a matter of time. Maybe for future seasons?
You do know the flame head completely gives you away with active camouflage. You go into camo but the flame stays there
You do know the flame head completely gives you away with active camouflage. You go into camo but the flame stays there
Always worth it for the laughs on your end. Provided your not on my team.
As others have speculated, maybe this will come with each game's respective season.

I don't think they will re-lock the armor sets we have access to now, but I could see them making the individual pieces what we unlock in a future season.

Maybe it'll be like... "Pick up MCC for the first time? You can wear any full set of armor. Want to customize the armor further or re-create your Spartan from 2007/2012? You'll have to earn the armor in the season." Or perhaps they will re-lock the armor and have use earn it during the season. Who knows.
Lord Vipes wrote:
REALLY??!?! I hope so
It sounds so important to some on Halo Reach but it's the same for Halo 3 and Halo 4.
I hope that customization will also come for these two games because they deserve it just as much.