Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Halo: MCC- change name to Halo: Legacy Collection

OP Slayerkodi

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
I think they could really make this game revolutionary by adding everything into this game and make it ongoing.
Halo 5 added aswel as reach would be great. Why don't they just keep supporting MCC by releasing the last halo on the MCC when they release a new one. Eg. Add halo 6 to MCC when they release halo 7, add halo 3 anniversary if they decide to do that and so on. I mean if everything is digital and they keep backwards compatibility for all future consoles then they could adapt the games to newer consoles and keep it going....
Slayerkodi wrote:
I think they could really make this game revolutionary by adding everything into this game and make it ongoing.
Halo 5 added aswel as reach would be great. Why don't they just keep supporting MCC by releasing the last halo on the MCC when they release a new one. Eg. Add halo 6 to MCC when they release halo 7, add halo 3 anniversary if they decide to do that and so on. I mean if everything is digital and they keep backwards compatibility for all future consoles then they could adapt the games to newer consoles and keep it going....
You do realize that Halo 5 is completely different game that runs on it's own engine? If they add Halo 5 and others to MCC, say good bye to your storage in your Xbox.
Slayerkodi wrote:
You do realize that Halo 5 is completely different game that runs on it's own engine? If they add Halo 5 and others to MCC, say good bye to your storage in your Xbox.
I agree with your post except for one thing when the MCC fixes are done the storage space will be less. Last year Microsoft introduced a new feature where you can install certain parts of said game. This generally revolves around new games in development. Since the MCC is getting a whole new UI it's an exception. One feature will be you can select the language you want to play in. Believe me on this audio is a huge chunk of the storage on your hard drive. I figure will here more details in the summer what 343 plans to do with the MCC in regard to this feature.
I get the install size will be bigger, but halo 5 alone is 100gb so if you add that to MCC it's no different than having it installed separately same with each game. I personally plan to collect all the FPS halo games and would love to have on one disk - obvs if you want to only install 3 & 5 then you should have the option to
And I thought adding Reach would be crazy enough....
And I thought adding Reach would be crazy enough....
Exactly and reading what OP wants in MCC, they call me nuts :P
I don't see how it's nuts, surely all our newest consoles will have BC so this could be easier than having a million diff copies of halo, all nice and neat in one collection. Plus if they decided to do this it would mean this would have ongoing support for years to come so this game would be tightened up in every way possible. Also if they said they have a way you download the parts you want to make size smaller then that would be ideal too - just install the ones you want and switch up if you need to.
do you really need every halo in one game?? a decent legacy collection should only contain every Bungie Halo and thats it, imo...
plus its completely unnecessary, just launch H5 from your hard drive, do you even realise how difficult technically-wise that would be?
I don't think it would be hard to (for now) change it from launching H5 beta to launching H5 if you already have it installed.
No its a ridiculous request. Lets just be hopeful to get reach.
Ok lol, I could settle for that plus all multiplayer maps for all halo before H5
Seems like a great way to repeat the code issues that the MCC has right now, adding more games makes no sense at all. You either do it stand alone style or not at all with me.
What you don't get is if they decided to do this - the game would have ongoing support over many years to come so all these issues would obviously be fixed lol
Slayerkodi wrote:
Agree but Halo 5 does not run on a new engine. It is the same engine, just heavily modified.

Like how Fallout 4 uses the same engine from Morrowind/Oblivion/Skyrim, but heavily modified.
Slayerkodi wrote:
Agree but Halo 5 does not run on a new engine. It is the same engine, just heavily modified.

Like how Fallout 4 uses the same engine from Morrowind/Oblivion/Skyrim, but heavily modified.
Hasn't the same engine been used since Reach?
Slayerkodi wrote:

Hasn't the same engine been used since Reach?
Yes, and reach uses a modified Halo 3 engine.
Slayerkodi wrote:
wrong halo 5 has same engine , halo never changed it engine it been the same since halo ce but halo 5 is an highly modified engine but obviously halo 5 will not be on halo mcc
Looking at the new menu I think seeing reach and H5 in the menu would top it all off, I really do think this idea has massive potential and I reckon a lot of other games would probably follow suit. Also I had an idea, how about when waiting in the lobby searching for players - you could put us in a lobby where we can run around and throw grenades while waiting for players to join so it's not so tedious if it takes longer than expected. Just an idea....
Say goodbye to your hard drive then, and why would 343 release Halo 5 to mcc if its not a remaster? Just play the original...
Doesn't need to be a remaster - I have enough memory thank you very much
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3