Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Halo: MCC- change name to Halo: Legacy Collection

OP Slayerkodi

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Come on... All we really want is Spartan Assault and Spartan Strike on the MCC. :P
The game is already massive as it is. Don't forget it's the size of the game itself that led to all the glitches in the first place. Adding more games will only make the work being done to fix the current problems moot because more problems would arise.
KayMrt wrote:
The game is already massive as it is. Don't forget it's the size of the game itself that led to all the glitches in the first place. Adding more games will only make the work being done to fix the current problems moot because more problems would arise.
Fully agree. MCC is huge already. Now were waiting on full on update later this year? Ya...No, Keep all the non MCC games to themselves. No need to include H5, H6 and the other Halo Spartan Ops games. K.I.S.S.!!!
I like where this is going: a common top menu that provides access and stats to all the Halo games (main series)!

With intelligent install, the space requirements should not be an issue. As well, the multiple engines is not an issue: the main game would just be a launcher to each individual title.

Even better, also incorporate the Halo Channel (videos etc...) into the game so all content is in one coherent place (with that nice new menu)!
Or, "Halo: Definitive Collection".

Fit with the Microsoft theme for other games.

As well, make it an XBox Play Anywhere title.
Adding Halo 5 to the Master Chief Collection is just a stupid idea, there's no reason to do it.
Slayerkodi wrote:
I think they could really make this game revolutionary by adding everything into this game and make it ongoing.
Halo 5 added aswel as reach would be great. Why don't they just keep supporting MCC by releasing the last halo on the MCC when they release a new one. Eg. Add halo 6 to MCC when they release halo 7, add halo 3 anniversary if they decide to do that and so on. I mean if everything is digital and they keep backwards compatibility for all future consoles then they could adapt the games to newer consoles and keep it going....
You do realize that Halo 5 is completely different game that runs on it's own engine? If they add Halo 5 and others to MCC, say good bye to your storage in your Xbox.
Funny joke Microsoft pulled, bundling Halo MCC and Halo 5 on a 500GB Xbox One S...
Delta5931 wrote:
Slayerkodi wrote:
I think they could really make this game revolutionary by adding everything into this game and make it ongoing.
Halo 5 added aswel as reach would be great. Why don't they just keep supporting MCC by releasing the last halo on the MCC when they release a new one. Eg. Add halo 6 to MCC when they release halo 7, add halo 3 anniversary if they decide to do that and so on. I mean if everything is digital and they keep backwards compatibility for all future consoles then they could adapt the games to newer consoles and keep it going....
You do realize that Halo 5 is completely different game that runs on it's own engine? If they add Halo 5 and others to MCC, say good bye to your storage in your Xbox.
Funny joke Microsoft pulled, bundling Halo MCC and Halo 5 on a 500GB Xbox One S...
Which is why they are building in the ability to install individual parts!
I think they would also have to add the spartan games.
I wouldn't want the Spartan games added but in the long run if this idea is feasable I could see it happening, wouldn't bother me as I just simply wouldn't install them, I just mainly want all halo FPS in one place, halo Reach is the only halo FPS left that's not there and that's just.... Incomplete. Also it obviously needs 60fps update, but I understand why people are complaining we have halo 4 but not reach when it's a way better game.
Come on... All we really want is Spartan Assault and Spartan Strike on the MCC. :P
I really want this too. I loved spartan assault on 360 so much I bought it on xbox 1 as well. But spartan strike isn't on consoles, as far as I know u can only get it on touch screen devices like ipads, Windows devices etc. I really want to play it with a controller on my xbox. And adding reach to mcc would be amazing. Please add reach and find a way for me to play spartan strike on my xbox 1
dredg 117 wrote:
I really want this too. I loved spartan assault on 360 so much I bought it on xbox 1 as well. But spartan strike isn't on consoles, as far as I know u can only get it on touch screen devices like ipads, Windows devices etc. I really want to play it with a controller on my xbox. And adding reach to mcc would be amazing. Please add reach and find a way for me to play spartan strike on my xbox 1
I would like to see it on Xbox One as well! I think it'd be better to make a Halo: Spartan Series Collection for both top down shooters (as well as any future additions to the series). Keep each category of game (FPS, top down shooter, RTS) separate.
dredg 117 wrote:
I would like to see it on Xbox One as well! I think it'd be better to make a Halo: Spartan Series Collection for both top down shooters (as well as any future additions to the series). Keep each category of game (FPS, top down shooter, RTS) separate.
I just really want to play spartan strike on xbox 1, I don't really care if it's added to mcc or not. Ild pay $20 right now for a xbox 1 digital version of spartan strike. 343 make it happen, take my money
Or, "Halo: Definitive Collection".

Fit with the Microsoft theme for other games.

As well, make it an XBox Play Anywhere title.
I like this!
The intent of the collection isn't the fact that the games are all on one disk, but that they're all playable on Xbox One, they just happened to have them collected under one banner. Not only would it require an incredible amount of footwork, it doesn't seem all that worth it to have one less disc.
The intent of the collection isn't the fact that the games are all on one disk, but that they're all playable on Xbox One, they just happened to have them collected under one banner. Not only would it require an incredible amount of footwork, it doesn't seem all that worth it to have one less disc.
It's not about the disks, it's about consolidating the player base for multiplayer to ensure there are enough to host games. As well, if it is one massive title, it will likely retain developer support for longer and have a higher chance of being released for PC.
Exactly!
It's not about the disks, it's about consolidating the player base for multiplayer to ensure there are enough to host games. As well, if it is one massive title, it will likely retain developer support for longer and have a higher chance of being released for PC.
Exactly
dredg 117 wrote:
While I agree that Spartan Strike needs an Xbox One port, you do know you can play it with an Xbox controller on your PC.
Slayerkodi wrote:
No 4 games is enough as it is. Anymore is really pushing it
Adding 5 would be redundant. Adding Reach and ODST Firefight would be able to fulfill one of 343's secondary goals with MCC, to bring all of the previous gen Halo titles to one modern console in their entirety, but 5 already exists on a modern console, is up to par in every aspect of a standalone game on that console, already runs at 1080p 60fps, and is already 100 gigs alone.

Adding on to everything I just stated, including another game would split the population even more. Multiplayer would now become a 7 way split, with CE, 2, 2A, 3, Reach, 4, and 5 all having their own playlists. Quite honestly, I don't even fully support adding in Reach anymore because that would even be too much of a split. The game would be completely divided between casual players splitting into Reach, 4, or 2A, and competitive players splitting into CE, 2, or 3. A remaster in the spirit of CEA or 2A would be perfectly fine.

MCC was only meant to include the Master Chief Saga up to 2014, a year prior to Halo 5's release. Couple that with the fact that it is completely functional on the Xbox One in 1080p 60fps as a standalone game (minus some bugs and glitches people complain about), there is no way to justify adding Halo 5 to the Master Chief Collection. Just buy Halo 5 and be done with it. All it takes is quitting out of MCC and starting up 5 from your dashboard.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3