1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
Will people go back and play mcc again after this patch? What do you guys think?
I firmly believe there'll be a big player base returning, with that update.

There are some really hardcore fans, who found the game unplayable, stopped playing and probs moved on. Most never thought such an update would happen, so i could imagine those who holds the MCC collection close to their heart (Me included, god that's my childhood in HD!) would play the hell outta it.

There'll ofcourse be a large portion that won't be returning, since their faith in 343 is totally destroyed tho.

However i do believe MCC will thrive, with the 2018 update!
KenniTDG wrote:

There are some really hardcore fans, who found the game unplayable, stopped playing and probs moved on. Most never thought such an update would happen, so i could imagine those who holds the MCC collection close to their heart (Me included, god that's my childhood in HD!) would play the hell outta it.

There'll ofcourse be a large portion that won't be returning, since their faith in 343 is totally destroyed tho.

Hopefully its a Games With Gold game shortly after. That will help population.
fizzy14 wrote:
Will people go back and play mcc again after this patch? What do you guys think?
Yes! I believe the population will be healthy and greater than Halo 5 from the time the update goes live til Halo 6's release. That is assuming the update fixes everything that needs to be fixed
I think people will return, Halo is Halo. Im excited to see what MCC will add to their update. I love the whole Halo lore.
Depends on what the update does. It may increase the population some but I am betting not that much. Unless they bring in more separate playlist, that will help the population the most. I stopped playing MCC due to no FFA and H3 always wins the vote in BTB even though it has aged the worse and ALL other BTB plays better than H3, yes even H4. I maih want to play HCE and H2 in BTB.
I think people will return, Halo is Halo. Im excited to see what MCC will add to their update. I love the whole Halo lore.
I agree. People will return to see if bugs have been fixed and to see if their experience is better than when MCC first came out.

LethalQ wrote:
Depends on what the update does. It may increase the population some but I am betting not that much. Unless they bring in more separate playlist, that will help the population the most. I stopped playing MCC due to no FFA and H3 always wins the vote in BTB even though it has aged the worse and ALL other BTB plays better than H3, yes even H4. I maih want to play HCE and H2 in BTB.
I think you'll be surprised. With that being said, I too will be disappointed if we don't get a FFA Playlist and a Halo CE Team Slayer Playlist. I'd also like the ability to go into unranked playlists with friends and guests like you could in Halo 3 Social Playlists. I could play Rumble Pit with seven other players if I wanted to and it was never an issue
i'll definetly come back to see what the update does. hoping for fixing most of the bugs and separeting playlist. maybe even change the MM system to a system similar to titanfall / CS:GO (where you can choose what you're searching for) ... i know, high hopes, but one can dream.

but even if my hopes are not met, i'll come back on a regular basis, bc i love classic halo and i'm still playing MCC from time to time
LethalQ wrote:
They did originally have Rumble Pit, but was taken out because of how low the population was.
Finally reinstalled mcc, Literally cant find anyone on h2a!
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Will the MCC update fix the crashes over half way through the campaign during Halo 4 where the XBox suddenly makes a buzzing sound and the load bar goes about 3/4 the way along the screen then everything stops? I always have to restart Halo 4 from the beginning and was gutted by the experience. I have never been able to complete MCC because of this.
Will the MCC update fix the crashes over half way through the campaign during Halo 4 where the XBox suddenly makes a buzzing sound and the load bar goes about 3/4 the way along the screen then everything stops? I always have to restart Halo 4 from the beginning and was gutted by the experience. I have never been able to complete MCC because of this.
This happened to me on halo 2 anniversary :(
People won't forget what a -Yoinking!- mess the MCC has been over the past few years but if it gets fixed, the sky is the limit. Especially if the cross title playlist debacle alone were addressed I believe the population will return.
Even most of those die hard Halo fans that said they would never play again will for sure be back if the game works properly when the patch drops.
My only campaign wish is that they would tone down the H2 LASO playlist, such as removing certain skulls, maybe even making the playlist on Heroic instead, since Legendary is near-impossible even without the added skulls.

For multiplayer, I would like the removal of cross-game playlists and more playlists for each individual game. Also ODST Firefight.
Nooga wrote:
KenniTDG wrote:

That would do the game some great good, if they put it on Games with gold!

It would be so nice, to see large numbers of players on MCC.
If 343 does keep to their word about fixing and updating the MCC, then they have got a LOT of work to do. I've been flipflopping as to whether or not I should even keep my Xbox One just to see if MCC gets its update (and I know it won't be until spring of next year, March being the earliest possible month). To repeat a quote I had said in the thread where Frank O'Connor explained what went wrong with Halo MCC, it sounds like they should have just done Halo 2 Anniversary on its own. Had they known that the Xbox One would get backwards compatibility with Xbox 360 games, the whole collection idea would have been scrapped.
They said in the last video that they are working on fixing it. I have no issue waiting for the fix. I think this will be addressed before releasing the next halo game
it will get better population but but as much as halp 5 unfortunately
Nooga wrote:
KenniTDG wrote:

This would be amazing. It would probably also make 343 / MS more long term money, too, with the series.

I'll play either way, for sure.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6