Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] Halo MCC 2018 patch

OP fizzy14

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 8
We still don't get custom servers or a release on steam. If the progression systems are going to be completely missing I'd like to have a server browser THAT DOESN'T NEED TO BE CONSTANTLY OCCUPIED BY A HOST
dpancakes wrote:
Has anyone heard anything about when the update might release? Like late 2018 or mid?
Spring
To be clear, "Spring" is just for the fixes/overhaul. The Xbox One X enhancements are coming later. At least that's how they made it sound when initially announced all this.
dpancakes wrote:
Has anyone heard anything about when the update might release? Like late 2018 or mid?
Spring
To be clear, "Spring" is just for the fixes/overhaul. The Xbox One X enhancements are coming later. At least that's how they made it sound when initially announced all this.
I am pretty sure they said spring to fix and improve the game and making it Xbox one x enhanced in the halo stream back then in October
dpancakes wrote:
Spring
I am pretty sure they said spring to fix and improve the game and making it Xbox one x enhanced in the halo stream back then in October
Hopefully we get some news soon about what exactly they plan on doing, ske7ch said they'd be releasing some news some time in January. So we'll see...
I am playing it again just in excitement for a patch. Thing is, I am out of gold so wont be in matchmaking.
Do we know any update on the patch for MCC?
Sinfvl wrote:
dpancakes wrote:
Spring
Hopefully we get some news soon about what exactly they plan on doing, ske7ch said they'd be releasing some news some time in January. So we'll see...
Well tick tock, they have until next week..
They'd not only have to fix all the broken bugs/glitched, but they would also have to revamp the matchmaking playlist. I've seen plenty of other people wanting them to split up the games and playlists a little more so people can play what they want.

I personally, on top of all the above, would like to see more of a variety in maps chosen. All the multiplayer maps were supposed to be included with the MCC. However, I always saw the same 325 three to five maps being played overall. Not only were we missing out on maps that shipped with the original games, we were also missing out on awesome DLC maps. If everyone has those Maps now with the MCC, there should be no reason why they're missing from matchmaking.

I sold my Halo 5 game about 6 months ago. Nothing would make me happier to see the MCC get an overhaul that brings in a decent player base so I can play the Halo games I enjoy. With 343i's track record, I'm not holding my breath though. Hoping to be proven wrong. It's not like I want the game to fail.
They should add a feature for halo ce where you have a option to have the original sounds and hud for multiplayer and for campaign when you change to classic it has the original sounds hud and music like halo 2 anniversary.
I personally, on top of all the above, would like to see more of a variety in maps chosen. All the multiplayer maps were supposed to be included with the MCC. However, I always saw the same 325 three to five maps being played overall. Not only were we missing out on maps that shipped with the original games, we were also missing out on awesome DLC maps. If everyone has those Maps now with the MCC, there should be no reason why they're missing from matchmaking.
Are you talking about matchmaking? Because I can't think of any maps that are missing in the game.
Jestzer wrote:
Are you talking about matchmaking? Because I can't think of any maps that are missing in the game.
Sorry I wasn't clear. I meant you only saw the same three to five maps in matchmaking. They were all available on customs, but they didn't seem to be in the rotation of normal maps in matchmaking.
They should add a feature for halo ce where you have a option to have the original sounds and hud for both multiplayer and campaign.
Yeah i was wondering why they changed the hud.
I play it from time to time. I would play a lot more if it would be better supported. Halo 5 is a horrible game. I dont consider it Halo.
They'd not only have to fix all the broken bugs/glitched, but they would also have to revamp the matchmaking playlist. I've seen plenty of other people wanting them to split up the games and playlists a little more so people can play what they want.

I sold my Halo 5 game about 6 months ago. Nothing would make me happier to see the MCC get an overhaul that brings in a decent player base so I can play the Halo games I enjoy. With 343i's track record, I'm not holding my breath though. Hoping to be proven wrong. It's not like I want the game to fail.
I agree, i feel like 343 purposefully left the MCC in this state so that people would buy and move on to H5, they do not realize that no true halo fans like that game. I dispise Halo 5. Just make MCC work the way it should and I'll be happy.
Turtle3000 wrote:

I agree, i feel like 343 purposefully left the MCC in this state so that people would buy and move on to H5, they do not realize that no true halo fans like that game. I dispise Halo 5. Just make MCC work the way it should and I'll be happy.
> No true Halo fans.

Yo, one right here, playing since CE and a Halo mega nerd, and I actually liked Halo 5's multiplayer. Felt a lot better than Halo 4. The only issue I had was the campaign. It was like a reverse Halo 4. Rather than a good campaign and bad multiplayer, they had a bad campaign and good multiplayer. And they already explained why they left the MCC in the state it was. This isn't some conspiracy.
I cant wait to go back and play this game with all of you. I'm gunna kill you a lot... I'm gunna die a lot... lets do this!
KenniTDG wrote:
I firmly believe there'll be a big player base returning, with that update.

There are some really hardcore fans, who found the game unplayable, stopped playing and probs moved on. Most never thought such an update would happen, so i could imagine those who holds the MCC collection close to their heart (Me included, god that's my childhood in HD!) would play the hell outta it.

There'll ofcourse be a large portion that won't be returning, since their faith in 343 is totally destroyed tho.

However i do believe MCC will thrive, with the 2018 update!
Took the words out of my mouth.
- hardcore fan
- never thought this would happen, then it did, then it was broken, then I never thought it would be fixed..... emotional rollercoaster

As a grown man who, no matter how I sound on here, is sane; the news of this games release kept me restless... it really affected me, because it was around for so much of my childhood... I have friends still that I met on halo 2. When this multiplayer was found to be bad my friends and I spent months in those horrible ques.... day after day after day.... I'm sure they will fix it. I'm sure they will fix it. Imagine how much you have to beat someone down before they let go of something they love. My friends and I eventually let go. We were very mad.... we still bought halo 5.... we still had fun.... But there's still times where we talk about MCC and how we wish it would have worked.... To hear news of 343 doing this. I think it means there has to be people still there that have the same soft spot for this game.

I hope that if all this works out we, as a halo community, can come back full force and support this game. We will reap the rewards if we do.

See you online. Let's play some Lockout.
Turtle3000 wrote:
...they do not realize that no true halo fans like that game....
Just because I like something you don't or vice-versa, doesn't mean I am not a fan or are in some way less of a fan of the franchise than you are. There is no such thing as a "true" halo fan.
Turtle3000 wrote:

To be honest, I loved Halo 5 campaign story. What I didn't like at all is the Files found in the game, it had no meaning.
Vhiesu wrote:
KenniTDG wrote:
I firmly believe there'll be a big player base returning, with that update.

There are some really hardcore fans, who found the game unplayable, stopped playing and probs moved on. Most never thought such an update would happen, so i could imagine those who holds the MCC collection close to their heart (Me included, god that's my childhood in HD!) would play the hell outta it.

There'll ofcourse be a large portion that won't be returning, since their faith in 343 is totally destroyed tho.

However i do believe MCC will thrive, with the 2018 update!
Took the words out of my mouth.
- hardcore fan
- never thought this would happen, then it did, then it was broken, then I never thought it would be fixed..... emotional rollercoaster

As a grown man who, no matter how I sound on here, is sane; the news of this games release kept me restless... it really affected me, because it was around for so much of my childhood... I have friends still that I met on halo 2. When this multiplayer was found to be bad my friends and I spent months in those horrible ques.... day after day after day.... I'm sure they will fix it. I'm sure they will fix it. Imagine how much you have to beat someone down before they let go of something they love. My friends and I eventually let go. We were very mad.... we still bought halo 5.... we still had fun.... But there's still times where we talk about MCC and how we wish it would have worked.... To hear news of 343 doing this. I think it means there has to be people still there that have the same soft spot for this game.

I hope that if all this works out we, as a halo community, can come back full force and support this game. We will reap the rewards if we do.

See you online. Let's play some Lockout.
That is me right there... I am a grown man also, it does feel silly even getting angry about it, but Halo was and is a big part of who we are. It would be so awesome to have the glory days back with Halo MCC. It is working better than at launch for sure, but it does need a helluva lot more work.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 8