Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Halo MCC after the release of Infinite.

OP Esquival

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Do you believe The Halo Master Chief Collection will be supported after the launch of Halo Infinite?
I'd like to think a small team of people will be watching over the game after Halo: Infinite releases, like Halo 5: Guardians.
i believe the hardcore Halo fans will be playing MCC, or people that wait for the little bugs to be fixed. after that? dead game? for respect i'll switch in between the games
Halo Infinite will simply join the MCC on the Series X and support would continue.
Halo Infinite will simply join the MCC on the Series X and support would continue.
That’s not going to happen. MCC & Infinite are going to be separate titles.
MCC is a collection of the older games in one place.
Halo Infinite is going to be the platform for Halo’s future for the ten(ish) years.

Esquival wrote:
Do you believe The Halo Master Chief Collection will be supported after the launch of Halo Infinite?
A while back I believe it was said that once MCC reaches season 10 343 would be evaluating if it’s worth continuing releasing content for MCC or not.
If not, there will likely be a small live team that looks after the game just like Halo 5 currently has.
They’ll deal with playlist rotations and such.
TheDonCJG wrote:
Halo Infinite is going to be the platform for Halo’s future for the ten(ish) years.

Esquival wrote:
A while back I believe it was said that once MCC reaches season 10 343 would be evaluating if it’s worth continuing releasing content for MCC or not.
If not, there will likely be a small live team that looks after the game just like Halo 5 currently has.
The rule of MCC is that ALL good Halo Games that feature MCPO John-S117 are to be in the collection. Hence why Halo 5 is being denied. Should Infinite be a great game, it will be bundled with the collection in some form or another, whether in a two-disc set Physically or actually merged with the MCC further down the line.

And on your second point I would like to point out that 343 is focusing HEAVILY on Halo 3's armory additions from the cut game of Halo Online. So far we have received only 18 of the Halo Online Spartan sets and 7 of the Elite Sets... in a game where we have confirmed over 100 NEW armor sets (meaning new designs that weren't already in H4 and H5G).
Put simply, 343 is going to support MCC for a good long time for Halo 3's sake.

I only hope that the cut-content of Halo Reach and Halo 4 gets to be fully restored and put into the MCC versions sometime sooner or later.
TheDonCJG wrote:

Esquival wrote:
The rule of MCC is that ALL good Halo Games that feature MCPO John-S117 are to be in the collection. Hence why Halo 5 is being denied. Should Infinite be a great game, it will be bundled with the collection in some form or another, whether in a two-disc set Physically or actually merged with the MCC further down the line.

And on your second point I would like to point out that 343 is focusing HEAVILY on Halo 3's armory additions from the cut game of Halo Online. So far we have received only 18 of the Halo Online Spartan sets and 7 of the Elite Sets... in a game where we have confirmed over 100 NEW armor sets (meaning new designs that weren't already in H4 and H5G).

I only hope that the cut-content of Halo Reach and Halo 4 gets to be fully restored and put into the MCC versions sometime sooner or later.
I’m not saying Halo MCC & Infinite may not get bundled together but they’re not going to be on the same disk or count as the same game. Because they’re not.

As for content that could come to MCC I’m sure there is loads and loads. However you’re completely disregarding the point that 343 have said they will be evaluating wether they should support the game further or not. 10 Seasons was the only thing they’ve promised, anything after that isn’t locked in to the roadmap of the game.
There’s no point doing another bunch of seasons over years to come if the player see if the game is going to be significantly less - which it will when Infinite releases.
TheDonCJG wrote:
TheDonCJG wrote:

Esquival wrote:

I’m not saying Halo MCC & Infinite may not get bundled together but they’re not going to be on the same disk or count as the same game. Because they’re not.

As for content that could come to MCC I’m sure there is loads and loads. However you’re completely disregarding the point that 343 have said they will be evaluating wether they should support the game further or not. 10 Seasons was the only thing they’ve promised, anything after that isn’t locked in to the roadmap of the game.
There’s no point doing another bunch of seasons over years to come if the player see if the game is going to be significantly less - which it will when Infinite releases.
Halo 5 Guardians still gets players even though most fans play MCC, especially after the bug-fixes and updates the game has gotten. I see MCC as the Fortnite of the Halo Fans. We have seasons that are promised, but then we are going to enter a phase where we go beyond what was planned. My only worry is will we have to pay for these other Seasons in order to keep support for MCC going? I am worried about that since some seasons will be arguably overpriced then.
TheDonCJG wrote:
TheDonCJG wrote:

Esquival wrote:

Halo 5 Guardians still gets players even though most fans play MCC, especially after the bug-fixes and updates the game has gotten. I see MCC as the Fortnite of the Halo Fans. We have seasons that are promised, but then we are going to enter a phase where we go beyond what was planned. My only worry is will we have to pay for these other Seasons in order to keep support for MCC going? I am worried about that since some seasons will be arguably overpriced then.
Halo 5 & MCC have their own set of fan base. The thing is when Infinite releases those player groups are likely to converges. Leaving both games in a lower population state. Not to say that everyone is going to move to Halo Infinite but a lot will consider it’s a free to play game and has literally zero barrier to entry for any player.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to see more content for MCC. However I don’t realistically see it happening, that’s from my opinion after seeing other games give up supporting older titles once a new game has been released. Times move on, that’s just the way it is.

As for a paid option for seasons in MCC. Possibly but considering that game has been Microtransaction free since launch, adding them in for seasonal support is definitely a middle ground and could work.
But we come back to the idea of population, how many people are playing the game at that point & how many of those propel are going to put down the cash to buy it too.
Then are you buying the season to earn all items immediately or buying the season to then complete challenges to earn the items? Something like that requires some thought and overhauling to the system.
TheDonCJG wrote:
TheDonCJG wrote:
TheDonCJG wrote:

Esquival wrote:

Halo 5 & MCC have their own set of fan base. The thing is when Infinite releases those player groups are likely to converges. Leaving both games in a lower population state. Not to say that everyone is going to move to Halo Infinite but a lot will consider it’s a free to play game and has literally zero barrier to entry for any player.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to see more content for MCC. However I don’t realistically see it happening, that’s from my opinion after seeing other games give up supporting older titles once a new game has been released. Times move on, that’s just the way it is.

As for a paid option for seasons in MCC. Possibly but considering that game has been Microtransaction free since launch, adding them in for seasonal support is definitely a middle ground and could work.
But we come back to the idea of population, how many people are playing the game at that point & how many of those propel are going to put down the cash to buy it too.
Then are you buying the season to earn all items immediately or buying the season to then complete challenges to earn the items? Something like that requires some thought and overhauling to the system.
This is all dependant on if Halo Infinite is going to be good at launch and immediate-post-launch content and errors. For all we know, it might end up being like Halo 4; which had barely any players after six months.
TheDonCJG wrote:
TheDonCJG wrote:
TheDonCJG wrote:

Esquival wrote:

This is all dependant on if Halo Infinite is going to be good at launch and immediate-post-launch content and errors. For all we know, it might end up being like Halo 4; which had barely any players after six months.
After playing in the tech test and seeing the positive reactions online people are excited for this game.
343i would have had a extra 16 months of development time by the time this game releases. The game is in a good state.

People have been waiting for a new Halo game for almost 6 years. I struggle to see a mass exodus of players leaving Infinite if it comes out a bit rough around the edges.
TheDonCJG wrote:
TheDonCJG wrote:
TheDonCJG wrote:

Esquival wrote:

Maybe but that was partly due to the max ranks being pretty easy to get and the backlash of the game at the time so the game basically killed itself due to the poor reception and the short leveling system. Anyway I doubt that'll lead to same problems with Infinite since mostly heard positives about the Infinite flight due to the lack of complaints plus did add ridiculous ranks to both Halo 5 and MCC so doubt there'll make the same mistake as Halo 4 on the 360.
ronnie42 wrote:
TheDonCJG wrote:
TheDonCJG wrote:
TheDonCJG wrote:

Esquival wrote:

Maybe but that was partly due to the max ranks being pretty easy to get and the backlash of the game at the time so the game basically killed itself due to the poor reception and the short leveling system. Anyway I doubt that'll lead to same problems with Infinite since mostly heard positives about the Infinite flight due to the lack of complaints plus did add ridiculous ranks to both Halo 5 and MCC so doubt there'll make the same mistake as Halo 4 on the 360.
It was mostly the disturbing loadouts and the fact that there was no Ranked modes for the more hard-core fans to enjoy. Plus the bullet-magnetism.
ronnie42 wrote:
TheDonCJG wrote:
TheDonCJG wrote:
TheDonCJG wrote:

Esquival wrote:

It was mostly the disturbing loadouts and the fact that there was no Ranked modes for the more hard-core fans to enjoy. Plus the bullet-magnetism.
I guess so. For me I didn't like it since ended up feeling too much like CoD so I dropped the game as soon as I got the max on the 360 but doesn't irritate me as much as it used to but ended up realising Halo 5 was a lot worse so hoping Infinite is as good as some have been claiming.
I 100% believe they will not abandon MCC I definitely feel like they will support it after the release of Infinite but maybe after a few years they will make an announcement like "we will no longer be adding more content to MCC but will continue to keep the servers live..." etc... Although, I do hope i am wrong and that the games continue to be supported for years to come
They could say that they will continue to support the MCC for another 10 seasons and finally give us Halo 3 Anniversary and Halo 3 ODST Anniversary, although they would have to call it Halo 3 Remastered since it will not be on H3's 10th or 20th anniversary.

Would be nice to see Blur Studios graphical cutscenes and Halo Infinite Graphics on Halo 3 tho.
They could say that they will continue to support the MCC for another 10 seasons and finally give us Halo 3 Anniversary and Halo 3 ODST Anniversary, although they would have to call it Halo 3 Remastered since it will not be on H3's 10th or 20th anniversary.

Would be nice to see Blur Studios graphical cutscenes and Halo Infinite Graphics on Halo 3 tho.
I've been wanting a Halo 3 Remastered for some time now even though I know I'll probably switch back to OG because that's the version I have the most nostalgia and love for lol. If they ever made a Halo 3 ODST remaster I'd hope they'd be able to keep the same rainy moody tone throughout it.
haloemma9 wrote:

I've been wanting a Halo 3 Remastered for some time now even though I know I'll probably switch back to OG because that's the version I have the most nostalgia and love for lol. If they ever made a Halo 3 ODST remaster I'd hope they'd be able to keep the same rainy moody tone throughout it.
Add more JAZZ to some points and more somber strings to others.
I have no intentions of stopping playing after infinite so I hope that support continues!
i would love for mcc to get continued support. bug fixes etc. because god knows there are still so many legacy bugs that need fixing.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3