Halo MCC after the release of Infinite.

OP Esquival

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Halo MCC Infinite
Hopefully the mod community can take us to new heights.
I believe so. They supported it far after the 2014 launch and even completely redid the game.
TheDonCJG wrote:
Esquival wrote:
Do you believe The Halo Master Chief Collection will be supported after the launch of Halo Infinite?
A while back I believe it was said that once MCC reaches season 10 343 would be evaluating if it’s worth continuing releasing content for MCC or not.
If not, there will likely be a small live team that looks after the game just like Halo 5 currently has.
They’ll deal with playlist rotations and such.
^Was literally just to write pretty much that. I hope they maybe do 1 or 2 more seasons after it launches but I kind of wouldn't be surprised if they don't with Halo Infinite being f2p a lot of people will be playing that.
TheDonCJG wrote:
Esquival wrote:
Do you believe The Halo Master Chief Collection will be supported after the launch of Halo Infinite?
A while back I believe it was said that once MCC reaches season 10 343 would be evaluating if it’s worth continuing releasing content for MCC or not.
If not, there will likely be a small live team that looks after the game just like Halo 5 currently has.
They’ll deal with playlist rotations and such.
^Was literally just to write pretty much that. I hope they maybe do 1 or 2 more seasons after it launches but I kind of wouldn't be surprised if they don't with Halo Infinite being f2p a lot of people will be playing that.
It could be possible that Infinite’s free to play revenue could further support the MCC with maybe less frequent, but still substantial bug fixes and what not. If they can continue to resolve issues especially for the older titles I would be just as hyped as I was for all the content additions.
I know I plan on returning to the game even after Infinite in order to make sure I complete as much of the collection as I possibly can, I sure hope it doesn't get abandoned and I am cautiously optimistic it wont, but we shall all find out fairly shortly!
The rule of MCC is that ALL good Halo Games that feature MCPO John-S117 are to be in the collection. Hence why Halo 5 is being denied. Should Infinite be a great game, it will be bundled with the collection in some form or another, whether in a two-disc set Physically or actually merged with the MCC further down the line.
Huh? Chief isn't in ODST, and only has a cameo in Reach. And define "good" Halo game. I personally hated H5, but like it or not, the multiplayer has been pretty successful and likely maintained a larger player base than H4. And what's this talk about a two disc set? I'm sorry that this is probably coming across as mean, but I don't think you have a clue as to what you're talking about.
I'd be seriously p!ssed if it wasn't. HaloCE on series s now has framerate issues and it appears others too are having problems like this for other games. If they do decide to abandon it then fix the issues first otherwise all that'll do for 343 is they'll lose respect from fans. Personally I think they will continue as it's a small enough team by the sounds of it that now handles this stuff and it pays to not p!ss off the fans with such a d!ck move
The rule of MCC is that ALL good Halo Games that feature MCPO John-S117 are to be in the collection. Hence why Halo 5 is being denied. Should Infinite be a great game, it will be bundled with the collection in some form or another, whether in a two-disc set Physically or actually merged with the MCC further down the line.
Huh? Chief isn't in ODST, and only has a cameo in Reach. And define "good" Halo game. I personally hated H5, but like it or not, the multiplayer has been pretty successful and likely maintained a larger player base than H4. And what's this talk about a two disc set? I'm sorry that this is probably coming across as mean, but I don't think you have a clue as to what you're talking about.
Whaddya mean Chief wasn't in ODST???

Was he not on board the In Amber Clad during this cutscene?
I think it will be supported, probably by a dedicated team that is an off-shoot from the team, while the rest support infinite.
I think it will be supported, probably by a dedicated team that is an off-shoot from the team, while the rest support infinite.
Studio 117, a subsidiary of 343 Industries.

At least that is what I would call this.
As much as I would like to see more seasons beyond S10/Infinites release, I doubt that they will continue to add more content.
As much as I would like to see more seasons beyond S10/Infinites release, I doubt that they will continue to add more content.
Your doubts are in vain.
Your doubts are in vain.
How so?
Your doubts are in vain.
How so?
This is how -
  • There are still nearly 100 armor sets from Halo Online that 343 will be able to bring into Halo 3.
  • Halo Online had many maps that were planned that can still come to Halo 3.
  • Halo 2 Anniversary and Halo 4 share the same engine, so a merger of their multiplayer components is inevitable in terms of armory, arsenal, and map rosters. (So Halo 4 gameplay on H2A maps and H2A gameplay on H4 maps)
  • Halo 5 Guardians armor sets can be downgraded and brought into Halo 4 and Halo 2 Anniversary.
  • Halo CE and Halo 2 Classic can get more customizables in this sort of fashion.
  • Halo 3, Halo Reach, and Halo 4 cut assets can still be brought into the armory (H3 Pilot gear and Arbiter armor, HR chest armor we have yet to receive and who knows what else, H4 cut paintjob skins, Hayabusa armor, Gauntlets & Legs from other armor sets such as Soldier, Operator, Infiltrator, Protector, GUNGNIR, Ranger, and Recon.)
  • Halo 3 ODST can get new characters for firefight like the ones I have listed here.
  • Halo 3 ODST can get select Halo 3 maps such as Longshore, Standoff, Sandtrap, and Valhalla as Firefight Maps. Perhaps even some campaign locales?
  • Halo Reach can get select Halo Reach campaign locales and PvP maps as Firefight maps such as Boneyard, Spire, and Highlands.
  • Halo Infinite armor pieces can come to Halo Reach and Halo 4, similar to how we got the Keystone helmet.
  • Halo 5 Weapon and vehicle skins.
  • Halo CE PC and Halo 2 Vista Custom Maps that were actually well made, balanced, and beloved by the PC fans can be ported into the game to provide CE and H2 Classic PvP more stuff to play with.
  • Halo 3 ODST FF and Halo Reach FF Maps can become Forgeable maps and used by players in select PvP playlists such as FFA, KotH, and CTF.
  • Cut DLC Maps from Halo 3, Halo Reach, and Halo 4 could be made fresh to add more to the games.
  • Halo 2 Anniversary could receive a couple more map remasters such as Waterfront, Midship, and Containment.
There is a lot that 343 could still do with MCC. Some of which they might do in Seasons 8, 9, and 10; but not all of it.
Your doubts are in vain.
How so?
I think Rambo is a very optimistic and passionate fan, which is great, but he/she's allowing that to cloud their judgement of what's actually realistic. My remaining wish list for MCC is pretty sparse, limited to things they've already discussed and/or are not out of the realm of possibility.

(EDIT: If you like this list, here is the dedicated forum post I decided to make about it)
  1. Fix the performance of H2A, both campaign and multiplayer, especially in split screen, which is practically unplayable. I think H4 splitscreen is still in the same boat too.
  2. Fix CE spawns and hit detection
  3. Expand the Custom Game Browser to include all the games as well as standard filtering features one would expect not to be absent from a 2008 server browser, much less one from 2021.
  4. Bring in select popular maps from Halo Custom Edition. I plan to spend many hours playing Yoyorast Island on the custom game browser.
  5. Allow in-game team switching in custom games. I'm tired of not being able to play H2 classic zombies.
  6. Allow some in-game player controls for the host of custom games. 343 has stated that they would like to bundle this and in-game team switching together.
  7. Unified search for custom gametypes and forge maps, with bare minimum features like "most popular". Can't a dude just go search for "husky raid", find it, download it, and play it?? This should also be accompanied by an increase to the number of maps/modes you can save in your file share
  8. Gamertag indicators for voice chatters across all of the games. It's ridiculously stupid that I can't tell who's actually speaking on the mic unless I'm in the lobby or in H4. In HCE, H2, H3... you can't see who's talking, allowing all sorts of voice chat abuse with total impunity.
Finally, my nice-to-haves. I don't think these are likely to be done, but I think their value is clear.
  1. Fixes to the various aspects of the CEA and H2A graphics that harm gameplay. I'm not referring to subjective stylistic stuff, but actual gameplay. This includes: CEA Hunters' cannons not glowing green as they're charging up; CEA's various places where the graphics do not match the geometry, resulting in shooting invisible walls; H2A's Scorpion cannon firing animation which is an unusable abomination that tries to treat the projectile weapon like a hitscan and making it stupidly difficult to lead long shots; H2A's carbine spraying so much green plasma discharge in the player's FOV when firing that it's very difficult to land subsequent shots. There may be more in this list, but these are the problems off the top of my head.
  2. One more drop of H2A multiplayer maps. Ideally one well-balanced BTB map (Waterworks is my top choice) and one small map.
  3. Allow mic chat to be recorded when taking gameplay captures. For me, a lot of the fun from a clip comes from the chat, but those captures always strip it.
Your doubts are in vain.
How so?
I think Rambo is a very optimistic and passionate fan, which is great, but he/she's allowing that to cloud their judgement of what's actually realistic. My remaining wish list for MCC is pretty sparse, limited to things they've already discussed and/or are not out of the realm of possibility.
  1. Fix the performance of H2A, both campaign and multiplayer, especially in split screen, which is practically unplayable. I think H4 splitscreen is still in the same boat too.
  2. Fix CE spawns and hit detection
  3. Expand the Custom Game Browser to include all the games as well as standard filtering features one would expect not to be absent from a 2008 server browser, much less one from 2021.
  4. Bring in select popular maps from Halo Custom Edition. I plan to spend many hours playing Yoyorast Island on the custom game browser.
  5. Allow in-game team switching in custom games. I'm tired of not being able to play H2 classic zombies.
  6. Allow some in-game player controls for the host of custom games. 343 has stated that they would like to bundle this and in-game team switching together.
  7. Unified search for custom gametypes and forge maps, with bare minimum features like "most popular". Can't a dude just go search for "husky raid", find it, download it, and play it?? This should also be accompanied by an increase to the number of maps/modes you can save in your file share
  8. Gamertag indicators for voice chatters across all of the games. It's ridiculously stupid that I can't tell who's actually speaking on the mic unless I'm in the lobby or in H4. In HCE, H2, H3... you can't see who's talking, allowing all sorts of voice chat abuse with total impunity.
Finally, my nice-to-haves. I don't think these are likely to be done, but I think their value is clear.
  1. Fixes to the various aspects of the CEA and H2A graphics that harm gameplay. I'm not referring to subjective stylistic stuff, but actual gameplay. This includes: CEA Hunters' cannons not glowing green as they're charging up; CEA's various places where the graphics do not match the geometry, resulting in shooting invisible walls; H2A's Scorpion cannon firing animation which is an unusable abomination that tries to treat the projectile weapon like a hitscan and making it stupidly difficult to lead long shots; H2A's carbine spraying so much green plasma discharge in the player's FOV when firing that it's very difficult to land subsequent shots. There may be more in this list, but these are the problems off the top of my head.
  2. One more drop of H2A multiplayer maps. Ideally one well-balanced BTB map (Waterworks is my top choice) and one small map.
  3. Allow mic chat to be recorded when taking gameplay captures. For me, a lot of the fun from a clip comes from the chat, but those captures always strip it.
Both shall be done.

Give us new stuff while fixing what is broken.

That is what I want. 343 should make a subsidiary studio dedicated to the MCC, call it Studio 117, and BOOM profit.
Your doubts are in vain.
How so?
This is how -
  • There are still nearly 100 armor sets from Halo Online that 343 will be able to bring into Halo 3.
  • Halo 2 Anniversary and Halo 4 share the same engine, so a merger of their multiplayer components is inevitable in terms of armory, arsenal, and map rosters. (So Halo 4 gameplay on H2A maps and H2A gameplay on H4 maps)
  • Halo 5 Guardians armor sets can be downgraded and brought into Halo 4 and Halo 2 Anniversary.
  • Halo CE and Halo 2 Classic can get more customizables in this sort of fashion.
  • Halo 3, Halo Reach, and Halo 4 cut assets can still be brought into the armory (H3 Pilot gear and Arbiter armor, HR chest armor we have yet to receive and who knows what else, H4 cut paintjob skins, Hayabusa armor, Gauntlets & Legs from other armor sets such as Soldier, Operator, Infiltrator, Protector, GUNGNIR, Ranger, and Recon.)
  • Halo 3 ODST can get new characters for firefight like the ones I have listed here.
  • Halo 3 ODST can get select Halo 3 maps such as Longshore, Standoff, Sandtrap, and Valhalla as Firefight Maps. Perhaps even some campaign locales?
  • Halo Reach can get select Halo Reach campaign locales and PvP maps as Firefight maps such as Boneyard, Spire, and Highlands.
  • Halo Infinite armor pieces can come to Halo Reach and Halo 4, similar to how we got the Keystone helmet.
  • Halo CE PC and Halo 2 Vista Custom Maps that were actually well made, balanced, and beloved by the PC fans can be ported into the game to provide CE and H2 Classic PvP more stuff to play with.
  • Halo 3 ODST FF and Halo Reach FF Maps can become Forgeable maps and used by players in select PvP playlists such as FFA, KotH, and CTF.
  • Cut DLC Maps from Halo 3, Halo Reach, and Halo 4 could be made fresh to add more to the games.
  • Halo 2 Anniversary could receive a couple more map remasters such as Waterfront, Midship, and Containment.
There is a lot that 343 could still do with MCC. Some of which they might do in Seasons 8, 9, and 10; but not all of it.
They made a commitment up till season 10 nothing more . They don't owe us HO armor or anything else at this stage it's pure fan service at this point.and they could walk away like many other devs do when the new hotness drops so I'm not expecting anything after s10 if they continue to make improvements big or small that will be awesome.
I think season 10 will be the last season. Infinite will be the focus moving forward, and they're not gonna want to give players reasons to stick with MCC instead of spending their money on Infinite's micro-transactions. I'll be sticking with MCC for multiplayer exclusively, but I don't expect to have content delivered for free after Infinite releases. That they're doing 10 seasons of free content is amazing as it is. The collection was $40 for 6 games, a revamped Halo CE classic mode, a custom game browser, all sorts of fixes and improvements, and tons of new amazing customization options. MCC is an incredibly generous package that I'll be enjoying for years to come, and if they want to be done with supporting it (outside of the servers and occasional bug fixes) after 10 seasons then that's perfectly reasonable. And I usually err on the side of being very pro-consumer. So to say that MCC is a generous package from me is a big statement. Expecting more than 10 seasons is just unrealistic and unreasonable IMO.

I would much rather they just be done with it, rather than trying to charge for seasons post season 10 to keep support going. Just let the package be the beautiful thing it is with no paid DLC or microtransactions. Adding those would sully this wonderful game. I bought MCC on launch day and was extremely disappointed with its state. I even sold my Xbox One after 5 because MCC and 5 just weren't good enough to justify keeping it. Now that we have a much much much improved MCC on PC, the game has completed one of the biggest redemption arcs in gaming history.
Your doubts are in vain.
How so?
This is how -
Just because they can add all this stuff, doesn’t mean they will. We still have 3 more seasons left, so some will most likely come. But I doubt that after season 10 more will come.
Your doubts are in vain.
How so?
This is how -
Just because they can add all this stuff, doesn’t mean they will. We still have 3 more seasons left, so some will most likely come. But I doubt that after season 10 more will come.
"To live without hope is to cease to live"
~~~~Fyodor Mikhailovich Dostoevsky
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3