Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Halo MCC good but not worth playing

OP Treymode

Now that the game functions everyone is super insanely sweaty, like down to spawn killing and nade spam. I was super excited for MCC to be fixed but the sweaty nature of the current community on it has already killed the hype for me. I’m to the point 4 matches in that I’m 2 seconds from uninstalling the MP. I wouldn’t consider myself a god by any mean but being spawnkilled repeatedly in H2A and H3 is just full of Gankers. It’s honestly not fun. To any degree. Getting matched and loading in is incredible and I’m so happy, but at the other end of that is I don’t want to play the multiplayer when R6 has a less sweaty community half the time. When you manage to go - 17 as someone who’s been playing since launch of HCE the sweating is an issue
Yeah, people not playing the game like other people play the game seem to be problems for some people. But you can't stop people from playing how they want to play. Such is the dilemma games face. So you should probably uninstall it if people not playing the game like you want them to is a big deal to you.
It’s not their fault their better than you. Would you rather they run around in the open with a spiker to make things more balanced? Just wait a couple weeks and they’ll be high levels and the weaker players will still be low levels since the ranks were just reset with the update.
This also probably relates (in-part) to these facts:
  • The MCC isn't using TS2 to more accurately identify player skills.
  • The upper skill spectrum is essentially treated all the same by the matchmaker and balancer despite wide skill differentials.
  • The 1-50 rank system has a playlist experience component to it that influences who can match who which in-turn restricts available population.
  • The matchmaker is making sure party sizes have a ton of influence prior to the balancer taking effect which further restricts the player base to balance teams with.
These things all combined (on top of general population issues) can lead to less than ideal matches; in other words, you might be getting put into matches where your odds to perform and win are (honestly) not optimal.
It'll be like that for the first week or so while the ranking system adjusts. Those players will rank higher and you wont have to play vs them anymore.

Also, I don't see how you can complain about people trying hard in a ranked playlist. The purpose of the game is to win, correct?
BTB Bill wrote:
It'll be like that for the first week or so while the ranking system adjusts.
That's why every time a new Halo game releases, I spend the first few days in the campaign. Collecting skulls, shootin' Grunts, etc. Getting my story on. lol
It’s because of the current party matchmaking parameters 343 has set in place. I’ve played over 12 hours in h2c since the new playlist and update dropped and it’s very rare that 4 solo searchers vs 4 solo searchers. The game seems to put a heavy preferance on matching 2 solo players with a party of 2 vs 2 solo players and a party of 2. When in reality it should do that as a last resort, instead it should match 2 parties of 2 with each other vs 2 parties of 2. The current way leads to a lot of matches being complete one sided blowouts, so if you’re solo searching it’s gonna be a sweat fest. This obviously needs to be addressed I’ve brought it up but 343 hasn’t said anything yet.
Try halo 3 btb, just returned today and it's cool, more laid back! Even has wraiths on maps like the original days
The majority of the players playing now are probably the ones that have been playing a long time so they are going to know the game well. I really don't get the "sweaty" complaint with Halo. It has always been "sweaty" to me. Players are always playing to win, especially in ranked play. Things will pan out with time and as players come back. The "sweaty" players will gain rank and the "non sweaty" players won't so matchmaking should get better.
My thing on people being sweaty is that its always been like that for a good chunk of people. Issue caused by mcc is its 4 years old and still pretty busted so the playerbase is almost entirely filled with the people still taking this game seriously. Its a shame because this is supposed to be one of the greatest games on xbox one
Treymode wrote:
Now that the game functions everyone is super insanely sweaty, like down to spawn killing and nade spam. I was super excited for MCC to be fixed but the sweaty nature of the current community on it has already killed the hype for me. I’m to the point 4 matches in that I’m 2 seconds from uninstalling the MP. I wouldn’t consider myself a god by any mean but being spawnkilled repeatedly in H2A and H3 is just full of Gankers. It’s honestly not fun. To any degree. Getting matched and loading in is incredible and I’m so happy, but at the other end of that is I don’t want to play the multiplayer when R6 has a less sweaty community half the time. When you manage to go - 17 as someone who’s been playing since launch of HCE the sweating is an issue
That's how Halo is played if you don't like it then don't play. Halo is all about map control which means spawn killing is gonna happen.
Have you never played a game when ranks have been reset on the first week?
This happens in every single game when it launches because the system takes time to work out true skill for you.

Just keep playing and it will even out, it's been 4 days and it comes out soon on Game Pass, if you expected to play bad people the first week of the update then that's unfortunate for you.

I'm tired of going 20 and 3 then losing because someone goes 2 and 20 but that's just how it is
LethalQ wrote:
The majority of the players playing now are probably the ones that have been playing a long time so they are going to know the game well. I really don't get the "sweaty" complaint with Halo. It has always been "sweaty" to me. Players are always playing to win, especially in ranked play. Things will pan out with time and as players come back. The "sweaty" players will gain rank and the "non sweaty" players won't so matchmaking should get better.
This comment is on the money.
I played a few rounds of the HaloCE 2v2 playlist. 3/4 of the matches were on Derelict, oddly enough, and I don't think any of the games didn't have one teammate bail at some point during the match. But I did certainly notice the instant spawn death.
I'd spawn in, take two steps, immediately receive two sniper rounds to the abdomen, and keel over on the ground. I couldn't help but admire the opponents aggressive memorization of all spawn points on the map and accurate predictions as to which one(s) I would spawn at.

Despite all that, the nostalgia was enjoyable.
Mad because someone is better than you, great reason to boycott the game. Might as well boycott people who drive a more expensive car than you as well.