Skip to main content
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Do you think 343i will add H5 into MCC somewhere down the line since PC don't have the full game just the separate H5 forge, is it possible for them to add H5 with newer hardware in the near future? Or will this never happen do you think? I would really like having all the FPS games on MCC uptill Infinite since that game is already on PC once released. It would make sense for me if they added H5 since PC can't get the complete halo campaign experience for those that are new to halo or never had Xbox.
I think the game is to big to add to MCC. Odds are they will eventually port H5 over to PC at some point but not part of MCC.
I don't want to say, "It's impossible" but more, "It's unlikely". The whole point of the Collection was to bring the main Halo FPS games to the current generation of Xbox which then shifted to all Halo FPS games when Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach was added. The reason why I say it's unlikely but not impossible is because Halo 5: Guardians was released a year after Halo: The Master Chief Collection on the same platform. If they didn't add it then, it is unlikely that they will now.
These threads come up way too often oddly...it's not going to happen because MCC struggles enough with 6 different engines as it is.
Do you think 343i will add H5 into MCC somewhere down the line since PC don't have the full game just the separate H5 forge, is it possible for them to add H5 with newer hardware in the near future? Or will this never happen do you think? I would really like having all the FPS games on MCC uptill Infinite since that game is already on PC once released. It would make sense for me if they added H5 since PC can't get the complete halo campaign experience for those that are new to halo or never had Xbox.
I dont think so. First, correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure they said they were pushing mcc to its limits by adding reach. It could be impossible to add H5.
Next, the MCC is sort of like an all-in-one deal to play all the halos on the xbox one without backwards compatibility. Halo 5 is already on X1, so it isnt really needed.
Third, Halo 5 is as big as a whale. Let's say they added 5 to MCC and cut out some reqs that werent used that much, like the different warthogs. MCC would possibly be over 150GB. That could be a problem for people who dont have an external hard drive like I do.
I dont think so. First, correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure they said they were pushing mcc to its limits by adding reach. It could be impossible to add H5.
Next, the MCC is sort of like an all-in-one deal to play all the halos on the xbox one without backwards compatibility. Halo 5 is already on X1, so it isnt really needed.
Third, Halo 5 is as big as a whale. Let's say they added 5 to MCC and cut out some reqs that werent used that much, like the different warthogs. MCC would possibly be over 150GB. That could be a problem for people who dont have an external hard drive like I do.
Depends on how it's done, if they do what MCC currently does with the other games then players could choose which parts of Halo 5 they want to install but as we've both said MCC struggles enough as it is with 6 different engines and Halo 5's UI is buggy enough as it is, doubt 343i would want to make things worse.
It is true for the 2013 Xbox One but as we transition to the next generation of hardware it wouldn’t be a technical impossibility some years down the line. As for size the latest Call of Duty is well over 220GB, and that kind of size isn’t unusual even Destiny 2 is around 200GB.
It is true for the 2013 Xbox One but as we transition to the next generation of hardware it wouldn’t be a technical impossibility some years down the line. As for size the latest Call of Duty is well over 220GB, and that kind of size isn’t unusual even Destiny 2 is around 200GB.
The problem with such massive games is that they get harder and harder to maintain. There's so much going on under the hood that it gets very difficult for the developers to fix something without breaking something else; MCC already has this problem in spades, and Destiny 2 has gotten to the point where Bungie is literally splitting the game into 2 (the Destiny 2 main game and Content Vault). It becomes a development nightmare; a good analogy is the Winchester Mystery House.
You don't really need H5 into MCC. You have it already separately. And soon will be on PC too if 343 keeps up the pace. Don't even bother asking, that would make MCC size way more bigger than it is now. MCC is a collection of old Halo games.. It should stay that way.

Besides, H5 is a shame in campaign. Ew.
They could add it because they got a extra year before infinite and it will probably be added over 3 updates and seasons the campaign/MP then forge then warzone and fire fight and all the reqs would all be be permanently unlocked with no req packs.
No.

Halo 5 is over 100 Gigabytes. Halo MCC is already about 70+ Gigabytes which is massive.

Its not feasible, its not doable, its just not possible to join the two together. Until technology advances further the two will remain split and I doubt they will ever join the two in MCCs lifetime.
I think not, as it has a player base that is still very active, and people that have spent a lot of money on REQs. Bringing it to MCC would most likely give it another “season” for the unlocks, so those people would not be happy, and 343 would be making less money from it
It would make easier for people to keep up to date with the old games and keeps every one in 2 games MCC and infinite and they could update 5 more like what they have done with the others
It would make easier for people to keep up to date with the old games and keeps every one in 2 games MCC and infinite and they could update 5 more like what they have done with the others
It would make more sense for them to make Halo 5 available separately and add a function to each game that acts as a link to the other game. Halo 5 has to much going on to be put into MCC, the only reason MCC exists is because they wanted to bring it to the modern console atmosphere, which is essentially a pc, which is why the transition for MCC to PC has gone as smoothly as it has, only hiccups really being making tweaks to allow for the expansive features that PC will allow for that were locked on console.
Foombles wrote:
It would make more sense for them to make Halo 5 available separately and add a function to each game that acts as a link to the other game. Halo 5 has to much going on to be put into MCC, the only reason MCC exists is because they wanted to bring it to the modern console atmosphere, which is essentially a pc, which is why the transition for MCC to PC has gone as smoothly as it has, only hiccups really being making tweaks to allow for the expansive features that PC will allow for that were locked on console.
All the games are seprot but work together since the smart delivery system with is why there's no reason not to add h5 to MCC other then time
halo 5 on its own is too big to add to the mcc right now both mcc and h5 are over 100 gb and putting the two together would not be fun to update and keep track of bugs
Foombles wrote:
All the games are seprot but work together since the smart delivery system with is why there's no reason not to add h5 to MCC other then time
There is simply no point to doing it on console financially the workload alone to integrate into mcc would be huge f it doesn't stack up why would Ms bother? it makes no sense at all ,
pc as a stand alone product makes sense.
Foombles wrote:
There is simply no point to doing it on console financially the workload alone to integrate into mcc would be huge f it doesn't stack up why would Ms bother? it makes no sense at all ,
In Yesterday’s blog343 said that h5 isn’t coming to mcc
Foombles wrote:
No... i dont think you understand exactly how mcc is built if they were all seperate then there wouldn't need to be a smart delivery feature my guy.
Foombles wrote:
In Yesterday’s blog343 said that h5 isn’t coming to mcc
They said it's not planned but they said same thing about reach and why do people keep saying the file will be too big when the smart delivery system existins since they makes so you only have to have halos you want to play download and 5 file is big because it was monthly updates where the they didn't have time to make the updates smaller so if h5 was brought to MCC you would have more space. And theses bugs in h5 already and if it's left alone they will get worse but if it's add to MCC it can be maintained as well as the halos.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2