This may be a silly question, but do we know at this point in time if Halo MCC will be playable on the next generation of Xbox console set to release at some point in 2020?
I believe so, I know that 343i have said infinite will be playable on existing hardware as well as new hardware so I doubt mcc will be an issue , I don't have a source but read it or heard on a YouTube vid
I think one of the biggest selling points for the upcoming gen will for sure be backwards compatibility. More and more people care about backwards compatibility now, including myself and my 300 game strong digital library. I love the Xbone even though the UI and OS it runs on are utter hot garbo, but I can't wait to toss that VHS player-shaped brick off my second story balcony. I think any developer, such as 343i, who has their wits about them will work to put their games on next gen machines.
It will be.
Awesome, just wanted to make sure. Thanks for the replies guys. Cheers :)
Seems like next gen will be an updated Xbox one X. Xbox will follow the iPhone route of bringing out new, faster models. Just not every year and longer software support.
This may be a silly question, but do we know at this point in time if Halo MCC will be playable on the next generation of Xbox console set to release at some point in 2020?
As much as they’ve done and are doing for the game, I’d imagine they would make it playable moving forward. If not, Xbox sales will go down again as people love MCC. And everyone knows Xbox doesn’t want another embarrassing loss to Sony again.
There have been rumors about the next Xbox just being a more powerful version of the Xbox One, so it's possible that all Xbox One games will be playable on it.
Okay so a follow-up question to this thread. If I (or any of us) own a physical copy of MCC, do you think we would have to purchase it again for the next Xbox? Since as of right now, I believe it is rumored to not have a disc drive.
Possibly, plus phil spencer confirmed that he wont leave any other hardwares like xbox one, xbox one s and Xbox one x
AMA4N wrote:
Possibly, plus phil spencer confirmed that he wont leave any other hardwares like xbox one, xbox one s and Xbox one x
This is true. And great news!
Okay so a follow-up question to this thread. If I (or any of us) own a physical copy of MCC, do you think we would have to purchase it again for the next Xbox? Since as of right now, I believe it is rumored to not have a disc drive.
That's just a version of the Xbox One that Microsoft are coming out with, but it isn't their next Xbox console. The true next Xbox will support physical media.
I feel like everything is going to be backwards compatible but that's just speculation
That's just a version of the Xbox One that Microsoft are coming out with, but it isn't their next Xbox console. The true next Xbox will support physical media.
Any idea when that Xbox console would be released?
Any idea when that Xbox console would be released?
Probably late 2020, but I have no way of knowing for sure.