1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
Any news on this topic?
Nope.

We will likely not hear any discussion about a PC version of MCC until 343 finish fixing the game on XBO as Frankie discussed earlier in the year.
Give 343 time to fix the game first and it will be there for PC might be even a pre-order bonus for halo 6 ;)
id love to see halo mcc on pc I think everyone deserves to play a game as great as halo
probably not gonna happen.
I used to get annoyed by topics like this but over the past few years i've moved to PC gaming and dropped Xbox all together and now I really want a PC port for the MCC and Halo 5 lol. Seeing how Xbox is moving towards all their games being on both WIndows 10 and Xbox i'm thinking Halo 6 will go that way as well, which is good, but as of right now I REALLY want the other two latest games on PC as well. I'd pay money for that.
I would give anything for MCC on PC. I know they won't do a steam release for it (probably) but even the MS Store would be good enough. Gears of War 4 runs perfectly fine on it.
I used to get annoyed by topics like this but over the past few years i've moved to PC gaming and dropped Xbox all together and now I really want a PC port for the MCC and Halo 5 lol. Seeing how Xbox is moving towards all their games being on both WIndows 10 and Xbox i'm thinking Halo 6 will go that way as well, which is good, but as of right now I REALLY want the other two latest games on PC as well. I'd pay money for that.
Halo 5 is already on PC though: Halo 5 Forge. Granted, it doesn't have the campaign, in-game character customization(Have to use the online version or do it on Xbox One), or matchmaking(It has a server browser), but it's a PC version that does work.
I found really strange that 343 industries doesn't want to put mcc on pc... it would be a good way to "make halo community great again" and the sales would be absolutly insane, but for some reasons they don't plan to do that.... If they planned to put it on Pc, i think they would talk about it, there is absolutly no reason to keep the project secret but anyway :(
I don't know about halo mcc on pc but I know for sure halo 2a should be on there. I have a link to the xbox voting system. Give it a vote if you agree with what I say there.
https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/363186--new-ideas/suggestions/31588489-halo-2-remastered-pc
I voted. I dont think it would divide the communuty, with the crossplatform throught windows 10. Just keep the aiming aid like in halo 5 forge, so keyboard players's have no advantages.
Not at this current time.

My opinions:

I think we should let 343 industries take their time with fixing MCC completely first. They should have all the time they need. Also with Halo 6 in development. I don't want a port taking resource values away from that game. I know sketch has said for the MCC project that, halo six won't be affected so maybe when the small team that is working on MCC can port it to PC when they are done. I could see them announcing this at e3.

Other:

As far as my opinions on halo six go, I agree with JKPrising that halo six should come out in 2020. That will give 343 industries plenty of time to have a good launch. Also having a beta like halo fives would be smart for 2019. Just that it will be open to everyone on Xbox and PC. Also cross-play for this beta would be nice.

So as games go for 343:

2018:

- Fixing MCC completely.

- Possible porting MCC to PC in fall 2018. (Don't rush this)

- Continue to tinker with Halo 5. (Like weapon tuning and bugs, etc.)

Ok, so let's talk about how and why a 2020 release would benefit halo six.

Halo six had begun development in late 2015.

In late 2015 and most of 2016, 343 had worked on updates to Halo 5 and helped with Halo Wars 2.

So by this we can tell 343 didn't work on Halo six that much.

In 2017 Halo Wars 2 released and thy did help with DLC and marketing and etc. Also there was support for Halo 5.

So in 2017 more development was put in for Halo six.

2018 will be dry for Halo and that is good.

With that main team working and focusing mostly on Halo six means a good launch with prevail.

Since 343 had a little over two years of not 100% focusing on Halo six I think having a 2020 release will help.

Bungie during Halo 3's development mostly focused on Halo 3 for three years straight.

So by this logic 343 has, 2018, 2019, 2020 to 100% work on Halo 6.

While late 2015 and 2016 and 2017 had most development put in with Halo 6.

This means Halo 6 may even have a better launch then Halo 3...

Thoughts everyone?
Give 343 time to fix the game first and it will be there for PC might be even a pre-order bonus for halo 6 ;)
Yeah buddy, give them time! They ONLY had 3 years, have some patience!
HaloReader wrote:
Not at this current time.

My opinions:

I think we should let 343 industries take their time with fixing MCC completely first. They should have all the time they need. Also with Halo 6 in development. I don't want a port taking resource values away from that game. I know sketch has said for the MCC project that, halo six won't be affected so maybe when the small team that is working on MCC can port it to PC when they are done. I could see them announcing this at e3.

Other:

As far as my opinions on halo six go, I agree with JKPrising that halo six should come out in 2020. That will give 343 industries plenty of time to have a good launch. Also having a beta like halo fives would be smart for 2019. Just that it will be open to everyone on Xbox and PC. Also cross-play for this beta would be nice.

So as games go for 343:

2018:

- Fixing MCC completely.

- Possible porting MCC to PC in fall 2018. (Don't rush this)

- Continue to tinker with Halo 5. (Like weapon tuning and bugs, etc.)

Ok, so let's talk about how and why a 2020 release would benefit halo six.

Halo six had begun development in late 2015.

In late 2015 and most of 2016, 343 had worked on updates to Halo 5 and helped with Halo Wars 2.

So by this we can tell 343 didn't work on Halo six that much.

In 2017 Halo Wars 2 released and thy did help with DLC and marketing and etc. Also there was support for Halo 5.

So in 2017 more development was put in for Halo six.

2018 will be dry for Halo and that is good.

With that main team working and focusing mostly on Halo six means a good launch with prevail.

Since 343 had a little over two years of not 100% focusing on Halo six I think having a 2020 release will help.

Bungie during Halo 3's development mostly focused on Halo 3 for three years straight.

So by this logic 343 has, 2018, 2019, 2020 to 100% work on Halo 6.

While late 2015 and 2016 and 2017 had most development put in with Halo 6.

This means Halo 6 may even have a better launch then Halo 3...

Thoughts everyone?
I'm agrre with you, i think they need to fix mcc first and i don't mind waiting one year to have a port.
I'm just a bit curious to know why they don't communicate about it at all :/
My question is if MCC releases on PC will it be all that successful? They'd probably go through the windows store which hasn't been all that helpful when it comes to maintaining a population.
I would love to have MCC on PC. It would also appeal to a broader audience - the people who don’t have an Xbox but have a PC can enjoy the masterpiece that is Halo :)
Good lord, yes please. I'm on the fence right now as to buy an Xbox One again just to get back into Halo....but if MCC or future Halo titles come to PC I'll kick myself for buying another damn Xbox. Thing is, Microsoft probably is counting on that in order to get more people to buy consoles. As for now I think I'll just have to bide my time with Halo 5: Forge, Halo Online and SPV3 via the Halo Custom Edition on PC.

Please, 343, bring Halo to the PC via Xbox Play Anywhere.
My question is if MCC releases on PC will it be all that successful? They'd probably go through the windows store which hasn't been all that helpful when it comes to maintaining a population.
That's the point, i think they should do something like ubisoft with uplay games: You can buy throught steam AND Windows 10, but you have to link a microsoft games account if you buy throught steam. The game would have a good visibility throught steam and maybe access to workshop.

I don't think xbox sales would be impact because of halo on PC, it's not the same public, peoples will keep buying xbox for halo and others exclusivity because they don't have 1 000 $ to put on a PC, or maybe they don't want to struggle with pc drivers and things.

BUT, peoples who play on ps4 would considering buying an xbox or a big pc with windows 10 because they see their friends playing windows 10 and xbox exclusives in crossplay, so we need a lot of exclusivity on xbox and windows 10, and halo mcc on PC crossplay xbox is a very good start to show how microsoft ecosystem can be strong.
I suspect that it's highly likely for this to be incorporated into the Xbox Play Anywhere program either as a standalone product, or as a *bonus* for preordering Halo 6. If Halo 6 is to focus more on classic-style Halo, I think the MCC is in a very good place to promote the next game, especially with multiplayer variants like H2A that didn't get much attention. So to answer that question, the successfulness of it doesn't matter so much, what matters is the way it can bring Halo in general, especially future titles, into the umbrella of Play Anywhere.
Its well past time for main Halo to return to PC. MCC is already well past the point where it is going to make any difference in Xbox one sales.

I would even be fine with MCC as is at this point because I want to be able to hold onto Halo games without being stuck with a proprietary console that will lose support in a few years. Population is a totally secondary concern for me.

Frankly MS needs to either drop exclusives entirely or actually invest in an actual library of exclusives. Nintendo and Sony have an actual suite of exclusives, currently Xbox has a handful of hostages which is not as good and incentive.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5