Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Halo MCC Season 7 release date

OP TanEugene94

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
With the Halo Master Chief Collection continue going forward, when can we expect Season 7 to come out? At the end of this month or at the start of June 2021?
Each season has been about 2 or 3 months give or take so it's anyone's guess really. I do wish the seasons had a bit more structured time frame. There should be like three or four seasons a year with the time divided evenly for the season.
LethalQ wrote:
Each season has been about 2 or 3 months give or take so it's anyone's guess really. I do wish the seasons had a bit more structured time frame. There should be like three or four seasons a year with the time divided evenly for the season.
Im of the opinion that aslong as gaining season points requieres so much time they should only release new seasons after as much time passes that weekly challenges can fill the previous season
LethalQ wrote:
Im of the opinion that aslong as gaining season points requieres so much time they should only release new seasons after as much time passes that weekly challenges can fill the previous season
In an ideal world sure, but given they're developing on the fly I'm not sure how doable or helpful set timescales would be. I'd like more advance notice of the end of a season, but generally from first flight it's about 3-4 weeks until the next season can release so I'm using this to make me get on eith finishing my multikills/sprees
MorseyBaby wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
In an ideal world sure, but given they're developing on the fly I'm not sure how doable or helpful set timescales would be. I'd like more advance notice of the end of a season, but generally from first flight it's about 3-4 weeks until the next season can release so I'm using this to make me get on eith finishing my multikills/sprees
This is going to be a short flight for season 7. If you complete the seasonal, PVE and PVP challenges there are enough points to gain all the skins, armours etc. If you don't though they are still available to unlock later too.
MorseyBaby wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
This is going to be a short flight for season 7. If you complete the seasonal, PVE and PVP challenges there are enough points to gain all the skins, armours etc. If you don't though they are still available to unlock later too.
Yes - but I still need to complete the Seasonal Challenge for Multikills/Sprees which is 1/2 ton unlock the Techsuit and that won't be unlockable after this season except in the exchange.

Even if the flight is short they need some time after the flight to implement changes from it before general release
Every season is planned to release 2 months apart (which started in S4). However, S6 got delayed to early April. So, S7 will wither release at the end of May (this month) or early June.
Every season is planned to release 2 months apart (which started in S4). However, S6 got delayed to early April. So, S7 will wither release at the end of May (this month) or early June.
For personal reasons I'm hoping the later end of that bracket - or even hold off until 09 or 16 June to coincide with E3

Plus that would then give nice windows for Season 8 and 9 to release before Infinite and then Season 10 into the New Year possibly?
MorseyBaby wrote:
For personal reasons I'm hoping the later end of that bracket - or even hold off until 09 or 16 June to coincide with E3

Plus that would then give nice windows for Season 8 and 9 to release before Infinite and then Season 10 into the New Year possibly?
That is a possibility. Though, I feel like they want to have S10 out before infinites release.
MorseyBaby wrote:

That is a possibility. Though, I feel like they want to have S10 out before infinites release.
That had been my assumption previouslu too, but unless Seasons 7-9 are all much shorter then you're looking at roughly:

• Season 7: June-August
  • Season 8: August- October
  • Season 9: October - December
For me that would make most sense if they're hedging their bets on whether or not to continue MCC Seasons past 10 (which as we know they've not committed to) because:

• Season 9 can be the '20th Anniversary' season
  • Season 10 then comes out once Infinite is established and could even be focused on Infinite
That way Season 10 can be designed as a longer season and they can properly assess whether or not there's enough demand to keep MCC and Infinite running actively in parallel or if MCC should only then have quarterly, every 6 months or even only annual/special anniversary events.

It all just depends what they want to achieve with MCC beyond Infinite's release. Dare I say it... with no monetisation etc. part of me doesn't expect a huge amount beyond for celebrating anniversaries etc. I'd also not be surprised if a lot of the MCC content we've seen in 2021 is fan service to keep engagement going until Infinite can release
MorseyBaby wrote:
MorseyBaby wrote:

That had been my assumption previouslu too, but unless Seasons 7-9 are all much shorter then you're looking at roughly:

For me that would make most sense if they're hedging their bets on whether or not to continue MCC Seasons past 10 (which as we know they've not committed to) because:

• Season 10 then comes out once Infinite is established and could even be focused on Infinite
That way Season 10 can be designed as a longer season and they can properly assess whether or not there's enough demand to keep MCC and Infinite running actively in parallel or if MCC should only then have quarterly, every 6 months or even only annual/special anniversary events.

It all just depends what they want to achieve with MCC beyond Infinite's release. Dare I say it... with no monetisation etc. part of me doesn't expect a huge amount beyond for celebrating anniversaries etc. I'd also not be surprised if a lot of the MCC content we've seen in 2021 is fan service to keep engagement going until Infinite can release
Those are some good points. I guess it's all up to 343i to see what they plan to do with MCC in the future.
MorseyBaby wrote:
MorseyBaby wrote:

Those are some good points. I guess it's all up to 343i to see what they plan to do with MCC in the future.
I think we will most likely see the Halo Master Chief Collection continue getting more seasons especially if it's getting a lot of positive reactions from Halo fans. That's where 343 Industries will continue doing more updates for the Halo Master Chief Collection. And, it is also possible that we could see both Season 11 and Season 12 coming out in 2022.
MorseyBaby wrote:
MorseyBaby wrote:

I think we will most likely see the Halo Master Chief Collection continue getting more seasons especially if it's getting a lot of positive reactions from Halo fans. That's where 343 Industries will continue doing more updates for the Halo Master Chief Collection. And, it is also possible that we could see both Season 11 and Season 12 coming out in 2022.
Honestly I hope that's the case - I think longer (3/4 or 6 monthly) seasons will be the modus operandi. That said... end of the day MCC can't retain support forever without monetization (unless that's coming as a Game Pass cut). I'd rather see MCC lose active content development than get monetization at this stage.

That again is why a Season 10 releasing after Infinite and having a longer (up to 6 months) timespan makes so much sense to me: it will let them judge what is/isn't working for the playerbase
MorseyBaby wrote:
MorseyBaby wrote:

Hopefully!

I know Infinite will require a lot of manpower being a live-service but I hope they continue releasing MCC seasons after 10. I just love this game so much.
MorseyBaby wrote:
MorseyBaby wrote:

Hopefully!

I know Infinite will require a lot of manpower being a live-service but I hope they continue releasing MCC seasons after 10. I just love this game so much.
If the community demand is there enough I'm sure they will. I think the real danger zone would be if the sense is that MCC is diluting the Infinite population/experience
MorseyBaby wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
This is my only gripe this season, there isn’t enough (if the season ends soon), with the added exchange items and the Rhine bundle I don’t think it’s going to be possible unless you had a healthy bank of points beforehand. I had 2 banked at the beginning and I’ve done every seasonal and weekly challenge. After purchasing all the exchange items, I am only sat at 58/100 unlocked on the pass. I’d need another 3-4 weeks to finish out everything this season and that’s really an issue, one that needed some attention.
I'm pretty sure that season 7 will come out and definitely be released around the 7th of June or the 9th. I read or heard about it in some video I quite not remember but yeah, I'm excited for MCCs new season this month.
I'm pretty sure that season 7 will come out and definitely be released around the 7th of June or the 9th. I read or heard about it in some video I quite not remember but yeah, I'm excited for MCCs new season this month.
June 7th or June 9th seems like a perfect release date for Halo MCC Season 7. I am hoping that we can get some updates from 343 Industries very soon.
June 7th or June 9th seems like a perfect release date for Halo MCC Season 7. I am hoping that we can get some updates from 343 Industries very soon.
The release date is usually communicated a week in advance. I’m guessing it will coincide during E3 so maybe an announcement this coming week.
The release date is usually communicated a week in advance. I’m guessing it will coincide during E3 so maybe an announcement this coming week.
Yeah that's increasingly my assumption too
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3