Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Halo MCC: What Happened, and What Happens Next.

OP Frankie

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 9
  4. 10
  5. ...
  6. 11
I have a bad feeling about this. Honestly I think attempting to fix MCC is a very bad idea! Knowing you lot (343i) you will probably make it worse.
With Halo 6 around the corner you can not afford to put in resources in a 3 year old game. You need to put in all your effort into Halo 6 because it's your last chance. Let's face it 343i, you're just not very good at making games.You can re-master 10 year old games but you can't create a new masterpiece. Halo 5 might impress the kids with it's sparkly graphics and COD gameplay but to Halo fans it's beyond a joke. It really is insulting but let me stay on topic.

Halo 6 is your last chance. Don't bother wasting your time on MCC you will only make it worse. Just admit it was a catastrophic failure and give everyone their money back.
It's most likely not just going to be 343i. A lot of MCC was outsourced, and the decision to make MCC is entirely corporate from Microsoft to be able to put their flagship title in 4k. I'm thinking that they are going to have a lot more hands on deck, and Microsoft will be keeping a more watchful eye with the track record of releasing a game that was broken for an entire year. MS is giving a monetary injection into this dead-in-development game, otherwise they wouldn't even touch it.

Not that I care. I just want to play Halo 1 4v4 slayer with some of my old friends on my couch. 343 can go to hell for giving us the constant blue-ball treatment of H1 Anniversary not including multiplayer, and then only having H1 4v4 for 2 months in 2015 before it was subsequently replaced with H3 Grifball and then the game was dropped like a hot potato in lieu of Halo 5.

The fact that they can release a completely broken product, not fix it, and then not say anything for over 1,000 days shows what kind of shop they run. If I paid for any product, be it a game, a car, or home remodeling, and they don't deliver what was in the original contract, then come back 3 years later and expect me to be overjoyed that they're finally going to right what they did wrong, that would be unacceptable in any industry. The original post may have been sincere and heartfelt from Frank, but you can see the levers in play when you just follow the money. If Microsoft didn't give them a budget, they wouldn't be doing any further development on this game.

(But seriously, off topic, just give me H1 4v4 slayer and let me crawl back into my nostalgia hole)
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate and discriminatory content.
Spoiler:
Show
I'm anxiously awaiting the first details! I can't wait to hear whats planned!
It seems a lot of these fixes are a result of the Xbox One X release, but will they affect how the original Xbox One operates the game?
jd896 wrote:
It seems a lot of these fixes are a result of the Xbox One X release, but will they affect how the original Xbox One operates the game?
I'm curious myself on that.
I wish that halo MCC would get a PC port. Put it on steam also. Idk if you have to launch it through windows store but I want it to work through steam kinda like how Ubisoft games run will be fine. But since it is getting reworked for Xbox one x I think a PC port would also be awesome. I'd gladly buy it again if I could play it on PC since I have moved away from console but still keep it because halo has been my favorite shooter since I first played halo 3 on my friends Xbox 360 when I was kid. Either way when this update roles out I'll definitely try it again on Xbox
I just don't get why each Halo didn't get it's own self contained multiplayer like COD 4 Remastered (before the game ending update with new guns and microtransactions). I don't like how the games and maps were merged together.
I just don't get why each Halo didn't get it's own self contained multiplayer like COD 4 Remastered (before the game ending update with new guns and microtransactions). I don't like how the games and maps were merged together.
That was the whole point behind MCC in the first place.
I realize I'm way late to the party here, but please please please please please please please put 4v4 Blood Gulch CTF with Warthogs only into one of the matchmaking playlists. The fact that this gametype doesn't exist in public matchmaking is a travesty.
343i should take a long look at CoD Modern Warfare Remastered on how to do this thing properly. Not saying that game is perfect, but look at all the added content, revenue streams, and cosmetics customization you can do in that game compared to MCC.
I'm wondering about a few things.

1. Is there going to be a way for players to change their own unique emblem in classic Halo 2 and Halo 3?

2. Will playlists like Multi Team and Rumble Pit (Free For All) come back to MCC as part of the fix/update?

3. Will Halo Combat Evolved matches or playlists have the PC Flamethrower, Fuel Rod Cannon, Scorpion tank, and Rocket Warthog in them?

I want Halo, especially Halo 2, to be great again just like in the old days of original Xbox Live Halo 2!
343i should take a long look at CoD Modern Warfare Remastered on how to do this thing properly. Not saying that game is perfect, but look at all the added content, revenue streams, and cosmetics customization you can do in that game compared to MCC.
be careful what you wish for. CoD MW Remaster added microtransactions and lootboxes to the game with the new content. I'd hate to see those things added to MCC
Thing is they charged more for the same DLC players already payed for in 2007, in MCC we got all the DLC map packs for free (I think), only payed DLC was Halo 3 ODST for an incredibly low price
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 9
  4. 10
  5. ...
  6. 11