Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Halo MCC: What Happened, and What Happens Next.

OP Frankie

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 11
I admit, my faith in you guys somewhat shook when I believed that MCC was abandoned. But with the news of MCC being updated again, and your original post explaining everything, my faith in you guys has gone back up 100%. The broken launch of MCC was unfortunate, but even with that, I had great memories with this game that I will always treasure. This game reminded me of Halo's golden days during the time of Halo CE to Halo 3, and I'm glad you brought those days back. Thank you for your brilliant effort, and I hope and am certain that you will give the Halo series a great future.
I greatly respect you and your team taking the time to address the community about The MCC. I preordered the game before actually owning an Xbox One. Playing through the entire story with the updated visuals and fluid framerate was incredible. I've been able to enjoy matches online since the initial patches, although it is disappointing to have to wait for the lobby to be full prior to starting a match as you stated in your "train station" example. Considering previous entries in the series, I liked how matches would start if there was at least a minimum player count ( 6 players vs 8 players for TS / 10 or 12 players vs the full 16 for BTB), as long as the teams were even. I understand this may not be as big as an issue compared to the other areas your team is focusing on, but is it something you all have considered?

Aside from that, my biggest complaint is the removal of the FFA playlist and Halo 4 not being included in the Team Slayer playlist. Will the team be refreshing/updating the current playlist offerings along with the upcoming update? Thank you again for communicating with the community and listening and to our feedback. I look forward to the "fresh dish" your team is preparing to serve!

Very Respectfully,
NaturalDisciple
Dear Frankie,

Why is the code for Halo 1 and Halo 2 on MCC from the PC Versions of the game and not the original Xbox versions? Like many others, i bought the Xbox One for Halo 1 and Halo 2 on MCC because I grew up playing H1/H2 lan parties and tournaments. Even after you semi-fixed the matching system, the Halo 1 & 2 gameplay & experience were such disappointments because they didn't play like the original Halo 1 and 2 games because you used the PC code.... Will you be addressing this at all or are you simply fixing the matchmaking system so people don't have long wait times...

I also agree with (but don't care nearly as much as what I wrote about above) the sentiment you should bring back the 4v4 H1 playlist, even if it's unranked.

If the only fix is a slightly shorter match time wait for MCC, there's no point in buying a new xbox.

I'm glad you guys aren't ignoring this game, but the fact I sent repeated messages to Dan Ayoub, and they were completely ignored with no response for over a year, and then I later find out, he just ditches the game and leaves the company, doesn't give me much hope about Halo's future.

All the problems can be found here: http://www.halobugs.com/

Sincerely,
-A Disappointed Spartan
If signing up to the testing program means I get to play more MCC then count me in, classic Halo is the only Halo worth playing (in my humble opinion) and if I can help fix the MCC just by playing then hell yeah let me at it.
Will you guys add missing content to the MCC? By missing content, I mostly mean ODST Firefight, you guys made an after release patch to add in the not so acclaimed (but still appreciable) Spartan Ops to the MCC, maybe you could do the same to add the greatly acclaimed Firefight mode that is missing from ODST?

There are some of us here that just enjoy challenging and being challenged by the single-player sandbox and when we've gone through all the campaigns and single-player content available in this game we'd very love to have the possibility of a virtually endless sandbox encounters mode, you guys have ported the ODST engine already, and as you're getting back on working on the MCC I think maybe this could be a milestone to polish and perfect the experience that this compilation has to offer to the fans, because either way I don't have an xbox one x to benefit the new 4k resolution and I don't play a lot of multi-player so when this patch gets released I won't have much reasons to come back and play and I don't think I'm the only one in this situation...

And well for the multi-player people, that's great to see you guys fixing matchmaking but maybe you should/could commission Certain Affinity to bring one or two more remastered maps to H2A:MP...

So yeah I see that you guys want to fix the game and it's very honorable but I think adding a little extra content to it could help reboost the sales and bring back more players to it when the patch is here, hence making all this even more relevant and give the Halo community some bone to chew while patiently waiting for H6 to release...
Dear Frankie,

Why is the code for Halo 1 and Halo 2 on MCC from the PC Versions of the game and not the original Xbox versions? Like many others, i bought the Xbox One for Halo 1 and Halo 2 on MCC because I grew up playing H1/H2 lan parties and tournaments. Even after you semi-fixed the matching system, the Halo 1 & 2 gameplay & experience were such disappointments because they didn't play like the original Halo 1 and 2 games because you used the PC code.... Will you be addressing this at all or are you simply fixing the matchmaking system so people don't have long wait times...

I also agree with (but don't care nearly as much as what I wrote about above) the sentiment you should bring back the 4v4 H1 playlist, even if it's unranked.

If the only fix is a slightly shorter match time wait for MCC, there's no point in buying a new xbox.

I'm glad you guys aren't ignoring this game, but the fact I sent repeated messages to Dan Ayoub, and they were completely ignored with no response for over a year, and then I later find out, he just ditches the game and leaves the company, doesn't give me much hope about Halo's future.

Sincerely,
-A Disappointed Spartan
Just curious, how is the fact they used the PC versions as a base going to change the game?

They are running at 60fps vs the OG Xbox 30fps originals. The only differences between the PC base games and the OG Xbox are down to the updates to the physics engine (some super jumps were patched) and the slight change in FOV (reduced vs OG Xbox) but the core game is identical.

You mention LAN parties, which we all love. These features were in the PC versions also but their omission from MCC was a mistake.

Could you clarify what you mean by the gameplay is different?
Dear Frankie,

Sincerely,
-A Disappointed Spartan
Just curious, how is the fact they used the PC versions as a base going to change the game?

They are running at 60fps vs the OG Xbox 30fps originals. The only differences between the PC base games and the OG Xbox are down to the updates to the physics engine (some super jumps were patched) and the slight change in FOV (reduced vs OG Xbox) but the core game is identical.

You mention LAN parties, which we all love. These features were in the PC versions also but their omission from MCC was a mistake.

What Hans is talking about is the hit registration between the OG Xbox and Pc versions. In Halo CE the pistol is off at times where you either see your bullet hit and it causes no damage or your aim is spot on but it misses the target. This goes for the sniper as well. The shotgun is hit or miss. I run a lot of Halo CE Customs and when I do shotgun no shields one hit should kill someone but the shotgun doesn't register some of the time. Same thing with the BR in Halo 2 at times it seems off plus throw in fall damage which isn't in Halo 2 at all except in the vista version and the spawn system isn't like the OG Xbox version that's what Hans is talking about. It'd be great if they fix the weapon registration to the OG Xbox version but keep all the extras from the PC versions. The Banshee, fuel rod gun, flamethrower and 6 maps for Halo CE and the 2 maps for Halo 2. It would be a win win.
I always knew you guys cared about what you did, and the community you did it for. You all have put up with our -Yoink- for years, and you still haven't given up. I admire your perseverance in these situations, and I look forward to what the future of Halo holds for us. You guys rock. From the bottom of my heart, thank you for keeping Halo alive and kicking.
Much appreciated! While you guys are giving this game a much needed overhaul, will you update some playlists?
I’d like to see more ranked playlists such as team snipers and big team. Adding more maps to the H3 playlist would be appreciated as well.
Dear Frankie,

Sincerely,
-A Disappointed Spartan

What Hans is talking about is the hit registration between the OG Xbox and Pc versions. In Halo CE the pistol is off at times where you either see your bullet hit and it causes no damage or your aim is spot on but it misses the target. This goes for the sniper as well. The shotgun is hit or miss. I run a lot of Halo CE Customs and when I do shotgun no shields one hit should kill someone but the shotgun doesn't register some of the time. Same thing with the BR in Halo 2 at times it seems off plus throw in fall damage which isn't in Halo 2 at all except in the vista version and the spawn system isn't like the OG Xbox version that's what Hans is talking about. It'd be great if they fix the weapon registration to the OG Xbox version but keep all the extras from the PC versions. The Banshee, fuel rod gun, flamethrower and 6 maps for Halo CE and the 2 maps for Halo 2. It would be a win win.
I’m not personally familiar with any of the Halo CE issues you mentioned (both in the MCC or Halo PC) but I won’t deny they’re there just because I haven’t experienced it.

Regarding Halo 2, yes those issues are definitely present as a result of the game using Halo 2 Vista as a base, as fall damage is a bug that was never patched. The Battle Rifle damage is fine during campaign but the network detection is sketchy, once again due to Halo 2 Vista being used as a base and may cause the BR to appear to do no damage despite you ‘hitting’ them on your screen.

At least regarding Halo 2 anyway, I can 100% confirm all the issues you mentioned are due to the bugs that were never fixed in Halo 2 Vista are the reason why Halo 2 MCC has them too.

The likely reason as to why both Halo PC and Halo 2 Vista were used over the Xbox versions are due to the fact most of the work has already been done. For example, Halo PC and Halo 2 Vista already have support for 1920x1080, widescreen, higher resolution textures etc rather than having to add support for it and porting the original code to the x86 platform, which the Xbox One and the PC versions use.

Regardless, thank you for clarifying what the poster meant. I’m probably going to investigate the CE issues you mentioned because i’m interested now so thank you for those details too. Once the MCC has been patched as 343 says it will, Halo CE and Halo 2 in particular should become more enjoyable.
Glad to see that 343i is still putting work into the MCC, I've played the hell out of that game. When testing comes to play, I'd be happy to give feedback. As a suggestion, would it be possible to make customization a little more diverse to make each player make their Spartan/elite unique to them? I see this being a great way to make matchmaking great to play. It makes it to where you don't see too many players with the same armor, which in my eyes is what made halo-halo. Making your Spartan/elite you.
Dear Frankie,

Sincerely,
-A Disappointed Spartan
simple they ported from the PC because of the elusive map on PC (. they created some new map for halo 1 and 2 for the PC port)
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Frankie wrote:
As you saw on the livestream earlier on this week, it was a big relief to be able to share the news that we’re fixing and indeed updating MCC. (...)
Was waiting for that since you said that there won't be any Halo 3 Anniversary. Thanks a lot for the ongoing support Frankie! I love Halo!
Despite the long three year wait, I as a fellow Xbox player understand that the console was poorly developed and I'm glad they made changes to the system for these patches to finally take affect. But I'll have to be very honest here, next time, if you maybe want to avoid this for Halo 6, maybe next time allow us to BETA test it before you go and release a faulty game under poor assumptions. That way you can be sure we have a good stable game and a actual feel for halo. But I'm glad it's finally getting fixed, I've kept my copy since day one and I'm hoping with my order of the Xbox One X, I'll see some improvements with halo 2 anniversary as well, cause last I checked, that game was 900P while the rest were 1080P. Please don't disappoint us. I've supported you guys and given you the benefit of the doubt for a long time now thanks to halo 5 being one of my favorite halo games. I can only hope you guys market halo 6 accurately to the game and give us a story that fill in the questions that halo 5 has.
I just wanted to suggest a server browser type thing. Like a list and you can just check the boxes for the maps and modes you want in your matchmatchin rotation
This post is for 343, not the commenters. Its nice to see the admission of the looping issue. However, because of what has happened, even after the fixes are made, the only thing that will bring in players will be if the game goes Free with Gold after the X launches. Along with that the gametypes need population counters so people again do not waste their time searching for a game where there are hardly any players if any at all. Additionally the whole lobby thing needs a complete redo. It should not be kicking players back to the menu after each match.
As a side note, If aim is not fully redone/corrected for H6 as well as the removal of spartan charge and jetpack boost, I will not be getting it. Aim should be as it is in literally every other shooter on the market such as Overwatch, Titanfall, COD, Halo 2 &4. I'm just one person, But I think my perspective is that of a casual because I don't can't have time to dedicate my entire life to mastering a game.As Overwatch has proven the more noob friendly the mechanics are, the more casuals will play the game while still having a game that can be competitive.
I do look forward to MCC getting fixed and I will be getting the X. I guess it would be too much to ask for H3 to be completely remastered which would be graphics as well as other things like hit detection.
Though I wish we could have gotten this response earlier and we could have had transparency from the start, I understand saying "we can't fix this" is going to be hard for both players and the developers themselves to hear. I'll be glad to finally play this game as it was meant to be played. Also, good job with being more transparent about the entire ESL situation, and I hope we get MLG back ;)
To anyone from 343,
Okay. After just quiting on halo, losing trust in 343, I read this. Now I really am not sure where to go from here or what to do. I too have many emotional connections to the franchise and it hurt terribly when I decided to abandon it. Every game 343 made, I bought on day one. With every new game I expected great gameplay, but I was disappointed sortly after. Yes I know I have played a lot of halo 5 despite not liking it. It is only because I could not get matches in any other game, its still the case with halo 5 as most population is dead in my region.
I never find a single game. Now you are asking for a one final chance to fix mcc? Uhhh... its a tough call. It really took me a day to think this through and despite my anger, loss of trust and disappointments.... I will give you this chance. I will take part in those tests. I reallt hope that you guys are able to fix it this time.
Good luck. I suppose you are gonna need it.
I only want to play Halo: CE in Big Team Battle most of the time. If there's a way I can have an option like that, I will never go a week without playing the MCC (seriously). If the devs bring around a "Social Weekend Playlist" that brings back those "Double XP Weekend" games into the MCC, incorporating Halo 2 HD, Halo 3, and Halo 4, I'll go into the most beautiful coma this world has ever seen.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 11