Skip to main content
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
I recently watched "The Act Man" video about the MCC. At the timestamp 9:40 he starts comparing the current state of the game to halo online which had some map made for it. I have never played "Halo Online" but I did a quick google search and from my understanding, it is based on the same code as halo 3. These maps look awesome to add to the current rotation on MCC

The maps that I could find:
- Icebox
- Edge
- Diamondback
- Reactor

I have also found gameplay of each of the maps, links are as follows.
- Reactor
- Diamondback
- Edge
- Icebox

I don't know how possible it is to add these new maps in, but with the way we are able to customize our spartans on halo CE and halo 3 it gives me some hope that we could see these added to halo 3 at some point

EDIT - The map "Sky Bridge" was recently brought to my attention, which is a part finished map found in the files of halo online. Thanks to Qwerty polopus for telling us about it.
I would too, love that.
Even if one is an Avalanche remake. Maybe there can be some more alterations to it so that it's a different experience instead of just a different look.

I know 343 already have loads, absolutely damn loads, on their hands right now. I'd be surprised to see this one make it to the priority list. To be honest a customs browser and more forge upgrades are where I'd love to see the resources poured right now. But hey, we all love Halo for different reasons I suppose.

Anyway yeah, new maps, yes plz, always a plus
Icebox is just a snowy version of Turf from Halo 2, while Edge and Diamondback are just Halo 3's Narrows with a UNSC theme and Avalanche with a desert theme, respectively. Unless you want to play Turf in Halo 3 you're really not missing much.

Reactor, however, is original, and it is pretty cool, plenty of space and close-quarters areas with some good vehicluar combat. Really, it's the only one I'd ask 343 to bring into the MCC.
I’m of the opinion adding diamond back to H3 is completely a waste of time. It’s literally the same geometry as Avalanche, and as far as I can tell it was tech demo for changing scenery.
Icebox is just a snowy version of Turf from Halo 2, while Edge and Diamondback are just Halo 3's Narrows with a UNSC theme and Avalanche with a desert theme, respectively. Unless you want to play Turf in Halo 3 you're really not missing much.

Reactor, however, is original, and it is pretty cool, plenty of space and close-quarters areas with some good vehicluar combat. Really, it's the only one I'd ask 343 to bring into the MCC.
I have seen gameplay of "Edge" and other than the three lanes, I don't really see how it is comparable to "Narrows". As for "Icebox" sure it is a remake, but so are most of the maps in halo reach, halo 4 and halo 2A. I think having the variety would be nice, keeps multiplayer a little fresher in regards to the rotations of maps.

However, with this said, I think "Edge" is probably best for as a Halo 4 map, it seems to have been designed with a sprint in mind. "Diamondback" would be decent as a Halo Reach map, "Reactor" and "Icebox" as a Halo 3 map. I don't know if this would be possible though.

Might as well use these unused assets.
I was thinking about this the other day. I think it would be pretty cool if they added in the new maps.
uberdobber wrote:
I was thinking about this the other day. I think it would be pretty cool if they added in the new maps.
Keeps things fresh for multiplayer, the maps would work even better if they added veto back.
I’m of the opinion adding diamond back to H3 is completely a waste of time. It’s literally the same geometry as Avalanche, and as far as I can tell it was tech demo for changing scenery.
That is true. Again, I don't know how this would be possible since it was built for halo online, But it would be nice to have Diamondback as a Reach map.
It would be awesome to get the halo online maps in mcc. It would be great if moders could make new maps for h3 in the future also. Halo 3 is the most played game on mcc. I think adding new maps and other updates could keep more people playing the game.
knick93 wrote:
It would be awesome to get the halo online maps in mcc. It would be great if moders could make new maps for h3 in the future also. Halo 3 is the most played game on mcc. I think adding new maps and other updates could keep more people playing the game.
From my understanding, these four halo maps were made by sabre interactive - the company that is responsible for Halo CEA & Halo 2A, they are practically unused assets that are completed. As for modded maps, Some of the forge stuff is really fun! I don't know why they got rid of the racing map variants from the game.
I recently watched "The Act Man" video about the MCC. At the timestamp 9:40 he starts comparing the current state of the game to halo online which had some map made for it. I have never played "Halo Online" but I did a quick google search and from my understanding, it is based on the same code as halo 3. These maps look awesome to add to the current rotation on MCC

The maps that I could find:
- Icebox
- Edge
- Diamondback
- Reactor

I don't know how possible it is to add these new maps in, but with the way we are able to customize our spartans on halo CE and halo 3 it gives me some hope that we could see these added to halo 3 at some point
This is a great and interesting idea. I really like the look of Reactor and Icebox they would deffiantly make a great edition to Halo 3.
I have found this video from "Arrrash" which gives us a proper look at each map and also explains why they should be added.

I have also found gameplay of each of the maps, links are as follows.

- Reactor
- Diamondback
- Edge
- Icebox
Reactor might be the coolest, but it was plagued with framerate issues, specifically in the reactor room.
Also pretty sure there's Halo 4 Pelicans flying around in the sky.
Reactor might be the coolest, but it was plagued with framerate issues, specifically in the reactor room.
Also pretty sure there's Halo 4 Pelicans flying around in the sky.
Before the eldewrito modders got hold of the game, I believe halo online was previously in early alpha/ beta, so I imagine that these maps would probably not have been optimised properly. If 343i does port these maps I'm sure they would sort out the framerate dips.
As for the pelican, I think they should just remove it. When you think about it, nothing is added or taken away from it. In fact, I think I would be leaning to its probably more of a distraction than anything else.
I do have fond memories of the Halo Online maps especially "Reactor".
Bradleey wrote:
You were lucky, I wasn't aware of Halo Online until it received a DMCA. I think these maps fit nicely into Halo 3 with the exception of Edge (looks more Halo 4) it would be nice to receive these unused assets as DLC for the game, even if Edge was added to halo 3 I wouldn't mind.
It's a shame Halo Online was cancelled since it would have been interesting to try those maps, I hope 343i don't waste the work put into them and eventually import them into MCC eventually.
Bradleey wrote:
You were lucky, I wasn't aware of Halo Online until it received a DMCA. I think these maps fit nicely into Halo 3 with the exception of Edge (looks more Halo 4) it would be nice to receive these unused assets as DLC for the game, even if Edge was added to halo 3 I wouldn't mind.
Halo Online wasn't DMCA, it was officially announced by 343 and subsequently cancelled by them. The fans who tried scrapping it back together were DMCA.
Bradleey wrote:
Halo Online wasn't DMCA, it was officially announced by 343 and subsequently cancelled by them. The fans who tried scrapping it back together were DMCA.
Yeah, that's what I meant by DMCA I wasn't implying that 343 DMCA'd their own game but the modders version.
ronnie42 wrote:
It's a shame Halo Online was cancelled since it would have been interesting to try those maps, I hope 343i don't waste the work put into them and eventually import them into MCC eventually.
Agreed. I hope they see the light, it would be a shame to have these maps lost.
adding halo online content would be absolute awsome. my biggeat hope is though still that one day we will get a full proper H2A multiplayer Map pool, imo that game deservs it
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4