Skip to main content
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
adding halo online content would be absolute awsome. my biggeat hope is though still that one day we will get a full proper H2A multiplayer Map pool, imo that game deservs it
As far as I know Halo 2A multiplayer was outsourced to the same people that made these halo online maps. I see no reason for 343i to outsource the rest of the map designs for them to be remade into Halo 2A. If they can do it for an apology, they can do it to finish of the remaster. 343i can even outsource the implementation of putting these maps on the MCC if they wanted. I know some changes would need to be made since these maps spawn halo 4 weapons as well as halo 3.
uberdobber wrote:
I was thinking about this the other day. I think it would be pretty cool if they added in the new maps.
Keeps things fresh for multiplayer, the maps would work even better if they added veto back.
6 halo online assets have been data mined in the MCC flight for pc under the Halo 3 folder, although they’re believed to be armor sets. Either way, promising to see that the maps might be coming or atleast halo online content
uberdobber wrote:
I was thinking about this the other day. I think it would be pretty cool if they added in the new maps.
Keeps things fresh for multiplayer, the maps would work even better if they added veto back.
6 halo online assets have been data mined in the MCC flight for pc under the Halo 3 folder, although they’re believed to be armor sets. Either way, promising to see that the maps might be coming or atleast halo online content
Damn this is welcome news! even if it isn't the maps atleast we are getting some of that juciy halo online content. I can only hope it is a port of the maps, thanks for this.
uberdobber wrote:
Damn this is welcome news! even if it isn't the maps atleast we are getting some of that juciy halo online content. I can only hope it is a port of the maps, thanks for this.
No problem, it’s mostly speculated that they’re armor sets, and since there’s six my guess would be 3 armor sets per race, and I’m super excited for that since the elites had some rad -Yoink-. This could also mean the ability to change legs/forearms in Halo 3
uberdobber wrote:
No problem, it’s mostly speculated that they’re armor sets, and since there’s six my guess would be 3 armor sets per race, and I’m super excited for that since the elites had some rad -Yoink-. This could also mean the ability to change legs/forearms in Halo 3
If it is halo online content making the crossover to the mcc, at least it will open the door to the idea of other content such as the maps making the crossover. I think we definitely need icebox and reactor on the base halo 3 multiplayer.
It would actually be super cool if they ported over Reactor and Edge at least because they are unique only to Halo Online. While they're at it maybe they could just port over Icebox and Diamondback, but I'm more fine with those being excluded because they're essentially reskins. More interestingly, they could polish off Sky Bridge which was an almost complete map that never made it's way into the public build of the game. Look it up on Halopedia, it's pretty cool.
It would actually be super cool if they ported over Reactor and Edge at least because they are unique only to Halo Online. While they're at it maybe they could just port over Icebox and Diamondback, but I'm more fine with those being excluded because they're essentially reskins. More interestingly, they could polish off Sky Bridge which was an almost complete map that never made it's way into the public build of the game. Look it up on Halopedia, it's pretty cool.
Honestly, I know there is some people that dont want diamondback or icebox to be ported over as they are already existing maps within halo 2 & 3, but I can't really weigh the negatives against the positives which are more map varety/ recreation of existing maps, a port from halo 2 to 3 & of course it keeps the maps fresh. Personally I'm tired of avalanche as it seems to more common in the current rotation. Oh, how I long for the veto system to make a return.

The Sky Bridge map is news to me! I had no idea this existed! it does indeed look really cool and I would be interested in seeing this also make it to the mcc. This is a good find is there anymore like this? I'm sure 343i could partner up with sabre interactive to get this done
I hope they also bring the custom edition maps
I hope they also bring the custom edition maps
I don't really know much about custom edition maps, I've always stuck to playing the maps that are made by the devs/ that are thrown into the playlists
yeah I'd really like to play those maps since I don't live in Russia and could never play Online
mcmaker13 wrote:
yeah I'd really like to play those maps since I don't live in Russia and could never play Online
Yeah, I never got the opportunity to play the game or the mod when it was building up in the hype. Maps look awesome! plenty of gameplay out there of them (linked in the post or second post I made on this thread)
Honestly, I know there is some people that dont want diamondback or icebox to be ported over as they are already existing maps within halo 2 & 3, but I can't really weigh the negatives against the positives which are more map varety/ recreation of existing maps, a port from halo 2 to 3 & of course it keeps the maps fresh. Personally I'm tired of avalanche as it seems to more common in the current rotation. Oh, how I long for the veto system to make a return.

The Sky Bridge map is news to me! I had no idea this existed! it does indeed look really cool and I would be interested in seeing this also make it to the mcc. This is a good find is there anymore like this? I'm sure 343i could partner up with sabre interactive to get this done
Yeah, Sky Bridge is the one really interesting super secret map I know about, I actually learned about it lurking on Waypoint threads myself. Since they've already included all the Halo 2 Vista maps and Halo PC, I don't think there's too much else. I know 343s talked about including some of the Halo CE maps which would be a ton of fun as some of them were really professional but in all honesty I would much rather see Reactor, Edge, Sky Bridge, Icebox and Diamondback make an entry into the official series. Fingers crossed 343 does this, I know they've actually mentioned it before.

Yeah, Sky Bridge is the one really interesting super secret map I know about, I actually learned about it lurking on Waypoint threads myself. Since they've already included all the Halo 2 Vista maps and Halo PC, I don't think there's too much else. I know 343s talked about including some of the Halo CE maps which would be a ton of fun as some of them were really professional but in all honesty I would much rather see Reactor, Edge, Sky Bridge, Icebox and Diamondback make an entry into the official series. Fingers crossed 343 does this, I know they've actually mentioned it before.
It's definitely an interesting map! and I forgot that some of the Halo 2 PC maps weren't in halo 2 Xbox likewise to halo CE. With what 343 has shown the new skins, though I I believe that they should be added to halo 4 than 3, it show's that they are definitely looking at halo online content!. I will add this map to the OP and credit you.

It's definitely an interesting map! and I forgot that some of the Halo 2 PC maps weren't in halo 2 Xbox likewise to halo CE. With what 343 has shown the new skins, though I I believe that they should be added to halo 4 than 3, it show's that they are definitely looking at halo online content!. I will add this map to the OP and credit you.
Thank you! :) One other quick point that bodes well for 343 hopefully eventually adding in the Halo Online maps - In the latest Dev Update, they actually brought content across from Halo Online into MCC in the form of new armor sets. So they've obviously got their eyes on that game as a source of content for MCC moving forward.

Thank you! :) One other quick point that bodes well for 343 hopefully eventually adding in the Halo Online maps - In the latest Dev Update, they actually brought content across from Halo Online into MCC in the form of new armor sets. So they've obviously got their eyes on that game as a source of content for MCC moving forward.
I hope that the (understandable) backlash doesn't put 343 off of bringing content over from halo online. I have seen the armours and some of them do look out of place, whereas other sets compliment halo 3 really well. I think that issue bothers me more about how they have changed existing models. With this mindset in mind, I figure people would not react well to having "Edge" thrown into Halo 3 due to it looking visually more like Halo 4. "Edge" would, however, be right at home in Halo 4!

Icebox, Reactor & Skybridge would still be great to introduce into halo 3, Diamondback is looking more appealing to become a Halo Reach map for BTB and invasion gametypes.

With all this said, it is physically proven that assets from halo online can be brought over to the MCC, and this excites me and gives me much more hope that we will see these maps make their way into the collection! 'fingers crossed'.

I hope that the (understandable) backlash doesn't put 343 off of bringing content over from halo online. I have seen the armours and some of them do look out of place, whereas other sets compliment halo 3 really well. I think that issue bothers me more about how they have changed existing models. With this mindset in mind, I figure people would not react well to having "Edge" thrown into Halo 3 due to it looking visually more like Halo 4. "Edge" would, however, be right at home in Halo 4!

Icebox, Reactor & Skybridge would still be great to introduce into halo 3, Diamondback is looking more appealing to become a Halo Reach map for BTB and invasion gametypes.

With all this said, it is physically proven that assets from halo online can be brought over to the MCC, and this excites me and gives me much more hope that we will see these maps make their way into the collection! 'fingers crossed'.
Some of the armours don't look that bad. These maps look like they would be great to add into the MCC. I know that Halo 2a has very few maps, but I feel like halo 3 is more popular anyways so it would make sense to focus on adding more to halo 3
Leela008 wrote:

Some of the armours don't look that bad. These maps look like they would be great to add into the MCC. I know that Halo 2a has very few maps, but I feel like halo 3 is more popular anyways so it would make sense to focus on adding more to halo 3
It's hard for me to say which halo is popular, but these Halo Online maps where built in a modified version of the Halo 3 engine, so it would make sense for them to be easily added to halo 3. Although, with this said I would hope it's possible to split them up into different games as I have stated above.
That would be cool even if there all just remasters except one. However, I don't see it happening because 343 wouldn't want the same maps in Halo 3 that are already there. I also don't think the community would like it because they don't seem to like the Halo Online armor in MCC.
I would very much be down for Halo Online maps. Some more variety would be very nice.
That would be cool even if there all just remasters except one. However, I don't see it happening because 343 wouldn't want the same maps in Halo 3 that are already there. I also don't think the community would like it because they don't seem to like the Halo Online armor in MCC.
I'm kinda confused by your post, only one of the maps has an existing varient in Halo 3 which is diamondback, I also don't think the backlash over the recent armour addition was because it was halo online content, rather than it totally went against the grain of the art style of Halo 3. If you go check the footage of these maps, you can see that these maps (except from "Edge") was designed around the astetitics of halo 3.
Cobra J24 wrote:
I would very much be down for Halo Online maps. Some more variety would be very nice.
Couldn't agree more with you here.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4