Skip to main content
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
I'm totally up for this! I'm curious how the people who like OG Halo would react to this though. I doubt 343 could make a toggle for the maps.
They are definitely interested in Halo Online, with adding some of the armors into H3, but I don't think that many people remember something they said in the September development update: "Is there an opportunity to bring over some of the Halo Online maps?". So I do think that, in the future, the maps will come (If it's possible).
Jaydon4229 wrote:
I'm totally up for this! I'm curious how the people who like OG Halo would react to this though. I doubt 343 could make a toggle for the maps.
I personally don't think a toggle is needed for the maps. All of them except one are a compliment to the halo 3 art style, IF all of the maps needed to be added, then they could reduce the chance that Edge comes around on the rotation. This of course is assuming that all of the maps would be Halo 3 only.
They are definitely interested in Halo Online, with adding some of the armors into H3, but I don't think that many people remember something they said in the September development update: "Is there an opportunity to bring over some of the Halo Online maps?". So I do think that, in the future, the maps will come (If it's possible).
This is hope! I myself is not a huge fan on halo 4 inspired armours, but we have them so I guess more choice is good? I would have prefered it if they added the maps first, however.
Dude, maybe that would be as cool as adding new skins and new armor.
Zafiruss wrote:
Dude, maybe that would be as cool as adding new skins and new armor.
Honestly, I would tell people to check out the halo maps, even if they think halo online was trash. The maps are really good.
Jaydon4229 wrote:
I like og halo and I'm 100% okay with this. This is a fantastic idea!
Scorch27 wrote:
Jaydon4229 wrote:
I think the armour issue has blown everything out of proportion, the unreleased armours that were shown in the season 5 trailer look to be made from scratch to fit the halo 3 aesthetic. I just don't know how they would integrate Edge into halo 3 as I don't know if game flow would work well without sprint.
Update - well it looks like we have finally done it! 343i is adding a halo online map to the MCC!

I'm surprised they have added a cut map rather than one we are familiar with, but neither the less the map opens the opportunity for the rest to be finally added. Funnily enough I wasn't aware of this map
In another update, It looks like we are getting "Edge" as well as the "Waterfall" map in the MCC.

What is puzzling me is that "Edge" is most likely the map that will get the most backlash due to its art style. Perhaps 343i is trying to get this one out first because of this issue.
What is puzzling me is that "Edge" is most likely the map that will get the most backlash due to its art style. Perhaps 343i is trying to get this one out first because of this issue.
Halo Online was supposed to fully adopt the Halo 4 artstyle. It was built using a modified version of the Halo 3 engine but never actually got a full release. All new maps in Halo Online used the Halo 4 artstyle. All classic looking maps in Halo Online were left over from Halo 3 and are already in MCC. If you ask me it doesn't matter which map they start with they're all going to look like Halo 4.
In another update, It looks like we are getting "Edge" as well as the "Waterfall" map in the MCC.

Well, they did say that this is what the flight will contain, so maybe with the full release there will be more.
Halo Online was supposed to fully adopt the Halo 4 artstyle. It was built using a modified version of the Halo 3 engine but never actually got a full release. All new maps in Halo Online used the Halo 4 artstyle. All classic looking maps in Halo Online were left over from Halo 3 and are already in MCC. If you ask me it doesn't matter which map they start with they're all going to look like Halo 4.
Icebox which was the turf remake looked phenomenal. It was a human location that completely ignored Halo 4’s human design principles. I think everybody is hoping that map makes it in.
Icebox which was the turf remake looked phenomenal. It was a human location that completely ignored Halo 4’s human design principles. I think everybody is hoping that map makes it in.
They Should add it to H2A tho, would be nice to see a new Anniversary map
Scorch27 wrote:
Jaydon4229 wrote:
Me too. I am an hardcore halo fan, but i wouldn't complain about new content regarding the maps. The doubt is only one: why Edge is actually being ported to Halo 3? This map has an architecture art style that resemble so much halo 4. For the rest I hope they bring all the halo maps online, even those we have never seen (like Waterfall). It would help the game have more variety.
I'm not complaining, but I'm just stating that "edge" clearly looks like it was straight out of Halo 4 where as the other maps could easily pass for being halo 3 content.
Couldn't agree more, I would love to see icebox make the jump to MCC. It is one of my most anticipated maps, along with reactor.
Scorch27 wrote:
Jaydon4229 wrote:
Me too. I am an hardcore halo fan, but i wouldn't complain about new content regarding the maps. The doubt is only one: why Edge is actually being ported to Halo 3? This map has an architecture art style that resemble so much halo 4. For the rest I hope they bring all the halo maps online, even those we have never seen (like Waterfall). It would help the game have more variety.
Absolutely. More variety definitely doesn't hurt the game. I get what you mean on regards to edge, which again, I'm not complaining its coming to MCC, just a strange one to bring over when you see the lineup of the other maps
I recently watched "The Act Man" video about the MCC. At the timestamp 9:40 he starts comparing the current state of the game to halo online which had some map made for it. I have never played "Halo Online" but I did a quick google search and from my understanding, it is based on the same code as halo 3. These maps look awesome to add to the current rotation on MCC

The maps that I could find:
- Icebox- Edge- Diamondback- ReactorI have also found gameplay of each of the maps, links are as follows.
- Reactor- Diamondback- Edge- IceboxI don't know how possible it is to add these new maps in, but with the way we are able to customize our spartans on halo CE and halo 3 it gives me some hope that we could see these added to halo 3 at some point

EDIT - The map "Sky Bridge" was recently brought to my attention, which is a part finished map found in the files of halo online. Thanks to Qwerty polopus for telling us about it.
Ok! So it looks like I was totally missing an option that 343i had cooking up: Waterfall. I was vaguely aware of Waterfall as one of the content pieces cut from Halo Online, but up until 343i released gameplay screenshots for the update happening today for Masterchief Collection, there was never previously anything else than concept art so I figured no actual files existed. Looks like there was indeed an incomplete map that 343i finalized. That may spell good news for maps like Sky Bridge or Drydock. And then of course we will anxiously await 343i to release Reactor, Diamondback and Icebox (since they are also releasing Edge in the update today).
I recently watched "The Act Man" video about the MCC. At the timestamp 9:40 he starts comparing the current state of the game to halo online which had some map made for it. I have never played "Halo Online" but I did a quick google search and from my understanding, it is based on the same code as halo 3. These maps look awesome to add to the current rotation on MCC

The maps that I could find:
- Icebox- Edge- Diamondback- ReactorI have also found gameplay of each of the maps, links are as follows.
- Reactor- Diamondback- Edge- IceboxI don't know how possible it is to add these new maps in, but with the way we are able to customize our spartans on halo CE and halo 3 it gives me some hope that we could see these added to halo 3 at some point

EDIT - The map "Sky Bridge" was recently brought to my attention, which is a part finished map found in the files of halo online. Thanks to Qwerty polopus for telling us about it.
Ok! So it looks like I was totally missing an option that 343i had cooking up: Waterfall. I was vaguely aware of Waterfall as one of the content pieces cut from Halo Online, but up until 343i released gameplay screenshots for the update happening today for Masterchief Collection, there was never previously anything else than concept art so I figured no actual files existed. Looks like there was indeed an incomplete map that 343i finalized. That may spell good news for maps like Sky Bridge or Drydock. And then of course we will anxiously await 343i to release Reactor, Diamondback and Icebox (since they are also releasing Edge in the update today).
I haven't seen Drydock, I will have to take a look! Like mentioned, I'm highly anticipating Reactor and Icebox.. I can't wait to play these maps.
Diamond has always been a hella fun map to play on
adding halo online content would be absolute awsome. my biggeat hope is though still that one day we will get a full proper H2A multiplayer Map pool, imo that game deservs it
I can agree here with a proper Halo 2 Anniversary Map Pool, I think a Map DLC for Halo 2 Anniversary would be really great and get more Halo 2 Classic Maps Remastered for Halo 2 Anniversary. Also customizations for Spartans and Elites. They could use the Elites from Campaign to make it fit Halo 2's art style. All of this would also go great with a Halo 2 Themed Season.
Tbh I would love all the unique Halo Online maps to come to Halo 3 MCC. It's adds new life to it. And I really want that Turf remake.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4