Skip to main content
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
What is puzzling me is that "Edge" is most likely the map that will get the most backlash due to its art style. Perhaps 343i is trying to get this one out first because of this issue.
Halo Online was supposed to fully adopt the Halo 4 artstyle. It was built using a modified version of the Halo 3 engine but never actually got a full release. All new maps in Halo Online used the Halo 4 artstyle. All classic looking maps in Halo Online were left over from Halo 3 and are already in MCC. If you ask me it doesn't matter which map they start with they're all going to look like Halo 4.
Icebox which was the turf remake looked phenomenal. It was a human location that completely ignored Halo 4’s human design principles. I think everybody is hoping that map makes it in.
They Should add it to H2A tho, would be nice to see a new Anniversary map
As much as I would like to see new remastered maps for Halo 2 Anniversary, I think it would be much better if new maps do get put into Halo 2 Anniversary to have the same art style and direction that Halo 2 did. Basically a faithful Remaster for Halo 2 Anniversary New Maps.
What is puzzling me is that "Edge" is most likely the map that will get the most backlash due to its art style. Perhaps 343i is trying to get this one out first because of this issue.
Halo Online was supposed to fully adopt the Halo 4 artstyle. It was built using a modified version of the Halo 3 engine but never actually got a full release. All new maps in Halo Online used the Halo 4 artstyle. All classic looking maps in Halo Online were left over from Halo 3 and are already in MCC. If you ask me it doesn't matter which map they start with they're all going to look like Halo 4.
Icebox which was the turf remake looked phenomenal. It was a human location that completely ignored Halo 4’s human design principles. I think everybody is hoping that map makes it in.
As much as I would like to see new remastered maps for Halo 2 Anniversary, I think it would be much better if new maps do get put into Halo 2 Anniversary to have the same art style and direction that Halo 2 did. Basically a faithful Remaster for Halo 2 Anniversary New Maps.
Does halo 2a have the player base to support new maps though? I wouldn't be against remasters at all, I just have a feeling halo 3 gets the love mainly because it is probably the most popular multiplayer on the collection
Does halo 2a have the player base to support new maps though? I wouldn't be against remasters at all, I just have a feeling halo 3 gets the love mainly because it is probably the most popular multiplayer on the collection
One of the reasons Halo 2a player base is smaller compared to the other games is because it has a smaller map pool, if it had more maps to play on, the maps wouldn't feel so repetitive and more people would be playing it, also the fact that Halo 3 has a bigger population is because all of the new content is going towards Halo 3 along with Halo Reach. If more content came to the other Halo games, people would also play those games as well, so if more maps get Remastered for Halo 2 Anniversary, the population would get bigger since its getting new content.
Here are 2 HO maps I modded a few years ago. HO FORGE! WAS AWESOME!!!!! Don't understand why 343I wont't implement it in MCC FOR PC!

Diamondback XTREME

Reactor Xtreme
One of the reasons Halo 2a player base is smaller compared to the other games is because it has a smaller map pool, if it had more maps to play on, the maps wouldn't feel so repetitive and more people would be playing it, also the fact that Halo 3 has a bigger population is because all of the new content is going towards Halo 3 along with Halo Reach. If more content came to the other Halo games, people would also play those games as well, so if more maps get Remastered for Halo 2 Anniversary, the population would get bigger since its getting new content.
Fair points, thankyou for the insight, I played a lot of 2A back on launch but I haven't really played it other than for challenges. I would actually love to see alot of the maps make it over to 2A such as turf
Fair points, thankyou for the insight, I played a lot of 2A back on launch but I haven't really played it other than for challenges. I would actually love to see alot of the maps make it over to 2A such as turf
We can only post here that we want to see New Remastered Maps for Halo 2 Anniversary and New content for it and hopefully get its own Dedicated Season as there are only 4 Season left.
We can only post here that we want to see New Remastered Maps for Halo 2 Anniversary and New content for it and hopefully get its own Dedicated Season as there are only 4 Season left.
Yeah, that's true, I think we have all been very patient waiting for all of the Halo 4 DLC skins and armour as well. I hope they would consider adding in the campaign armour into Halo 2a, just to flesh it out a little. I hope they decide to expand on the whole "10 season's only" as there is still a hell of a lot of potential in the cosmetics that they have added. But, naturally, they will probably be wanting to funnel people away from the MCC and H5 into their new product
I recently watched "The Act Man" video about the MCC. At the timestamp 9:40 he starts comparing the current state of the game to halo online which had some map made for it. I have never played "Halo Online" but I did a quick google search and from my understanding, it is based on the same code as halo 3. These maps look awesome to add to the current rotation on MCC

The maps that I could find:
- Icebox- Edge- Diamondback- ReactorI have also found gameplay of each of the maps, links are as follows.
- Reactor- Diamondback- Edge- IceboxI don't know how possible it is to add these new maps in, but with the way we are able to customize our spartans on halo CE and halo 3 it gives me some hope that we could see these added to halo 3 at some point

EDIT - The map "Sky Bridge" was recently brought to my attention, which is a part finished map found in the files of halo online. Thanks to Qwerty polopus for telling us about it.
Hey man, super awesome that 343i is bringing both Edge and Waterfall into MCC. Played both in the beta and they are fantastic.

I just wanted to pop in to say in addition to all of those maps you've listed out, definitely don't sleep on Drydock, which like Waterfall (previous to its reresection), was only ever leaked as concept art, but given the fact that 343i has unearthed previously unknown files for Waterfall it's possible actual files do exist as well for Drydock, just waiting to be completed.

released for this so we don't know if any actual files exist)
I recently watched "The Act Man" video about the MCC. At the timestamp 9:40 he starts comparing the current state of the game to halo online which had some map made for it. I have never played "Halo Online" but I did a quick google search and from my understanding, it is based on the same code as halo 3. These maps look awesome to add to the current rotation on MCC

The maps that I could find:
- Icebox- Edge- Diamondback- ReactorI have also found gameplay of each of the maps, links are as follows.
- Reactor- Diamondback- Edge- IceboxI don't know how possible it is to add these new maps in, but with the way we are able to customize our spartans on halo CE and halo 3 it gives me some hope that we could see these added to halo 3 at some point

EDIT - The map "Sky Bridge" was recently brought to my attention, which is a part finished map found in the files of halo online. Thanks to Qwerty polopus for telling us about it.
Hey man, super awesome that 343i is bringing both Edge and Waterfall into MCC. Played both in the beta and they are fantastic.

I just wanted to pop in to say in addition to all of those maps you've listed out, definitely don't sleep on Drydock, which like Waterfall (previous to its reresection), was only ever leaked as concept art, but given the fact that 343i has unearthed previously unknown files for Waterfall it's possible actual files do exist as well for Drydock, just waiting to be completed.

released for this so we don't know if any actual files exist)
Hey man good to see you back in the thread! I'm super excited about the potential that 343i is doing by giving us these maps in the MCC. I have to admit however, it does kinda feel half-baked knowing that we can only play them in custom games at the moment. I hope they will change their minds and bring them to match-making. I will give Drydock a look. Thanks for the heads up!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4