Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Halo:Reach Bleedthrough in Social seems excessive

OP MTMTE

Let me start by saying that massive Shield Bleedthrough should be in Halo games. Now that I’ve said that let me say I don’t think it should be in the adjunct game Halo:Reach.
Doesn’t the amount of Bleedthrough in the MCC version of Halo:Reach seem excessive? I have an eight second video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qou3zUWfC8w
(For context this is the XBOX One and the RED player has around 25%-35% health after an engagement with Blue’s teammate. But 2 DMR shots and a melee bring down the Blue player)?
HOLD on, wait, put your calculators and graph paper down. Yes- I agree with you. Shield Bleedthrough is more “balanced” and it can be debated as more “fair” and for sure makes the game faster and more “competitive” but let me pause here: it seems to be straying even further away from the game that Bungie made. It sure doesn’t seem to be the game I’ve been playing for nearly 10 years on the XBOX 360. It’s a different game and it’s a game that, for me, is not as “fun”.

We’ve seen countless posts here and on other forums about how matches are stale because the DMR has such a buff as a side effect of this amount of Shield Bleedthrough. (So much so that 343 is even putting AR starts in playlists-thank you, btw). I know it’s such a small change but it affects the entire sandbox from Armor Abilities to Vehicle Combat. I would argue that matches are much less creative and just straight-ahead DMR fights. No one takes real risks or makes any wild plays. Its just white-knuckle shoot shoo SHOOT! Keep SHOOTING!

All in all it makes the game pace “twitchy” more like a “modern” game- but here’s the kicker: I don’t want to play a “modern game” I want to play the game Halo:Reach that I’ve been playing for nearly a decade!

Again- if you don’t like Bleedthrough because its less competitive that’s great! There are the Competitive Playlists and Hardcore game-types for you. Heck there are 5 other Halo games for you!Reach was different. I thought when I bought the MCC and an XBOX One(both of which I bought solely to play Reach in 4k @60PFS on console because Reach is my favorite game of all time) I thought I was getting something closer to Bungie’s Halo:Reach. Thank you for coming to my TEDx talk.

EDIT: After some comments I thought I should clarify: I'm not saying the social playlists should go back to day 1 Vanilla Reach. I'm simply saying I think there should be a playlist that matches what the game has been like on the XBOX 360 since 2011.
Why would it be closer to Bungie's Reach when 343 has existed since 2007 and took over Reach after Bungie was gobbled up by Activision?

Bungie's Reach is markedly inferior to 343s TU. Sorry, but it just is.
Why would it be closer to Bungie's Reach when 343 has existed since 2007 and took over Reach after Bungie was gobbled up by Activision?

Literally everything you wrote is wrong

Thankfully opinions aren't things that can be right or wrong. Stick with Invasion if you want worse Reach.

Please, tell me what is wrong. Explain to me how 343 wasn't made in 2007 or how Bungie didn't sell their souls to Activision. I'll wait.

I'm not sure I agree...or even fully understand your comment. Are you referring to the XBOX 360 TU from 2011 or the MCC:TU with the excessive Bleedthough? I'm fine with the game as it was from 2012 on the XBOX 360 which as you mentioned was mostly Bungie but updated by 343. That's the one you seem to describe as "better Reach" but (correct me if I'm wrong) I don't believe the MCC version is the same as the 2011 version...? I was hoping for a like-for-like version (with better visuals naturally).
After some comments I edited the post to clarify: I'm not saying the social playlists should go back to day 1 Vanilla Reach. I'm simply saying I think there should be a playlist that matches what the game has been like on the XBOX 360 since 2011.

Thankfully opinions aren't things that can be right or wrong. Stick with Invasion if you want worse Reach.

Please, tell me what is wrong. Explain to me how 343 wasn't made in 2007 or how Bungie didn't sell their souls to Activision. I'll wait.
Nah, don’t need to because you’re pretty ill-informed not worth my time.
Peace

Nah, don’t need to because you’re pretty ill-informed not worth my time.
Peace
Pretty ill informed.

Yet everything TU fixed is why Reach was so hated. Bloom, broken stuff like armor lock, etc. Sorry you can't have your RNG spam fest back.
Agree with OP here 100%. Bloom doesn’t bother me much as it once did, either TU or Vanilla versions of it, but bleedthrough is just damn annoying, as indicated in your video. Just wish we had an option tbh
Yup the whole TU was a mistake that should not have been repeated when the game was brought to the MCC. It was an attempt to make halo reach feel more like halo 3, bur we have halo 3 right there in the game collection. There is no need for the TU in MCC. 343 is too proud of their work to see that what we want in this classic game compilation is the classic game experiences. Sick of vanilla halo reach mechanics? There are 4 other games in the collection that have different mechanics. Want to play halo reach as intended? Sorry you have one very specific competitive only playlist. It sucks. Honestly it wouldn't be that big of a deal if there was an option for playing the non TU reach, but as of now the only playlist without the tu is the one playlist that they couldn't make it even sort of work with the tu.
Yup the whole TU was a mistake that should not have been repeated when the game was brought to the MCC.
Armor lock no longer saving a stuck opponent was not a mistake.