Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Halo reach campagin will be free?

OP Matteo9889

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Will the Halo Reach campaign be a payment even for those with a Game Pass? Because at the time ODST I paid it anyway
If you play MCC through Game Pass, Reach’s campaign, firefight and multiplayer including forge will all be free. If or when the game leaves Game Pass, the campaign/firefight will be $9.99 USD (slightly reduced if you buy it while playing through Game Pass).
Far as I'm aware campaign will not be free while multiplayer will be available to anyone who owns MCC or rents MCC via 'Game Pass' to avoid split online player-base also Game Pass includes pre-paid trial to play all campaigns/multiplayer.
What about people who already owned Halo Reach, I never had to pay for Halo 3 ODST because I already owned it, and I already own Halo Reach
Kurama3500 wrote:
What about people who already owned Halo Reach, I never had to pay for Halo 3 ODST because I already owned it, and I already own Halo Reach
You'd have to buy it again 'remastered', there is no free token for those who owned the 360 version. Halo 3 Odst was given as an apology for the previous broken state of MCC and I believe that was only for people who had played/owned the game before a certain date, it had nothing to do with if previously owned Odst on the 360.
ronnie42 wrote:
Kurama3500 wrote:
You'd have to buy it again 'remastered', there is no free token for those who owned the 360 version. Halo 3 Odst was given as an apology for the previous broken state of MCC and I believe that was only for people who had played/owned the game before a certain date, it had nothing to do with if previously owned Odst on the 360.
If i have the game pass... i'll have the reach campaign free or not?
Matteo9889 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Kurama3500 wrote:
If i have the game pass... i'll have the reach campaign free or not?
Well it comes part of the paid rent. Nothing is really free since it's a paid trial.
Whilst not free (technically), everyone did get a free $10 to spend on the xbox store through a message from Microsoft and Reach is also $10. Obviously I'd prefer to not to have to spend my $10 gift, I wont look a gift horse in the mouth.
Whilst not free (technically), everyone did get a free $10 to spend on the xbox store through a message from Microsoft and Reach is also $10. Obviously I'd prefer to not to have to spend my $10 gift, I wont look a gift horse in the mouth.
I don't recall getting a message about £10 gift voucher, they only gave out a redeem code...so what you said seems odd. They do give out money vouchers sometimes but never recall them ever doing that for MCC.
ronnie42 wrote:
I don't recall getting a message about £10 gift voucher, they only gave out a redeem code...so what you said seems odd. They do give out money vouchers sometimes but never recall them ever doing that for MCC.
It wasn't for Halo, at least it wasn't mentioned specially. It was for black friday sales but is still useable for 90 days after redeeming. Did other people not get this? Check your messages from xbox live, you might have a code
ronnie42 wrote:
It wasn't for Halo, at least it wasn't mentioned specially. It was for black friday sales but is still useable for 90 days after redeeming. Did other people not get this? Check your messages from xbox live, you might have a code
No... i don't have any codes... strange
ronnie42 wrote:
If you mean recently.......then no so not everyone got a free voucher.
ronnie42 wrote:
Can confirm that I too did not get a message.
So here's how this works:

I owned Bioshock on the 360. The whole trilogy. Therefore, the backwards compatible versions of all three Bioshock games are free to me. The Bioshock Collection (a remaster), however is not.

I owned Gears of War on the 360. All of them. Therefore, the backwards compatible version of Gears of War is free to me. Gears of War Ultimate Edition (a remaster), however is not.

I owned Reach on the 360. All the 360 Halo games. Therefore, the backwards compatible versions of all Halo games are free to me. The Master Chief Collection (a remaster) and Halo Wars Definitive Edition (a remaster), however are not.

etc.
If you have game pass, you can get firefight and campaign for free.
AMA4N wrote:
If you have game pass, you can get firefight and campaign for free.
Not entirely true, misleading. You pay for 'game pass' to rent the game so you don't actually get anything for free since the game, dlc will be unplayable after you stop paying to rent the game.
For goodness sake people. People are wanting to know if you can play the halo reach campaign on the gamepass without having to purchase halo reach separately from the gamepass subscription cost. The answer is yes the campaign will be available to play with a gamepass subscription. It's a simple question to answer without getting all technical about it technically not being free bc of paying a subscription fee for gamepass. Just read the question people have and answer it without complicating things children.
But is Reach multiplayer free with MCC though?
But is Reach multiplayer free with MCC though?
For Xbox Users: Multiplayer, Forge and Threatre are free. Campaign and Firefight are a separate purchase
For PC Users: All aspects of the game are a single purchase. Forge and Theatre will not be available at launch for PC, but will be updated and released to licence holders next year.
Game pass subscribers get access to the full game for as long as their subscription is active
Kurama3500 wrote:
They gave people who owned MCC by a certain date Halo 3: ODST for free.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2