Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Halo reach credits/points offline?

OP VentingSplash40

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Hello, this is my first time posting to a Halo forum and I have a suggestion that I seriously want who ever is in charge of the new halo reach to consider.

I have played the first Halo Reach for a very long time and I was excited to hear it was being remastered, I played offline so I assumed you could earn credits in an offline mode in the new one. I was disappointed to discover it was not possible to earn credits offline. After realizing this I wondered why the creators would do this.

I kept thinking of reasons why the creators did this, They didn't do it for money because multiplayer is free it will not stop cheaters or hackers from obtaining the items. They have the resources, they are just forcing people to play the way they think you should. Developers, make it possible to obtain all items offline. I will not be buying Halo Infinite if you can only obtain things online. To everyone else who wants changes, stay mad and don't stop asking until a change is made.
I completely agree with this, it was available in the original Reach and it should be available in the new version.
The new Reach is the same game but, it is a different game. Reach is still Reach but now it is on the MCC so everything does not have to be the same. If it is that serious to you, you can go back and play it on the 360 or download it on the One.
To be clear, you earn XP across all MCC titles, not just Halo: Reach, even though we are currently unlocking Halo: Reach armor in Season 1.

Because of this I can’t see the ability to earn offline season points being added.
It was nice to play campaign or firefight in the original by yourself and know you were still contributing to better armor for yourself. Now I'm afraid if they patch this in, it won't retroactively reward me for how much I've already done in campaign.
It was nice to play campaign or firefight in the original by yourself and know you were still contributing to better armor for yourself. Now I'm afraid if they patch this in, it won't retroactively reward me for how much I've already done in campaign.
I would assume if they patch it there will defiantly be a reward for your progress in campaign, the developers have the resources.
JB Linken wrote:
To be clear, you earn XP across all MCC titles, not just Halo: Reach, even though we are currently unlocking Halo: Reach armor in Season 1.

Because of this I can’t see the ability to earn offline season points being added.
this is possible for the developers, and some people don't want this change and that makes sense, I know most people do like multiplayer I am just asking to make an offline counterpart for those who don't like multiplayer
JB Linken wrote:

this is possible for the developers, and some people don't want this change and that makes sense, I know most people do like multiplayer I am just asking to make an offline counterpart for those who don't like multiplayer
Firefight
The new Reach is the same game but, it is a different game. Reach is still Reach but now it is on the MCC so everything does not have to be the same. If it is that serious to you, you can go back and play it on the 360 or download it on the One.
I understand it is a different game but it was disappointing for me and a few others to hear that you can only earn things online, It just felt like a bit of a betrayal to make it online only and knowing the developers could have had the classic system yet they chose not too, I'm not against the new system I am against that it is online only if you could get points/credits through firefight or campaign offline I wouldn't mind at all.
JB Linken wrote:

Firefight
from what I have tried you can't gain points in firefight offline
JB Linken wrote:

Firefight
Oh, I just meant you don't have to play pvp. Yes I agree it would be nice to earn at least lower amount offline like you used to. Although it used to be soo little. Correct me if im wrong but how it used to be upu would get on average a few thousand credits in a match but only 50 credits offline?
Hello, this is my first time posting to a Halo forum and I have a suggestion that I seriously want who ever is in charge of the new halo reach to consider.

I have played the first Halo Reach for a very long time and I was excited to hear it was being remastered, I played offline so I assumed you could earn credits in an offline mode in the new one. I was disappointed to discover it was not possible to earn credits offline. After realizing this I wondered why the creators would do this.

I kept thinking of reasons why the creators did this, They didn't do it for money because multiplayer is free it will not stop cheaters or hackers from obtaining the items. They have the resources, they are just forcing people to play the way they think you should. Developers, make it possible to obtain all items offline. I will not be buying Halo Infinite if you can only obtain things online. To everyone else who wants changes, stay mad and don't stop asking until a change is made.
I love playing online and unlocking armor but I get why you’re frustrated. I played the entire OG Reach offline. Even reached Inheritor. I had to sit around in Forge a lot. Lol! Maybe 343i should have just unlocked everything for the campaign. That way people who just want to pay offline could customize themselves with whatever they want.
JB Linken wrote:

Firefight
Oh, I just meant you don't have to play pvp. Yes I agree it would be nice to earn at least lower amount offline like you used to. Although it used to be soo little. Correct me if im wrong but how it used to be upu would get on average a few thousand credits in a match but only 50 credits offline?
You are partially correct. If you had Xbox Live but chose to play offline, the amount of credits was about 50(almost nothing). The part you are incorrect about is the amount of credits earned offline for someone who doesn’t have internet. My Xbox 360 didn’t have access to internet until 2016. When I played Halo Reach, I would gain credits based on time. As I would rank up, my rate of earning would increase. For example: in the beginning I would earn around 5000 credits per hour but when I reached Inheritor I made over 30,000 credits per hour. I literally sat in Forge for an hour while doing things in real life. For some reason the credits earned always capped at one hour. Any ways, just sharing my thoughts. It seems weird that I have literally never heard of anyone playing Halo Reach offline like I did. Probably because most people had Xbox Live back then.
JB Linken wrote:

Firefight
You are partially correct. If you had Xbox Live but chose to play offline, the amount of credits was about 50(almost nothing). The part you are incorrect about is the amount of credits earned offline for someone who doesn’t have internet. My Xbox 360 didn’t have access to internet until 2016. When I played Halo Reach, I would gain credits based on time. As I would rank up, my rate of earning would increase. For example: in the beginning I would earn around 5000 credits per hour but when I reached Inheritor I made over 30,000 credits per hour. I literally sat in Forge for an hour while doing things in real life. For some reason the credits earned always capped at one hour. Any ways, just sharing my thoughts. It seems weird that I have literally never heard of anyone playing Halo Reach offline like I did. Probably because most people had Xbox Live back then.
See, I would be all down for this if it meant no more afk players screwing your team. I also believe you should be able to play campaign, and let's say if you turn scoring on it would give you xp like online. Hell even make it the same, for example max of 8k performance xp. Maybe a little team work if you get kills.

I believe xp for just existing (match xp) should be removed, that would eliminate all these afk players farming xp. Hopefully xp gets same treatment as pc, as in those who are caught purposely staying afk in matches for xp gets their accounts reset. As in has to start all over.
JB Linken wrote:

Firefight
For me since I never connected to gold, I got thousands per match but I also saw a reply to a comment saying something like if you have gold and go offline it gives you a very small amount

edit: sorry I saw he replied too you about this

I love playing online and unlocking armor but I get why you’re frustrated. I played the entire OG Reach offline. Even reached Inheritor. I had to sit around in Forge a lot. Lol! Maybe 343i should have just unlocked everything for the campaign. That way people who just want to pay offline could customize themselves with whatever they want.
I would have liked that.Since it is not that way maybe us as a community could make it happen
I wouldn't mind getting bonus experience for certain achievements like the laso ones because of the sheer difficulty. Hardly anyone has them and it would be an incentive to do them for a massive reward. People with them already unlocked should get the bonus automatically. This should only be for the really hard achievements.

In addition they need to add challenges again, for both multiplayer and campaign for little bonuses
for this to happen you would need to be able to earn credits in campaign, which currently you can not. i would like to see it though, as well as commendations added as well. but reach style not H5 style.
for this to happen you would need to be able to earn credits in campaign, which currently you can not. i would like to see it though, as well as commendations added as well. but reach style not H5 style.
I would like to see this too, we can achieve this as a community if we try hard enough to get the developers to listen to us
I wouldn't mind getting bonus experience for certain achievements like the laso ones because of the sheer difficulty. Hardly anyone has them and it would be an incentive to do them for a massive reward. People with them already unlocked should get the bonus automatically. This should only be for the really hard achievements.

In addition they need to add challenges again, for both multiplayer and campaign for little bonuses
I would like this, if we can get lots of people to join us this change can be made
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2