1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 11
gemma uk80 wrote:
Who thinks halo reach should be added to halo mcc as a dlc ???
I do not think it should be added.

Reach is backcompat and has a decent population. I still play it. Adding to MCC could split the population and make both versions unplayable.
A used copy of Reach is peanuts to buy. All the DLC is free. What is the gain of adding it to MCC? None that outweighs the downsides as I can see.
Reach is one of my favorites, but honestly, I'd rather 343 fix the abundance of preexisting issues with the MCC before porting all of Reach into an already huge game.
stckrboy wrote:
Why not just port it outside of MCC? If play anywhere can sync saves between PC and Xbox one, then surely they can sync saves between 360 and the one.
The backwards compatible version of Reach already does this. If you're talking remaster, I can't see that being on the cards any time soon
I dont mean remaster, I mean a proper port like H3:ODST. I.e same game, just let it run like it should on the xbox one (1080p/60). Saves shouldn't have a problem.

Then again, I am used to being on the PC side of things, where I dont have to think about these sorts of thing.
It would be alot of headache to add Reach to MCC. Besides theres too many other issues that need addressed
I really dont want reach in the MASTER CHIEF collection....
fizzy14 wrote:
I really dont want reach in the MASTER CHIEF collection....
Yes but the reason I think reach should be added is because reach takes place before halo ce and if it’s just about master chief it wouldn’t have ODST as a dlc
I think they should do it. They already have ODST so it isn't the Master Chief Collection anymore. It may have started as that sure, but it isn't anymore. It's just the Halo FPS collection minus Reach. Besides, going from MCC's 60fps to Halo: Reach's sub 30fps is incredibly jarring.

I'd really like for them to bring back proper armor customization for 3 and 4 though.
it's the master chief collection not the halo collection
THEN why does it have ODST in it ???
I think Reach should definitely be added to the collection. I’m really looking forward to it if they do. Doesn’t need to be remastered, just added in like ODST.
gemma uk80 wrote:
odst was given to people who played at launch when the game was broken
gemma uk80 wrote:
ODST functions off the H3 engine.
I’d love to see Reach in Mcc, but I hope we won’t need to play with H1 controls, but we probably would. Just add that to the wish list I guess...
MCC's existing issues are not preventing new people from playing the games. If anyone such as myself really wants to play any of those Halo games they, like me, will go in and play them regardless of any matchmaking limitations. I know what I'm getting. However what does keep me from playing the game is it not having reach which is my favorite halo aside from H2. For too long reach haters have been the loudest people in all discussions involving this game. "It's the master chief collection not halo collection" "reach is a bad game." Meanwhile ODST is on MCC even though it clearly has no master chief in it, and reach still boasts a healthy-ish population 8 years down the road and still has people jumping onto the 360 version to play 30 fps on laggy p2p based matches online just because they enjoy the game that much.

A simple port to xbox one is all we need not a remaster. Matchmaking on dedicated servers with choose-able p2p hosts in custom games, and a bump up in fps would be VERY welcome additions to reach and would be the end goal here as to why Reach should be on MCC. Would it split the population? Yeah so does low fps and lag all the time, so does having the game be on a deprecated console from 10 years ago. People still playing 360 need an incentive to buy an xbox one. Realizing their favorite game is essentially moving on to a newer console is as much of a wake up call as those people will ever get, its 2018. Also, let's not pretend existing MCC players won't play reach if it launches. They will also play that game and help keep the population up. Reach will live, and MCC will live. Bringing Reach into MCC would be one of the smartest moves they'll have made in a couple years.
noble106 wrote:
I'd much rather see an anniversary release instead.
If Halo Reach gets an anniversary game before Halo 3 I’m going to lose my yoink! 😂
gemma uk80 wrote:

Reach is backcompat and has a decent population. I still play it. Adding to MCC could split the population and make both versions unplayable.
A used copy of Reach is peanuts to buy. All the DLC is free. What is the gain of adding it to MCC? None that outweighs the downsides as I can see.
Haha the last part of your post is like poetry to my ears.

And I agree, adding Reach is just going to create more problems.
dryrain23 wrote:
noble106 wrote:
If Halo Reach gets an anniversary game before Halo 3 I’m going to lose my yoink! 😂
Haha fair enough. I just want a decent Halo game to be released at this point.
noble106 wrote:
gemma uk80 wrote:

Haha the last part of your post is like poetry to my ears.

And I agree, adding Reach is just going to create more problems.
it will create more problems. since it's that is normal thing on video game developement or porting there is no perfect game at the release they will eventually fixed most of the problem, H:Reach will be added to MCC eventually and yes ODST also creating problem when it was being released since like i said there is no perfect game
Nope...it's backwards compatible from Xbox one and that is good enough. No need to add it to MCC
noble106 wrote:
dryrain23 wrote:
noble106 wrote:
Haha fair enough. I just want a decent Halo game to be released at this point.
I agree. 343i has to step it up. I think Halo 6 is the last shot a lot of people are willing to give them and I’m almost on that ship. I feel like they robbed me at gunpoint with Halo 5 (just my opinion, I know a lot of people who like it.) If Halo 6 is a total flop I’ll probably just stick to playing the BUNGiE Halo games and never look back.
LethalQ wrote:
Nope...it's backwards compatible from Xbox one and that is good enough. No need to add it to MCC
since ODST happened then Reach will also join MCC
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 11