Skip to main content
343 why can’t you add flyable pelicans and phantoms to reach’s sandbox? I’d understand if we never used those vehicles in the game but we did (in the Easter egg on the mission New Alexandria) and if modders can add them surely you guys could.
We can now fly a Pelican in Halo 4 so I wouldn't say its off the cards for Halo: Reach.
It is pretty odd that they didn't when they fully functioning ones in the game already. Hell the saber in H4 was only meant to go on almost a rail system for the campaign mission, and that's in.
It is pretty odd that they didn't when they fully functioning ones in the game already. Hell the saber in H4 was only meant to go on almost a rail system for the campaign mission, and that's in.
The Reach Pelican is only barely functional given it was an easter egg but I dont doubt they’ve at least given it some thought. After all a playable Pelican would be pretty powerful. And also fantastic for Machinimas. I can see the Sabre and Seraph getting machinima use but the Pelican is a true mutli-purpose vehicle and its got a larger presence than the Falcons do.
The Reach Pelican is only barely functional given it was an easter egg but I dont doubt they’ve at least given it some thought. After all a playable Pelican would be pretty powerful. And also fantastic for Machinimas. I can see the Sabre and Seraph getting machinima use but the Pelican is a true mutli-purpose vehicle and its got a larger presence than the Falcons do.
It actually should be ready as far as I am aware. The only issue with the campaign pelican was that it was not solid against structures. But they made a solid model for forge that just isn't flyable. From what I understand it's all there.
It actually should be ready as far as I am aware. The only issue with the campaign pelican was that it was not solid against structures. But they made a solid model for forge that just isn't flyable. From what I understand it's all there.
From what I can tell its not a very smooth to fly but maybe I was watching what we in the flying business call “utter morons”.

Granted it was a funny moments video and I was bored at 3:25pm on a Wednesday.

Also the Forge model cant fit a person inside and its also lacking some texturing in one spot near the cockpit but still.
The campaign Pelican is pretty wonky: it can hover at impossible angles; it turns on a dime when it really shouldn't; the camera is situated at a weird angle; you're completely invincible when flying it; it is VERY slow to ascend and drops like a rock when descending. It's functional at the basic level, but that's about it. It feels like your flying a piece of scenery. Also, it's totally solid, you can't pass through structures with it, however, you can bypass the kill boundaries and escape the map with it.
The campaign Pelican is pretty wonky: it can hover at impossible angles; it turns on a dime when it really shouldn't; the camera is situated at a weird angle; you're completely invincible when flying it; it is VERY slow to ascend and drops like a rock when descending. It's functional at the basic level, but that's about it. It feels like your flying a piece of scenery. Also, it's totally solid, you can't pass through structures with it, however, you can bypass the kill boundaries and escape the map with it.
Also players cant stand inside it whilst moving for the most part without sliding around a lot, you can sit down though.
The Pelican is pretty much an unstoppable battery ram since only direct attacks can damage characters inside, which can normally be done from the back only.

There is no protection from kill zones and gravity barriers surrounding New Alexandria are simply removed, the Pelican doesn't even seem to have enough speed to break through (the Sabre and the Seraph can't with the speed boost but the looping can) .
Also players cant stand inside it whilst moving for the most part without sliding around a lot, you can sit down though.
The Pelican is pretty much an unstoppable battery ram since only direct attacks can damage characters inside, which can normally be done from the back only.

There is no protection from kill zones and gravity barriers surrounding New Alexandria are simply removed, the Pelican doesn't even seem to have enough speed to break through (the Sabre and the Seraph can't with the speed boost but the looping can) .
Hey, I never said it was 100% ready to just drop in. Just that there doesn't seem to be much left to finish. The thing is flyable after all.
Hey, I never said it was 100% ready to just drop in. Just that there doesn't seem to be much left to finish. The thing is flyable after all.
The only thing to add is a prompt to use the pilot seat but it was never made for PvP obviously, not that the Sabre and the Seraph received much from Bungie anyway.
The only thing to add is a prompt to use the pilot seat but it was never made for PvP obviously, not that the Sabre and the Seraph received much from Bungie anyway.
The Sabre and Seraph might be too fast but they’re still flyable. The Pelican from the campaign is barely useable
The Sabre and Seraph might be too fast but they’re still flyable. The Pelican from the campaign is barely useable
The problem is trying to exit the vehicle is a hazard because they handle like Banshee, not just the player but the vehicle itself.

The Seraph is also equiped with a highly overpowered multi-fuel rod cannon which is 100% superior to the missiles because they all come out at once and get a ridiculous speed boost (read : challenging the Gauss turret if not more) .

The Sabre's shields don't protect from secondary attacks of both while the Seraph do have that protection.

The Pelican behave more or less like a Falcon except there is no altitude lock, it's very easy to fly.
The problem is trying to exit the vehicle is a hazard because they handle like Banshee, not just the player but the vehicle itself.

The Seraph is also equiped with a highly overpowered multi-fuel rod cannon which is 100% superior to the missiles because they all come out at once and get a ridiculous speed boost (read : challenging the Gauss turret if not more) .

The Sabre's shields don't protect from secondary attacks of both while the Seraph do have that protection.

The Pelican behave more or less like a Falcon except there is no altitude lock, it's very easy to fly.
Sabre/Seraph are space fighters. Not designed to really be used outside of Long Night of Solace. Seraphs especially because they’re supposed to be AI only vehicles.

The Pelican shouldnt be flyable at all. Besides we literally have the Transport Falcon which does the Pelicans job unless you wanted an easy to control gunship. I do too its just Halo Reachs pelican sucks just as much.
Sabre/Seraph are space fighters. Not designed to really be used outside of Long Night of Solace. Seraphs especially because they’re supposed to be AI only vehicles.

The Pelican shouldnt be flyable at all. Besides we literally have the Transport Falcon which does the Pelicans job unless you wanted an easy to control gunship. I do too its just Halo Reachs pelican sucks just as much.
Actually, both the Seraph and the Space Banshee have a prompt to use them, it is far from being AI-only.

It's really to make people happy but they aren't good for the current multiplayer, the Sabre and the Seraph aren't made to land (and flying vehicles much like the Banshee, nothing to impress me) and the Falcon is indeed a proper transport (properly scaled for multiplayer) even if Elites can't use passenger seats.

They could be used if the gravity barrier + the soft kill zone were pushed back (or removed) , I suppose a creative map maker can build something to land those things without dying.
That would be sick to fly a Pelican or a Phantom