Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Halo Reach Long Night of Solace on Legendary

OP VANGUARD 003

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Honestly, LASO was easier than Legendary simply because Tilt and Mythic can actually work in your favor in vehicle sections. I wasn’t complaining as much during LASO and hiding behind wreckage/Anchor 9 worked well but as soon as I got to the Legendary play through I was getting wrecked nonstop. Hope people don’t have an insane amount of trouble with it after hearing tips from this post and others
i struggled a little bit, and truthfully this was the most difficult part of the campaign on solo for me. but overall i feel my solo run was much easier then i remember in the past
Ive been having trouble with this mission too, seems borderline impossible to complete it without taking it at its absolute slowest.
Was also having a hard time playing on Legendary. I know I had beat it before and never had this much of an issue so something had to be up. Playing on PC so I decide to go into Nvidia Control Panel and set my Vsync limit to half the refresh rate of my monitor (30fps). Lo and behold I restart the game and... I'm not immediately shredded to bits when out in the open on Legendary. Looks like damage calculation is tied to framerate here. Anyone else get the same results as me?
It is definitely ramped up in MCC. Go play the OG Reach on the same level on Legendary and sure enough you are not being targeted by every enemy on the map at once like you are on MCC.
Just finished this mission on Legendary solo and the Sabre fights are brutal. I died 3 times during Anchor 9 and 3 more during the fight with the Corvette. Even with doing flips, barrel rolls, ect. I still got shredded by the Seraphs. I was only able to advance to the boarding of the Corvette with mostly trial and error and luck. I can't even imagine what a SLASO run would be like.
I found hiding behind Anchor 9 till the phantoms come out works then just use missiles twice on each phantom
Dude, this section is literally BROKEN on Legendary. It was NOT like this on OG xbox. I am legitimately skipping this level until they patch it as I will not resort to cheese to complete my LASO playthrough (besides the obvious bs)

/e: scratch that, sheer tyranny of will carried me through. so much for no-deathing my first legendary playthrough
its painful dude, i just done finished long night of solace on PC. i ended up hanging around behind the main station and waiting for the AI to clean up the banshees and seraphs, when the phantoms come i still stayed behind the main station and just used my missiles on the phantoms from range. the phantoms will eventually stop and stay in one position so use missiles and literally point and click, no lock on needed. absolute pain this mission was, cant imagine LASO.
Quit the campaign on this part a week ago and haven’t touched it since. It’s not even fun. I can’t live more than 10 seconds on the part with the corvette. I’ve died over 50 times on this part and was about to throw my entire pc out the window and smash it with a baseball bat. Threw on OG reach on 360 to test and had some trouble but passed it, nothing like this. Until this is fixed campaign can F ITSELF.
Just finished my solo legendary run today. The ship part was hard, but I found that you can kind of cheese things when your shields are down by spamming the LB+Up evasive maneuvers. You usually don't get hit and can safely get back to full health whenever needed.
The space part on SLASO is easy if you're willing to cheese it. Just use backwards to fly slow into the station. If you fly into it at normal speed you'll die. Pick a nook (there's several good ones in the back of the station around the top) and slowly slide into one of the nooks, then wait. The seraphs cannot get to you at all, so put some music on and wait around 10-15 minutes for them to die. Voila.
Was also having a hard time playing on Legendary. I know I had beat it before and never had this much of an issue so something had to be up. Playing on PC so I decide to go into Nvidia Control Panel and set my Vsync limit to half the refresh rate of my monitor (30fps). Lo and behold I restart the game and... I'm not immediately shredded to bits when out in the open on Legendary. Looks like damage calculation is tied to framerate here. Anyone else get the same results as me?
This is super interesting. I can't test 'cause I'm on Xbox, but my initial guess was that it had something to do with frame rate. I'm curious what they'd do to fix this ('cause obviously they can't change framerate for Xbox folks).

Anyways, I'll put this up top for anyone playing on PC
Dude, this section is literally BROKEN on Legendary. It was NOT like this on OG xbox. I am legitimately skipping this level until they patch it as I will not resort to cheese to complete my LASO playthrough (besides the obvious bs)

/e: scratch that, sheer tyranny of will carried me through. so much for no-deathing my first legendary playthrough
"Tyranny of will." Lol.
There is a way to rub against the 'wing' of the Savannah in such a way that you don't lose shields and are completely insulated from fire. Once the covenant frigates engines are down all you have to do is wait to be called to the top and you never have to fight a single seraph. Hope that helped.
I normally just hide behind Anchor 9 or the Frigate and let them do the shooting.
I didn't seem to have any difficulty spikes on it when I did it for LASO so I don't think it was spiked
Alright so I'm not the only one getting hammered. Good, I taught I was really rusty or something.
Hope it gets fixed soon. Maybe the eaisest way would be to add 30 fps setting for all the mcc games I guess. Or just like do some adjustments to the AI like add in some dead frames where the AI can't make a choice or decision or move on a frame or two.
Soooo.... 22 Days since the first post on this topic, yet not one 343 guy could comment?
This combined with the sound problems makes me feel like they didn't care about this problems.
no way a real QA could've missed that.
I can't handle this. I have high blood-pressure; I am literally, medically incapable of handling this level. I can't even get past the first quartet of Seraphs...
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3