Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Halo Reach MCC weapon settings

OP MRPIRATEFOX

Now that the game will have its multiplayer with all the weapons, which version of the weapon settings will it use: Day One settings or TU settings?? Personally, i want the TU setting because some precision weapons (mostly the DMR) has an excesive amount of bloom, which means its harder to make headshots. But only in social matches, because i know the hardcore Halo Reach players prefer the original settings, and probably will play more the ranked games, more than social
Go check out the monthly dev blogs, it's all in there or even previous forums on this very subject plenty in there as well.
See this update—it goes over the settings they plan on using under 'Halo: Reach Matchmaking'.
A few excerpts:
  • "The bulk of player feedback we see, which we agree with internally, is that the TU settings are the preferred standard."
  • "TU settings will be the standard for MCC Social Matchmaking. This includes the core categories (Slayer, Flag & Bomb, Zone Control, and Asset Denial) and the secondary categories (SWAT, Snipers, and Action Sack). Grifball and Infection are the sorts of niche experiences with unique settings which we don’t want to clobber. We may experiment with TU Infection settings internally and in flights but Grifball settings will remain unchanged."
  • "Outside of the more unified social experience, we currently plan to launch with two ranked playlists for Reach. The first is a ranked hardcore playlist with a format which will be familiar to fans of the existing H3 and H2C Hardcore playlists. Reach Hardcore will feature zero-bloom-no-sprint (ZBNS) settings across a collection of MLG V7 map and game variants. Our internal Pro Team is aiding us in locking down the final lineup here."
  • "The other competitive playlist will be Invasion. Invasion was perhaps the most unique and defining mode for Reach and featured a delicate balance between Spartans and Elites. To preserve this balance, we will not be applying TU settings to Invasion."
  • While matchmaking will focus on TU settings, both TU and vanilla variants will be built-in and selectable from the Custom Game lobby.
Could be a mix of the two across different playlists but generally I assume they'll stick with TU.
Many would enjoy a TU Ranked FFA playlist for Reach. In the Arena days of yore, I personally made Onyx rank a few times in FFA Arena.

One can dream...Hologram FTW.
Doesn't TU include the removal of sword blocking? I personally don't want that to be removed because it offered a chance to survive if you didn't have armor lock and you were face to face with a swordsman, if you're lucky enough to time the block and push them back you can quickly switch to your pistol and have a relatively good chance at killing them.
WastedU6 wrote:
Many would enjoy a TU Ranked FFA playlist for Reach. In the Arena days of yore, I personally made Onyx rank a few times in FFA Arena.

One can dream...Hologram FTW.
I doubt that will have it ranked but TU settings for FFA in the soical composer in FFA maybe cool. I love FFA and almost play it exclusively, H2A only the majority of the time.
Doesn't TU include the removal of sword blocking? I personally don't want that to be removed because it offered a chance to survive if you didn't have armor lock and you were face to face with a swordsman, if you're lucky enough to time the block and push them back you can quickly switch to your pistol and have a relatively good chance at killing them.
If i remember well, it doesnt. I think it just buffed some armor abilities and the weapons bloom (but not by much, i feel the DMR still inaccurate with excesive bloom)
If i remember well, it doesnt. I think it just buffed some armor abilities and the weapons bloom (but not by much, i feel the DMR still inaccurate with excesive bloom)
I actually just had a read through of what the TU brought and it did in fact remove the ability to sword block as well as some changes to some armor abilities like you mentioned.
Now that the game will have its multiplayer with all the weapons, which version of the weapon settings will it use: Day One settings or TU settings?? Personally, i want the TU setting because some precision weapons (mostly the DMR) has an excesive amount of bloom, which means its harder to make headshots. But only in social matches, because i know the hardcore Halo Reach players prefer the original settings, and probably will play more the ranked games, more than social
What's the point of playing reach if u ain't gonna use og controls its apart of the experience
Kinda wish there was going to be a ranked playlist with TU settings, as in still having sprint, and maybe some pickup options for abilities like active camo. Looks like there will only be MLG settings and Invasion for ranked.
I'd like to have both options, in Social and Ranked. TU has some advantages, aswell as gameplay internal improvements like you said, but vanilla settings have their place too as apart from nostalgy, weapon variety is more emphasized and the whole sandbox is harder to use effectively (bloom forces you to either not spam your shoots or to aim right with the center of the oversized reticle, it's somewhat of a balance tool).

Truth is, though, we're getting TU in Social and Vanilla in Ranked Invasion. Moreover, MLG won't feature Sprint nor any kind of Bloom.
What's the point of playing reach if u ain't gonna use og controls its apart of the experience
What's the point in playing any of the Halos then? Every version of Halo you are playing is the TU version of that game. It's not unique to Reach.
All of the social playlists, with the exception of Grifball and Infection, will be TU. Reach Team Hardcore will be TU ZBNS, and Invasion will be Vanilla.
Every Halo we are playing isnt the same from the Day one, all of them has some type of post release update that did something to tweak the gameplay (like Halo 5 sandbox update, Halo 4 balancing update, etc.) so its like saying “why play the Halo games if you dont like the OG controls??”
The TU really messed up the Reach Multiplayer. I was hoping that it would have been forgotten about and tossed aside by now. but no, now it is going to be forced on everything except invasion and campaign. The TU was a failure. For slayer the TU playlist had no population in it. The majority preferred the launch version of slayer.
The TU really messed up the Reach Multiplayer. I was hoping that it would have been forgotten about and tossed aside by now. but no, now it is going to be forced on everything except invasion and campaign. The TU was a failure. For slayer the TU playlist had no population in it. The majority preferred the launch version of slayer.
True, and it can be easily seen if you go to the current Halo Reach in Xbox 360 and tell the huge difference between TU Slayer and Vanilla Slayer population. 0 against 500 players. But the best solution would be... give people options, just like for Slayer/Slayer Pro, Datacenter selection, Skill Matching options and such. Don't leave anyone behind.