Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Halo Reach Player Armor Emblem In Campaign.

OP TheEldenOne

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
So I’ve been playing Halo Reach Campaign since this morning and noticed that the emblem on Noble Six’s armor is a generic logo that you would had found in MCC multiplayer before some of the games were patched to have it in. Is there an option to change the emblem to be on your Spartan for the campaign? It’s a little goofy seeing a bright neon blue smiley face with a cog behind it on my all steel colored spartan lol
Yeah, I noticed this right away and was a bit disappointed. In the original Reach having the your emblem appear on the armor was pretty awesome, but getting stuck with a default smiley face is....not awesome. Hopefully this can be addressed because it really stands out.
Yeah, I noticed this right away and was a bit disappointed. In the original Reach having the your emblem appear on the armor was pretty awesome, but getting stuck with a default smiley face is....not awesome. Hopefully this can be addressed because it really stands out.
For real. Everything else is great except for that minor little detail. But regardless I’m still very thankful for the amount of work 343 has put in to this port and revitalized the MCC along with it.
THANK YOU! I couldn't get any answers on this... It was bothering me all morning. I hope it gets fixed.
Ive noticed emblems have been buggy lately. Loke before Reach even dropped, in other halo games when playing online your spartan will have some basic default emblem and not the one you actually have.
I noticed this bug too, it's pretty annoying. Better to have no visible emblem than that garish smiley. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.
Ive noticed emblems have been buggy lately. Loke before Reach even dropped, in other halo games when playing online your spartan will have some basic default emblem and not the one you actually have.
That's how it has been since launch. For instance in team games in Halo 3, each Red Team member will have this emblem and every Blue Team member will have this emblem, despite whatever emblem you have selected under your Player ID.

I suspect the reason for this is because there are certain emblems listed under the Player ID which do not appear in every Halo game. Here is a handy chart showing which emblems appear in which Halo game.
Since several TMCC emblems are unavailable in the games and it might bee too problematic to implement them I would prefer having no emblem at all like in Halo 4 on my Spartan than looking at... Well this.
I came on the forums JUST for this exact same reason. Hopefully they're aware of the issue and it's fixed soon.
Here's hoping they fix it soon, looks real dopey.
Cheers to the fact we get our old school game, I also am hoping we get even the nit picky stuff like emblems and armor customization like the old days!!! I feel like a little kid again even without my armor or emblem matching.
This exactly. 343, please add the emblem system to the Reach Customization Menu and keep it separate from the rest of the game. It would solve the issue of the conflict with the profile emblem.
This exactly. 343, please add the emblem system to the Reach Customization Menu and keep it separate from the rest of the game. It would solve the issue of the conflict with the profile emblem.
Or just give Noble 6 and emblem that doesn't look ridiculous. Kinda hard to take the game seriously when your character has a goofy smiley face on his armor. I'd be fine if they just gave him the Noble Team insignia
I find the Smiley face funny, but yeah it would be nice to use our emblem instead. I'm thinking it's probably just a bug though, but on the off chance it isn't I'd even settle to have the emblem removed all together while in campaign.
Really hope they fix this. Also not a fan of campaign progression not unlocking any armor as well. The credit system in OG Reach just worked and now I miss it.
Wouldn't the best option to simple remove the emblems from the spartan models. This was a problem in the MCC from the beginning and it would take alot of pointless work to code the system to work with the emblems, more so since its just a small little detail.

Also if im correct the game works like an emulator and has no connection to your player ID so thats why the emblems don't match.
I tried slecting a number of emblems and backgrounds that we're definitely in Reach when it was first released to see if the smiley face would go away. So far nothing's working so I'm hoping 343 will fix this and let us choose our own emblems or just make it go away entirely.
This really needs a patch. If they can't add a separate emblem option to the armor customization, then they should make it so your Gamertag emblem carries over into Halo Reach. I'm actually using the same emblem for my Gamertag, that I used in Halo Reach(360) on my Spartan.
Thank you, friend. I was wondering about that too.
I received an email from Halo Support. Apparently they're looking into it.

Edit: Still waiting on a reply email... I think their definition and my definition of "shortly" are two different things...
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3