Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Halo Reach Player Armor Emblem In Campaign.

OP TheEldenOne

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Edit: wrong thread, don't see a delete button
Same :(
Yep this bugged me as well. I assumed emblems could be changed in mcc armour customisation. Not the case... just one of those anomalies from porting it over I guess 🤷‍♂️ kind of goofy in cutscenes but loving the 4k presentation... you see so much more detail.
I feel so bad because my emblem is Kirby :(
So glad I found this topic. This has been driving crazy since launch.
Please do something 343.
If it can't work, just remove it completly.
Rusle123 wrote:
I received an email from Halo Support. Apparently they're looking into it.

Edit: Still waiting on a reply email... I think their definition and my definition of "shortly" are two different things...
Sadly, that's usually the case. When they say "shortly", they mean a year or so.
Really hope this gets addressed in the future! Was really bummed that my personal emblem didn't show up on 6 in the campaign. Drove me more and more crazy the more I progressed through the cutscenes.
Wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't a freakin smiley face. You know that had to be intentional.
Rusle123 wrote:

Edit: Still waiting on a reply email... I think their definition and my definition of "shortly" are two different things...
Sadly, that's usually the case. When they say "shortly", they mean a year or so.
Yeah... that's a huge bummer... Gearbox customer support got in touch with me immediately when I filed a ticket about Borderlands 3. Halo Support needs to up their game!
I got a reply on one of my posts from someone I presume from 343: "There's only so much that can be fixed by the teams at one time and some things, while they may seem trivial, involve a lot more work to fix. Resources that could be spent on other better / more important things"

So in other words, the online version of the middle finger.
I’m super happy with everything else, but they need to fix this. Sure you can customize your armor, but that emblem ruins the whole look when. They need to either remove it or find a way to let us change it. It was so close to being perfect.
It's a surprisngly annoying detail that stood out to me immediately. Spent the first 15 minutes loeading in and out of campaign after attempting to change the emblem with no luck.

At this point, I'd rather they just hid it completely rather than leave it there until it's fixed.
OSAKA SIX wrote:
It's a surprisngly annoying detail that stood out to me immediately. Spent the first 15 minutes loeading in and out of campaign after attempting to change the emblem with no luck.

At this point, I'd rather they just hid it completely rather than leave it there until it's fixed.
Dude, I did the same exact thing. Watching the cutscene over and over seeing if the emblem would change. I kept digging through the menus to see if I was missing anything, but nope, it's a bug. Honestly, it ruins the tone of the game to have that goofy smiley on there (unless it's someone's emblem of choice). I personally want an emblem that's emblematic of Noble 6's personality and rank in the UNSC. I can't even play the campaign until this is fixed or removed. It's that big of a deal to me.
Could they make it possible to add image files of all the emblems to all the games that display emblems from Halo 2 and up out of curiosity. There has to be a way to go about it.
I think they need to remove the emblem from Noble 6. It looks bad and ruins the campaign experience.
It's funny, because a PC modder already fixed the issue, its been out on PC for less than 2 weeks.
343 havent fixed it since MCC Launched.
Rusle123 wrote:

That's good to hear. The emblem thing always bothered me.
I wish 343 would have just done with halo as coalition has done with Gears. Leave the damn games alone for one. If you want to make a Masterchief collection then compile every halo game remastered under one roof, YES, HELL YES!! However leave each game's menu, interface, feel and menu theme untouched. Just port the entire thing. MCC keeps going through cosmetic changes left, right and center and always buggy. Just port the damn XB360 games as is, add and do not remove content. Only add, remaster, but otherwise preserve the same package. There is far more than mere emblems missing and yes it does piss me off to have a stupid smiley there. Also, ODST's firefight was never ported. Hence, leave the games intact. Just port over the entire game.

Batman Return to Arkham did it right, just keep the games and their menus intact. If you wish to keep each separate or under one roof as the MCC did, either way.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. They needed a remaster and HD makeover wich is what they got. That's it. Leave the rest as is.
Sour Aura wrote:
It's funny, because a PC modder already fixed the issue, its been out on PC for less than 2 weeks.
343 havent fixed it since MCC Launched.
Have you come across this mod? If so, where is it? I've been unable to find any mod that addresses the smiley face issue.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3