OP joibasta

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Sierra0138 wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
I'm not sure where you got the impression that armor would be locked behind later seasons. This is a direct quote taken from the May Development Blog:
Quote:
The first season and its unlockables will all be centered on Halo: Reach, though as mentioned, players will be able to earn season points and XP by playing other games in MCC as well. Future seasons will focus on the other games in MCC and will include new content.
Wich is a problem. They are treating Mcc as a game instead of a Host for the games. Exp: Season 1 Reach. Season 2 well you didn't got what you wanted ?? To bad you have to wait for another season focused on Reach. It's a bad system plain and simple.
Here is another quote from the Dev update:

Quote:
Seasonal unlocks and any unspent season points will not disappear when the season rotates. Players will be able to go back and unlock items from a previous season, though they must be unlocked in order. The first season and its unlockables will all be centered on Halo: Reach, though as mentioned, players will be able to earn season points and XP by playing other games in MCC as well.
You will NOT miss out on anything. You can always go back and get it.

EDIT: What's wrong with them treating MCC as a game? I'm glad that you get experience from everything, rather than have experience tied to each game individually. There is no reason to keep everything separate within MCC
Yeah i guess i didnt pay enough attention to it i "learned about it" via this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVn2tDN94ZQMy bad. The emblem tho. This is a dumb idea.
It's just 343 following trends. My thing is what's the point of seasons if you can still get all the stuff? Like in fornite or bo4 the prestige of an item comes from the fact that you can't get it anymore. Obviously in Halo that would just be stupid because the prestige to Halo's armours came from the challenges you had to go through to get them like recon in 3 or the haunted helmet in reach when you saw someone wearing one of those you knew what they went through. I don't think they should have just brought in the system straight from reach I think a progression system spanning across the whole collection is great but I think they should have made unlocks tied to levels and challenges and then add more with a level cap increase down the line or something but I've never been a fan of just saving up points until you can buy what you want.
Appetight wrote:
It's just 343 following trends. My thing is what's the point of seasons if you can still get all the stuff?
I think its just more of a structured way for 343 to release new cosmetics, rather than simply dropping them randomly. It also gives players some incentive to continue to return after they've unlocked all of the armors for Reach (I have a feeling doing that in MCC isn't going to be nearly as intensive as it was in the original game). 343 is working on new emblems and nameplates to release, and the Seasonal structure gives theme an organized way to release those.
Sierra0138 wrote:
Sierra0138 wrote:
Fan base: I want a meaningful progression system!

343: Okay, we’ll add a progression system. In order for the progression to be meaningful we’ll need to add some kind of cosmetic unlock as a reward.

Fan Base: I actually just want all the cosmetic unlocks available without a progression system!
Explain to me where is is meaningful??
Having only some armor accessible instead of a mix of credit and Achivement related ?
It's simply not.
What should the progression system reward be if not armor?
As I said a mix of both would have been perfect.
Campaign specific unlockable armor sets. Multiplayer also achivement related. Then some Only by the credit system.
I’d probably do it the other way. Have a couple armors related to achievements and the rest be through a progression system. Armors like Helioskrill In H5 or the Recon armor in H3 we’re super popular with the community. The appeal is in the rareness of them.
So basically each season will have different armor pieces. So the first season will not have all the armor and if you want Hazop but that's in season 3 possibly weeks or months away.... Screw that.
Seasons will be spread out to every game release on pc I believe is what they said. So probably a couple months.

Fan base: I want a meaningful progression system!

343: Okay, we’ll add a progression system. In order for the progression to be meaningful we’ll need to add some kind of cosmetic unlock as a reward.

Fan Base: I actually just want all the cosmetic unlocks available without a progression system!
I actually want us to unlock armor but making us wait an entire season or more to give us a battle pass that has the armor we want is kinda much.
But there's still people grinding og reach who don't have all the armor, same with H3 H4 and h5, and in 12or 18 months the seasons will of covered just about every armor unlock anyway weather or not we have them on our spartan is as always up to us.
<p></p>
Would have preferred most being unlocked via playing reach, but then having some linked to an achievement. Like none of the hyper insane ones like laso, but solo legendary. Maybe par times and scores? Some of the mm based ones as well.
I have no idea why people are upset about seasons. Everyone is being such a baby. They are not locking content out for anyone. You can go back and go get the armor you "didnt have time to get" Honestly this is why game companies are confused because everyone begged for a progression system, and a way to unlock armor without it being all there. We got it. And in my opinion. Its a pretty good progression system. Unless you guys want REQ packs to unlock armor. That would be great right?
No everybody wants credits and the reach progression system. Being able to save up for the piece of armour you wanted was amazing. Now i am forced to unlock armour i don`t want
This is wack homie ○_○
If everyone wants the halo reach progression system then go play the original halo reach. I'm just happy to be playing Halo reach on mcc and looking at how well the graphics have been updated and all of the changes. I'm not worried about how I play dress up with my spartans armor or how I unlock the armor. Like I said, if you want the reach progression system so bad then go back to the original halo reach lol.
If everyone wants the halo reach progression system then go play the original halo reach. I'm just happy to be playing Halo reach on mcc and looking at how well the graphics have been updated and all of the changes. I'm not worried about how I play dress up with my spartans armor or how I unlock the armor. Like I said, if you want the reach progression system so bad then go back to the original halo reach lol.
On top of that if you want to vote for your maps to have a better rotation then play OG Reach.
If you don't want bots, or afkers then play OG Reach
If you want better UI and playlist selection play OG Reach
If you want a file browser play OG Reach
If you want a gamemode outside of Invasion that isn't TU then play OG Reach
If you want Triple Team play OG Reach
If you want Zombie Ghost play OG Reach lol

I understand what you're saying but the little things take away from the whole experience of MCC Reach.
I really don't understand the complaints here. "I have to unlock armors I don't want." It's not like you have to spend currency to unlock those armors. Even in OG Reach, you had to reach a certain level before you had the option of purchasing a given armor piece. So in MCC it's just that except you don't have to spend credits for it on top of leveling up. Overall, you're earning armor faster in MCC than you could in OG Reach. Are people just upset that they're taking something from Fortnite? I'm just grateful that they've found a balance between having no progression system and having to grind forever for cosmetics/lootboxes.
The reason that there are so many complaints is because there is no pleasing the halo community today. I agree that there are some things that could change for the better, but it isn't that big of deal to me because I have more important things to do in my daily life lol. Everyone keeps complaining that reach mcc isn't the same as OG reach. Well duh lol, things have changed, and 343 is constantly updating playlists in mcc so playlists updates are more than likely going to happen. But the halo community is made up of either little kids who don't understand how the things work, or a man child that doesn't understand how things work either. So all these complaints saying "ITS NOT LIKE OG REACH BRO!" are just something you would expect from a community of people that only play Halo 3 because that's what everyone in a nursing home grew up with lol. Grow up people lmao!
It's crazy to me to hear complaints about having such a "Grind Heavy" unlock system, when it's anything but. You can unlock 100th tier in no time, around a month, 2 months TOPS, for someone who actually plays Halo everyday. Just be happy Reach is on MCC with a fan base big enough to play it consistently, good grief.
It's crazy to me to hear complaints about having such a "Grind Heavy" unlock system, when it's anything but. You can unlock 100th tier in no time, around a month, 2 months TOPS, for someone who actually plays Halo everyday. Just be happy Reach is on MCC with a fan base big enough to play it consistently, good grief.
Okay, but I want you to think of this perspective: what if I don't want to play a SINGLE game for an entire 1-2 months just to unlock something, arguably, most of us got almost a decade ago? What if I want to play something else because this system is too much of a grind for the old game and the real desirable armor is near the end? And honestly Fallout 4 has better customization for Reach armor Mjolnir Mk V[B], not kidding, look it up.
Okay, but I want you to think of this perspective: what if I don't want to play a SINGLE game for an entire 1-2 months just to unlock something, arguably, most of us got almost a decade ago? What if I want to play something else because this system is too much of a grind for the old game and the real desirable armor is near the end? And honestly Fallout 4 has better customization for Reach armor Mjolnir Mk V, not kidding, look it up.
I understand, but it's not just you, it's all of us that has to unlock it. With the time you have put in on Fallout 4, I bet you could've done had it. Now that being flipped, I wouldn't expect to be given something on a Fallout remaster, that you unlocked after 90 hours, just because I didn't want to play the game. If you don't want to play MCC, or Reach on MCC, idk why it even troubles you. Now that being said, all I play is Halo, so I can understand wanting to play other games with free time, because time isn't easy to come by, atleast for me. Therefore I just do what I have always done, when it comes to gaming, and only play Halo 🤣... That doesn't make me better than you, or anything like that, don't take it that way broski. I'm grateful for every Halo player, as it keeps my beloved going 🤘... The Armor will always be there to unlock, if you decide to do so. If not, it is only cosmetic, and if it's any prize, I don't even mind having it (though I do sport the MK with black visor/ blue flame, because it was always my fav), my true goal is Tour 11. Tier 100, is but a drop in the XP on the road to that 😞
Okay, but I want you to think of this perspective: what if I don't want to play a SINGLE game for an entire 1-2 months just to unlock something, arguably, most of us got almost a decade ago? What if I want to play something else because this system is too much of a grind for the old game and the real desirable armor is near the end? And honestly Fallout 4 has better customization for Reach armor Mjolnir Mk V[B], not kidding, look it up.
You still have proof that you unlocked everything by going on your original Reach account. And you don't have to play Halo for a straight 2 months, as you can unlock all the Reach stuff even after the season is over. If you don't want to grind for it again, simply don't. If you keep playing from time to time you'll eventually get it. Some people wanted this system as a reason to keep playing the game.
joibasta wrote:
With the release of todays Article and live stream we learned about Reach's new Modern Progression System. In the stream people weren't too happy about a Seasonal System.

Why ruin something so great? People like working towards what they want and buying what they want. The biggest issue with this new System is if an armor piece you or I want isn't in that season then we wouldn't be so enthusiastic about playing. People would be somewhat upset.

With the season pass only having so many armor pieces then there would be less customization options. It would hurt customization. In the long term people would have more option. But we would have to wait for the next season instead of getting them on our own time.

It's good we have tokens so we can save them up for the next season but it doesn't help that our selection will still be limited.

Reach's original system gave the player freedom while the Modern system restricts the player.
Yes that is true it’s completely different from the original due to these tiers
There definitely needs to be more freedom with customization...
I'm unlocking so much armour that I just won't wear, just so I can get to the stuff I would wear...

I much preferred the credit system, despite it being a bit of a grind. I think a combination of both, but with more free choice over armour would be better.

You shouldn't be restricting play, it's bad games desgin to take away choice from players when they had choice originally and it worked.
Systems like this that still limits players from getting what they actually want is one reason why I don't have much hope for Infinite. I really don't get why you just wouldn't earn credits to be able to get whatever you like just the way Reach worked. Probably contributed to why no one stuck around or cared when reach was added to MCC.
LethalQ wrote:
Systems like this that still limits players from getting what they actually want is one reason why I don't have much hope for Infinite. I really don't get why you just wouldn't earn credits to be able to get whatever you like just the way Reach worked. Probably contributed to why no one stuck around or cared when reach was added to MCC.
What do you mean by this? Reach is the most populated game in multiplayer on Xbox MCC. Match composer finds matches for it the fastest, and I believe its ranked playlists also find matches the most quickly. I certainly enjoy it more than all the other titles in the collection as it stands.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3