Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Is Halo TMCC too competitive or Broken?

OP Geth Pathfinder

Every playlist has people who know everything about every Halo. Even my favorite game, Halo 4, is full of 50’s destroying everyone else. Why is this game so bad with matching people properly? In no other game, do I have such uneven matches.

Halo TMCC actually made me despise classic Halo but only after playing Halo 3 (360)BC did I realized that Halo 3 really was good. A bit overrated but good. I never played any classic Halos online in their prime. I didn’t get Xbox Live until recently(Halo Reach was my first online). Why would 343i introduce new players to classic Halo in a way that would frustrate them. Before anybody says that the population is too low, I would rather not find a match than play against four 50’s. That is not low population, that is unfair and broken. An example that happens to me often: Me(rank 15)/other team(all rank 50s)

I’m done with TMCC, it’s only good for campaigns. Halo 4 is light years ahead of Halo 5 or TMCC. To end on a positive note, Halo 2A has one of the best campaigns and the potential for multiplayer could have be awsome if fully expanded(more maps/ full game).
Edit: I spoke too soon. TS has been a blast. I have had a lot of fun in Halo 2 and 3.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
From my experience, I think the matchmaking system is not fully functioning when it comes to matching players to each teams unless the guys there partied up. My recent games, they result into blowouts resulting either my team or theirs' quitting the game but that only happens if Halo 3 doesn't get the vote.

I may not be right on this but that's what I'm getting so far.
My experience so far has been nothing but horrible, very disappointing... I hope it improves. Is MCC on dedicated servers or host/migration because its just woeful.
Correct, the population isn't the problem, but the search restrictions are. If the population was as low as people claim it is, you would struggle to find matches even in team slayer. There is neither skill matching nor party matching, so the MCC lumps anyone it can find into the same lobby. This means that solo players around level 15 can go against entire parties of level 45-50 players. For example, I'm forced to play against teams with nobody lower than level 40 when nobody on my team is above level 10. Unrestricted searching means that matches almost always result on one team utterly destroying the other without even trying.
It's not a game-breaking issue like bugged campaign progress or making parties, but unrestricted searching in ranked is frustrating as hell and it should be addressed in the update.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Because we are not currently equipped to provide moderation in other languages, we must ask that all messages be posted in English. Feel free to use an online language translation service, and then create a new thread with the translated text. Sorry for the inconvenience.
chanse esta fallando
Eh don't stress to much about it. Low populations + game still broken a bit leads to low quality matchmaking. Just don't stress too much about how you do in matches. I would also recommend the cross game team slayer playlist because that generally has people that are a little more chill and has a higher population.
Eh don't stress to much about it. Low populations + game still broken a bit leads to low quality matchmaking. Just don't stress too much about how you do in matches. I would also recommend the cross game team slayer playlist because that generally has people that are a little more chill and has a higher population.
Thank’s for the advice. I have played a few matches in Team Slayer and have noticed it is a little better. I am just focusing on having fun and not getting too frustrated when I loose. Hey, I did get 9 kills with the Sniper in Halo 3!
Cross game team slayer has been good
ZacBum wrote:
My experience so far has been nothing but horrible, very disappointing... I hope it improves. Is MCC on dedicated servers or host/migration because its just woeful.
Supposedly it's all dedicated but I don't really think it's true. When black screens happen and players leave, I'm pretty sure it's runs peer to peer. Now maybe it initially runs dedicated but falls back on peer to peer and if true then the dedicated server isn't that good.

@OP: the mcc isn't going to have a lot of players, people also play in groups so there's going to be a lot of unbalanced games as the player pool isn't large and teams will match individuals. The ranking system at this point is pointless when high 40s and 50s match people who aren't even past 10. It's either a blow out win for you one game or a blow out loss the next. I believe these numbers match up vs each other only cause there isn't enough players to consistently match 50s vs other 50s so it tries to find the next best match and then it works its way down the list.
Stop playing ranked and stick to unranked. I don't know what you're playing but I play Team Slayer, SWAT, and Action Sack and we hardly ever run into level 50's
Too competitive...lmao. Only on Waypoint.