Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Hardest Halo Campaign on Legendary

OP Captain Serowik

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
What's your personal opinon about the hardest Halo campaign on legendary? Mine is Halo 4. On legendary the knights are ruthless and unforgiving. Then there's the watchers that can revive them. It made me angry every time I was too late to stop them from reviving their allies. That and the sheer number of crawlers makes this campaign a long and tedious one.
I'm sure others will agree with me when I say Halo 2. The aimbot, the very fast fire rate of enemy weapons, and many other factors that just make it hard.
Halo 2 all the way
HYv47 wrote:
I'm sure others will agree with me when I say Halo 2. The aimbot, the very fast fire rate of enemy weapons, and many other factors that just make it hard.
That is a valid point,I completely forgot about the jackal snipers.
HYv47 wrote:
That is a valid point,I completely forgot about the jackal snipers.
I remember Mombasa streets and getting to the Prophet. Terrible times.
I always have a tough time with the the dual scarab situation in H3: The Covenant. Although I've finally learned a few tricks, the banshees and pesky ghosts have always been a problem. Not to mention the hornet portion earlier in the mission, I never have liked the controls for it.

Cheers, Brad
GT SquareRigged
Halo 2 is the hardest in the franchise.
Halo 2 is the hardest one up to date, inhuman aiming and reflexes and being able to one shot is hell.
I must say, Halo CE has been the most difficult, for me. Especially Truth and Reconciliation.
And in over 15 years, I've yet to even get to the Library on Legendary.

Oddly, Halo 4 always seemed the easiest of those included in the MCC. While the knights are intimidating, the levels aren't quite as punishingly difficult, and with the right tactics you can set them up to be easier.
Halo CE for me. The entire campaign is vicious, but The Library is an absolute misery and feels like all the legendary campaigns condensed into one ridiculously difficult level. It took me FOREVER to get the "That Just Happened..." achievement. Probably took me over a day.
Halo 2, no contest. People can complain all they want about the library or T&R, but those missions have nothing on gravemind.

Halo CE is the second hardest though, followed by Halo 4, 3, and ODST.

If MCC had them, I'd probably slot Halo 5 between CE and 4, and Reach between 4 and 3.
Halo 2 for me. Some sections are just ruthless. And the entire Gravemind mission is so unforgiving.

If I had to rank them from hardest to easiest:
1. Halo 2
2. Halo: Reach
3. Halo 5
4. Halo CE
5. Halo 3
6. Halo 3: ODST
7. Halo 4
8. Halo: Wars

I guess it depends on how you play, OP. While 4 is the hardest for you it was the easiest of the FPS games for me. I'm not sure why. It seems like everyone has a different game that gives them the most trouble.
Ranked from hardest (top) to easiest (bottom)
1. Halo 2 (mostly because of the jackal snipers and unbalanced enemies)
2. Halo CE (one of the few balanced difficulties where you always have a good chance in beating the enemies)
3. Halo Reach (annoying ai unpredictability with melees and concussion rifles as well as poor allied ai including Noble Team and Marines)
4. Halo 3 (most balanced legendary in which you have a plethora of strategies, there is no one way of beating levels in this game)
5. Halo 5: Guardians (few mechanics work in this game, revive system slows the pacing of the game, unbalanced ai and almost useless Spartan abilities and squad)
6. Halo 3: ODST (pretty much the same thing as Halo 3 minus equipment and flood, not a big difference anyway)
7. Halo 4 (Easiest legendary but also the most boring, knights make the game a slogfest and you run out of ammo really quickly, suffers from a few of the issues that i mentioned for Halo 5: Guardians)
Haven't played any of the Halo Wars so I have no opinion on those campaigns
Halo 1. The elites' endless strafing, the long sequences with no checkpoints, the sword elites that can take a sniper headshot without dying. I actually enjoyed the Library because it was still easier than Truth and Reconciliation.
For me, Halo 2 was the hardest and maybe the longest campaign on legendary. When I finished it, I felt the same way I did after going thru army basic training. I felt good, but I wouldn't do it again.
Halo 2. Gravemind is a nightmare, even with the few skip-glitches that exist in it. There are so many levels in Halo CE that have major skips, such as Truth and Reconciliation, The Silent Cartographer, Assault on the Control Room, The Library, Keyes, and The Maw. That's almost every level in the game and each Halo after 2 is not as difficult on Legendary.
I have completed Legendary Solo campaigns on Reach & H5. I tried going through H1 on Legendary and can't seem to get past the 2nd level. And don't even get me started on The Library. It is still a challenge to master.
Having completed all the Halo campaigns on Legendary I think I have a pretty good idea of which ones are the hardest.
Keep in mind these missions are ranked from easiest to hardest.

Halo 2: Easily the hardest

The Arbiter
Cario Station
High Charity
Outskirts
Regret
Sacred Icon
The Oracle
Metropolis
Quarantine Zone
Uprising
Delta Halo
The Great Journey
Gravemind

Halo CE: A close second

The Pillar of Autumn
343 Guilty Spark
The Silent Cartographer
Halo
Keys
The Library
The Maw
Two Betrayals
Assault on The Control Room
The Truth and Reconciliation

Halo 3: Third place but still a nightmare

Floodgate
Halo
Sierra 117
Crow’s Nest
The Storm
Tsavo Highway
The Ark
The Covenant
Cortana

Halo 4: The easiest but very hard

Dawn
Requiem
Infinity
Midnight
Composer
Shutdown
Reclaimer
Forerunner
Halo 4 wasn't that bad, Halo 2 has the hardest legendary campaign of all the halo games in my opinion and I see a lot of others share the same opinion about Halo 2 lol.
halo 2 hands down, your slighest mistake will be met with swift punisment
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6